Author Topic: Should Mods ban Julian for blatant post count padding?  (Read 6110 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Should Mods ban Julian for blatant post count padding?
« on: August 31, 2016, 01:22:25 pm »
let's face it, jules' intergers thread is nothing more than a lame attempt at boosting his post count.  the posts:views ratio shows how useless that thread is.  given the quality of his writing, one would think that such 'roid-posts would be beneath him...

the integers thread does nothing to improve community here and serves only to clog up the database and occupy disk space.  i say kill it, and get back to harping on the obese - one actual post at a time, like the rest of us.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Should Mods ban Julian for blatant post count padding?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 01:26:16 pm »
if not a ban, which i admit is extreme (but makes for a great topic headline - got you to look!), they should shut down that thread.  lowering of post count optional.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 01:36:01 pm »
y would any1 want 2 pad their post count doe
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: TAN: Should Mods ban Julian for blatant post count padding?
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 01:36:17 pm »
You disappoint me, Sweets. The integer thread, like many things I do on here, has legitimate social experiment merit, which I would ruin by explaining it to everyone before its run its course.

I was (if I am doing the math correctly) top 5 in post count before the integer thread started; what is there to gain?

Allow me a sports analogy (albeit not a sport I think you watch much): you know who talks about where they are on the NBA all time scoring list? Karl Malone. Why does Karl Malone do that? Because he literally never won jackshit in his entire career. His entire legacy is tied up in his rote accumulation of (ultimately) meaningless points. You know who never talks about where they are on the NBA all time scoring list? Michael Jordan. Why is that? Because he's Michael Jordan.

I have Julian's America, Weblebrity is a Bitch Day, the GwarBQ, and hundreds of topics to my credit. I have transformed how people post and how real life bleeds into the community and vice versa. I am woven into the fabric of this community so definitively that to tell the story of this community without me would be tantamount to  discussing 20th Century Europe and omitting Hitler. When its all said and done I'm on the Mount Rushmore of this community and absolutely no one would list post count on the list of reasons why that is the case.

Give me a little credit. And please add the TAN: prefix to the thread name.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:30:55 pm by Julian, the BELOVED »
LVMH

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 01:37:28 pm »
'roid-posts
I would argue 'roid-posts would be using a script to automate the integers. Absolutely every single one of my posts are typed with my own fingers with absolutely no performance enhancing technology.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:40:43 pm by Julian, the BELOVED »
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 01:45:04 pm »
When its all said and done I'm on the Mount Rushmore of this community and absolutely no one would list post count on the list of reasons why that is the case.
:D
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 01:47:13 pm »
Listen JFraud..  you are debasing the 10K Club.. I cannot in good conscience vote for your induction either or afford you the exclusive benefits that accrue with membership.. I will not be meeting with you to consider your nomination.

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 01:50:17 pm »
The below might have been a roman a clef:

you know who talks about where they are on the NBA all time scoring list? Karl Malone. Why does Karl Malone do that? Because he literally never won jackshit in his entire career. His entire legacy is tied up in his rote accumulation of (ultimately) meaningless points.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:52:44 pm by Julian, the BELOVED »
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 02:05:51 pm »
But to answer the question no ban obviously......

I just think its sad cause Julian used to have really great posts but now 80% of his posts are garbage numbers! He has a very low post quality average...... I'd be surprised if he was hitting above the Mendoza line at this point...

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 02:06:05 pm »
the integers thread does nothing to improve community here and serves only to clog up the database and occupy disk space. 
Huh, wonder where you stole that argument from!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:09:15 pm by Julian, the BELOVED »
LVMH

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 02:07:01 pm »
He has a very low post quality average...... I'd be surprised if he was hitting above the Mendoza line at this point...
Pete Rose's batting average dropped off in later years too. Father Time remains undefeated. Oh, my sciatica!
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 02:16:47 pm »
Making a comment so I can see my post count.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 02:17:48 pm »
Huh. There was a time when it seemed like I was stuck at ~2,800 posts. I just couldn't seem to break out of that neighborhood, which was embarrassing because I joined in 2001. Apparently 5k is my next milestone.
oword

killsaly

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 02:19:26 pm »
Too bad we cant combine post counts of any alt and former accounts that one might have had...

hutch

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 02:21:57 pm »
He has a very low post quality average...... I'd be surprised if he was hitting above the Mendoza line at this point...
Pete Rose's batting average dropped off in later years too. Father Time remains undefeated. Oh, my sciatica!

but this dropoff is so dramatic... reminds me more of Heinrich Ludwig Gehrig...