Author Topic: Human Weight Issues  (Read 51155 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Human Weight Issues
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2016, 04:17:16 pm »
in my case not drinking 2-3 high ABV beers every night

my downfall as well... i just don't see myself giving up tasty, tasty beer.

i guess i'll have to skip dinner from now on.
<sig>

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2016, 04:38:35 pm »

Just do a vigorous hour on the bike for every 2-3 high ABV beers you have

Cycling: Peddling on a stationary bike can burn just as many calories as jogging (398 calories) ? even though you get to sit down while you do it. Dust off your old mountain bike or take a vigorous indoor cycling class, and you?ll incinerate even more calories: Both burn about 483 per hour, depending on your speed and resistance.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2016, 05:14:39 pm »

Cycling: Peddling on a stationary bike can burn just as many calories as jogging (398 calories) ? even though you get to sit down while you do it. Dust off your old mountain bike or take a vigorous indoor cycling class, and you?ll incinerate even more calories: Both burn about 483 per hour, depending on your speed and resistance.

You'll need to do a vigorous two hour bike ride @483 calories per hour to burn 2-3 high abv beers. By high abv, I'm thinking 10+.

Relaxer

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2016, 05:18:10 pm »
For the longest time, I totally eschewed and even mocked the idea of Spin Classes because I'm a real biker, riding outside where bikers should be riding but lately I've been doing the spin classes that my company's gym offers, and they are great! Riding outside is always going to be the ideal, but I tell you what, 45 minutes of constant cardio and pushing and pedaling is one hell of a workout. I am a sweaty, light-headed mess by the end of it. Plus, we do it on the top floor of our building, which is all glass, so we have a beautiful view of the whole city as the sun goes down.

The real fun comes after the class is over and I then have to bike home.
oword

brennser

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2016, 05:23:43 pm »

You'll need to do a vigorous two hour bike ride @483 calories per hour to burn 2-3 high abv beers. By high abv, I'm thinking 10+.

Not 10+, more like 7/8/9 - your garden variety NE or West Coast IPA/DIPA

brennser

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2016, 05:25:05 pm »
For the longest time, I totally eschewed and even mocked the idea of Spin Classes because I'm a real biker, riding outside where bikers should be riding but lately I've been doing the spin classes that my company's gym offers, and they are great! Riding outside is always going to be the ideal, but I tell you what, 45 minutes of constant cardio and pushing and pedaling is one hell of a workout. I am a sweaty, light-headed mess by the end of it. Plus, we do it on the top floor of our building, which is all glass, so we have a beautiful view of the whole city as the sun goes down.

I did em about 2 years ago - they are kinda fun

brennser

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2016, 05:25:58 pm »
Dedicated bike commuter - 4,500 miles last year
impressive!

Most, but not all, of those miles were commuting - but I also ride on the weekends w friends and do a couple of centuries a year

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2016, 05:51:52 pm »

I did em about 2 years ago - they are kinda fun
I go back and forth on these, really depends on the person running the class IMO
they are great in the winter
I've never gone to one of those "spin centers" that only do spin classes
only done mine at a gym

but it's a great workout and I probably ride 3 times harder then when I'm out on the trails
So it really is an effective use of 45 mins
I'd much rather ride for 2-3 hours (not always and option...but since you asked)

slack

shemptiness

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2016, 06:39:13 pm »

My wife's nephew's wife - a niece-in-law maybe - is a coach.  She posted this today.

walk,on,by

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2016, 12:37:39 pm »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2016, 05:40:46 pm »

hutch

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2016, 07:12:23 pm »
Pablo Sandoval has lost the starting job with the Boston Red Sox.

killsaly

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2016, 02:39:18 am »

walk,on,by

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2016, 09:13:53 am »
were we, supposed to be able to click on that and hear and good ole time about someone's opinion, about fat people?  its just a picture, and isn't it sad when a photo, just won't do?

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2016, 05:55:04 pm »

now Julian is looking like letterman
slack