Author Topic: Band reunions you'd like to see  (Read 21518 times)

Relaxer

Re: Band reunions you'd like to see
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2016, 03:42:44 pm »
Readers of Bob Mould?s autobiography, See a Little Light, could have been forgiven for thinking the former Hüsker Dü frontman had not so much burned his bridges with his old bandmates as dynamited them, then dug an even deeper channel in the river to ensure there was no chance of them ever being on the same side of the water ever again.

Now, it seems, he must have mellowed. The beloved and influential alt-rock band have just unveiled their first activity in decades, and though no reunion has been announced, bassist Greg Norton has coyly referred to the band hiring a manager ?to help us get a foothold back in the business?.

For now, all Hüsker Dü have unveiled is their first official web page. It is their only official activity since their 1994 live album The Living End, which came six years after their acrimonious split. So far, all the site offers is the chance to buy six T-shirts, but an official Facebook page is likely to follow.

The Minneapolis Star Tribune, the group?s hometown newspaper, reports that the group have been sorting out licensing issues with SST Records ? who released their classic albums Zen Arcade, New Day Rising and Flip Your Wig ? which has allowed their music to be used on television.

?There are more moving parts than we?d like to deal with, but we?ll see what happens,? Norton told the Star Tribune, when asked about future activity, including the reissuing of their back catalogue. That catalogue has been untouched for years owing to it being split between different labels.

?The main thing is, there?s ongoing communication between the three of us now,? Norton added.

Hüsker Dü became one of the most influential alternative bands in the US during the 1980s, moving from hardcore punk to a muscular rock style, with two acclaimed songwriters in Mould and drummer Grant Hart. They fell apart in 1987, after Hart succumbed to heroin addiction. Mould and Hart pursued musical careers ? Mould achieved an unlikely No 3 album in the UK with Beaster, by his group Sugar ? while Norton became a chef.
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2016, 03:20:06 pm »
I would also be down for Them Crooked Vultures.

TCV just updated their profile picture on FB, which has the internets abuzz with rumors that a second album is near.  so, maybe...
<sig>

bob72

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2016, 04:52:33 pm »
I would also be down for Them Crooked Vultures.

TCV just updated their profile picture on FB, which has the internets abuzz with rumors that a second album is near.  so, maybe...
ugh... The internets
PENIS

walk,on,by

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2016, 10:04:19 pm »
I still remember that wonderful, 930 club show.  Jpj and that bass!

Unsanity

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2016, 04:30:53 am »
I want to see Acid Bath reunited. Probably won't happen, Dax Riggs does well on his own I think.

Yes please to more Them Crooked Vultures as well.

killsaly

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2016, 12:42:48 pm »
I grew up a few hours north of Acid Bath and found their music in 1995 or 1996. Sadly I never was able to see them before they ended (I was too young, didn't go to shows, and definitely did not go to out of town shows at that time).  I did see Deadboy once, but it's not the same. 

Good choice.  I wish they would gather the remaining members, get a replacement, and tour a bit.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2016, 11:41:07 am »
in case anyone is holding out for a rollins/black flag reunion: https://vimeo.com/90269369 (very end of this one-minute video)
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2019, 07:51:10 pm »
Supergrass

Looks like it’s happening

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2019, 11:54:41 pm »
Supergrass

Looks like it’s happening

Fuck yeah

Do tell...

evilizac

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2019, 06:12:47 pm »
Whoa! I was literally just thinking about them they other day. They were definitely a favorite act when I first moved to the area, and likely my first show at the club that I drove myself to and would be willing to openly admit to seeing (first ever being some pop/punk showcase featuring the band Homegrown). I definitely feel like Supergrass was an underrated band with humor and style that belied their punky beginnings. It would be nice to hear some news.
WHAT?

TheREALHunter

« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2019, 03:21:49 pm »
Cocteau Twins
(not holding my breath for it to happen but...)

hutch

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2020, 04:07:01 pm »
Kyuss Lives was fine. Would definitely see that tho.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2022, 02:24:49 pm »
I want to preface my list by saying that thankfully, I have been able to see most of the bands that I grew up listening to over the last 13 years.  The main ones that I did not see yet, I cant see or wont see because of deaths (Nirvana, Pantera, Alice in Chains are some that pop in mind; and no I would not see any of those bands with a replacement member).

well i guess this reunion won't be getting killsaly's money. 
Pantera to Tour in 2023 for First Time in Over 20 Years

only half the original band left... i wonder who'll they'll get on guitar and drums.  zakk wylde's name keeps coming up, and being immediately shot down.

Pantera Reunion Tour: Top Candidates to Play Guitar and Drums for the Iconic Metal Band
Who will fill the legendary shoes of late brothers Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul?
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2022, 02:59:43 pm »
The Pantera reunion is a bad joke.

There is a funny chapter in Grohl’s autobiography about Pantera