Author Topic: Favorite Prince song and album  (Read 31300 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Favorite Prince song and album
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2016, 01:20:11 pm »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2016, 12:40:20 pm »
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:48:56 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2016, 10:31:49 am »
a cover dedicated to hutch (since he might be the only person here to know the first song without looking it up): Prince - Stratus/That's It, All Shook Up

the entire 2009 Montreux set was incredible... all the critics loved it.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2016, 11:41:05 am »
the entire 2009 Montreux set was incredible... all the critics loved it.
I find it weird that is on Mixcloud; they have a rule where any mix with more than three songs by any artist, gets blocked in the US because of licensing rules.... I thought these applied to live tracks as well as studio recordings.

http://support.mixcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/1590263-why-is-my-upload-not-available-
US Rules per upload:
- Maximum 4 tracks by an artist (and max 3 consecutively)
​- Maximum 3 tracks from an album (and max 2 consecutively)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2016, 01:01:50 pm »
huh, maybe... in which case, enjoy it while you can!
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2016, 01:09:39 pm »
WTF.. Prince wrote a song called Donald Trump? You can hear him on the backing vocals on it
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/04/22/princes-surprisingly-apt-song-about-donald-trump-annotated/

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2016, 04:12:55 pm »
Prince?s Addiction and an Intervention Too Late

"Prince wanted to go back to Minneapolis to get checked out by a doctor, Mr. Worsoe said, and asked to postpone shows in St. Louis, Nashville and Washington that were scheduled, but not yet announced, for the next week."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2016, 12:40:42 pm »
x-posted

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/dean-ween-remembers-prince-he-was-my-john-lennon-20160506

wow..that is really cool to read...really hit all the notes.. the conclusion is dead on

I really need to go down to New Hope while Deaner is doing those jam nights on Wednesdays.. anybody know - Yada- how to find out when he's there???

Yada

« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2016, 01:02:23 pm »
x-posted

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/dean-ween-remembers-prince-he-was-my-john-lennon-20160506

wow..that is really cool to read...really hit all the notes.. the conclusion is dead on

I really need to go down to New Hope while Deaner is doing those jam nights on Wednesdays.. anybody know - Yada- how to find out when he's there???

He's basically always there, unless he's on tour with DWG or Ween. If you follow him on FB, he posts about it basically every Wednesday. I've wanted to get up there for years as well.

hutch

« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2016, 01:06:09 pm »
x-posted

He's basically always there, unless he's on tour with DWG or Ween. If you follow him on FB, he posts about it basically every Wednesday. I've wanted to get up there for years as well.

I need to get there soon but its hard to leave DC early enough to do that...

Lately he's been talking about some issues with the bar.... that's given me a new sense of urgency....

hutch

« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2016, 06:28:33 pm »
true... he did apologize and said he should have kept his big mouth shut.. even Paul Stanley called him out on it!

but I guess his larger point is that if someone dies because of things they do to themselves he has no sympathy for them.. and that he has never had a drop of alcohol or done any drugs.......although he made a mistake calling out Prince...his larger point is interesting to contemplate..

« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2016, 03:21:46 pm »
it's official  Pop legend Prince died from an accidental overdose of painkillers, a medical examiner said Thursday after an autopsy.
slack