Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258180 times)

Yada

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2017, 09:32:58 am »
Is the price point just because it is opening night + a band which would regularly play Verizon Center or Jiffy Lube Live?

Great question. Because to be honest, that's the one reason why I'm on the fence about even going. I'm curious to check out Anthem, but $100...wow. Looking over my concert ticket stubs from the years, I realize touring is the way bands make money and they've had to raise tickets costs, but I really have to start to be more selective about what I pay for shows because my salary doesn't match how expensive DC has become. There's absolutely no way I can afford to pay $100 for club shows. For the same reason why I rarely go to super expensive restaurants. I'm glad someone has the money to enjoy these things on a regular basis, but it ain't me.

I wouldn't be against a catered private boardie suite for the top 10 current boardies. Seth?

bearman🐻

« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2017, 09:34:42 am »
Great question. Because to be honest, that's the one reason why I'm on the fence about even going. I'm curious to check out Anthem, but $100...wow. Looking over my concert ticket stubs from the years, I realize touring is the way bands make money and they've had to raise tickets costs, but I really have to start to be more selective about what I pay for shows because my salary doesn't match how expensive DC has become. There's absolutely no way I can afford to pay $100 for club shows. For the same reason why I rarely go to super expensive restaurants. I'm glad someone has the money to enjoy these things on a regular basis, but it ain't me.

This.
and that

they didn't charge $100 for the green day show at the club?

$65

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2017, 09:41:05 am »
Why would he set up a Presale with all of this walrus talk ?!
jules don't do FWB...so if Seth wanted to exclude the walrus wonk...that would the way to go
First of all its absurd to hold me accountable for being the one person with the courage to report what everyone else is talking about behind closed doors.

Second, $$ talks not FWB. I'll continue to get into anything I want to attend.
LVMH

« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2017, 09:41:08 am »

I wouldn't be against a catered private boardie suite for the top 10 current boardies. Seth?
you are at 14...might have to kill four bordies to make it to that party

although Julie will be barred from the suite with all his walrus talk
and Sweets and Vanwinkely live kind of far away
Azag probably wouldn't want to be associated with us sell outs

so maybe you do make the cut
slack

ggw

« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2017, 09:41:46 am »
I figured the $100 price point was due to the Opening Night Gala that would certainly accompany the concert. Red carpet, champagne cocktail hour, seat fillers, etc...

Am I mistaken?

bearman🐻

« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2017, 09:44:29 am »
I figured the $100 price point was due to the Opening Night Gala that would certainly accompany the concert. Red carpet, champagne cocktail hour, seat fillers, etc...

Am I mistaken?

Dunno...sounds nice, but this is a rock concert, not the Kennedy Center. If that includes a Dave Grohl and Seth signed lithograph, that might be kinda cool.

Yada

« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2017, 09:55:31 am »

you are at 14...might have to kill four bordies to make it to that party

and Sweets and Vanwinkely live kind of far away
Azag probably wouldn't want to be associated with us sell outs

so maybe you do make the cut

that is true, however, I wouldn't call a few of the folks on that list "current." Somewhat relics of the past, or legends so they say.

« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2017, 10:45:00 am »
I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2017, 12:10:27 pm »
so what boardie that posts fairly regular is the biggest Foos fan? I was just writing Sidehatch that while I totally respect them they just don't do it for me...I know it will be a good show.. .but I won't get goosebumps at any point.. I also know that... for me it just can't be about the historical aspect... I had the same feeling when the Pumpkins opened the 930..I was like..well I like them OK and all but not like other people... so I didn't go..I did see them later that year in Chicago cause a friend got tickets for my visit..

« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2017, 02:11:53 pm »
Does anyone know why the tickets range from $100-175 for Foo Fighters? What does the extra $75 get me?
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2017, 02:22:06 pm »
I suspect that you get an exclusive Most Excellent Seat (tm), rather than being forced to stand shoulder to shoulder with your brethren, breathing on the back of one's neck whilst another breathes upon yourn.

« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2017, 02:24:56 pm »
I suspect that you get an exclusive Most Excellent Seat (tm), rather than being forced to stand shoulder to shoulder with your brethren, breathing on the back of one's neck whilst another breathes upon yourn.
And does Seth have an appropriate amount of security to make sure us glitterati and those of our ilk don't have commoners make eye contact with us? One of the most exhausting part of any concert is bellowing at scum "DON'T YOU DARE LOOK AT ME!"
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2017, 02:56:29 pm »
In the very least, you'll have exclusive access to the retractable chandeliers.

DotTheEyes

« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2017, 03:40:44 pm »
For 175$, you get to be in the swimming-pool ceiling.

travelinbeat

« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2017, 03:48:40 pm »
This would be a good opportunity for one of those Friends with Benefits presales since the sharks will be out for these tickets.

2nd'ed