Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258288 times)

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #240 on: June 22, 2017, 02:26:22 pm »
I agree with yada, you gotta put the right amount of zeros in front of your # and the scalper has to have your email address set up in ticketfly
so only likely cause was: used it for foos or PEBKAC
or there were truly no tix left
slack

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #241 on: June 22, 2017, 03:01:23 pm »
i'm wondering if ever a 930 show starts selling better than expected, will it ever be moved to Anthem?  and if an Anthem show's ticket sales are under-performing, will it be moved to 930?

Excellent question and likely

wrong

we're asked to do that all the time now...when a show sells out sometimes they want us to move it to a bigger place

I say no

I don't believe in it for a number of reasons, mostly because that's not the promise we made when sold someone a ticket

Thanks Seth, as fans and patrons, we appreciate that.

fatskippy

« Reply #242 on: June 23, 2017, 10:08:59 am »
LCD super seats were not will call only. And a seating chart would be nice.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #243 on: June 23, 2017, 10:11:56 am »
It is entirely possible that the seats haven't yet been installed.

Yada

« Reply #244 on: June 23, 2017, 10:13:47 am »

true, but I'm pretty darn sure they have a blueprint of what the inside will look like.

fatskippy

« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2017, 10:17:55 am »

They're selling reserved seats with section and seat numbers.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2017, 10:20:20 am »
You get the best seats in the house, with no obstructions and excellent sound.  Everybody else has to stand.  What more do you want? 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #247 on: June 23, 2017, 10:21:28 am »
Do you need to be on the right side within 50 feet of the bar, 25 feet of the restroom and spitting distance to the elevator?  If so, I'd hold off on buying any tickets.

fatskippy

« Reply #248 on: June 23, 2017, 10:24:20 am »
You get the best seats in the house, with no obstructions and excellent sound.  Everybody else has to stand.  What more do you want?

To know where the seats I just paid a premium for are located. I don't think this is a weird ask.

« Reply #249 on: June 23, 2017, 10:31:55 am »

To know where the seats I just paid a premium for are located. I don't think this is a weird ask.
it's not, but it's a slow news day
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #250 on: June 23, 2017, 10:45:08 am »

Here is the view from your seats:

(View From Your Seats (tm) is an approximation of your experience.  Your actual view may differ from what is shown here.)

DotTheEyes

« Reply #251 on: June 23, 2017, 12:13:29 pm »
The first night of LCD Soundsystem sold out impressively fast.  Lorde hasn't yet.

Were they THIS red hot when, say, touring Sound of Silver?  Or were they buoyed by the hyped Madison Square Garden farewell and the ticketing frenzy it inspired?

herman otto

« Reply #252 on: June 23, 2017, 12:44:12 pm »
everybody, wants to be cool.  lcd, is cool.  that guy from nirvana, is cool.  lorde, is not cool.  the, end.

saintangelsin

« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2017, 01:59:14 pm »
The first night of LCD Soundsystem sold out impressively fast.  Lorde hasn't yet.

Were they THIS red hot when, say, touring Sound of Silver?  Or were they buoyed by the hyped Madison Square Garden farewell and the ticketing frenzy it inspired?

You said first night of LCD...so is there a second night in DC I'm unaware of? I couldn't afford tickets due to missing work from being sick. It would be awesome if they're doing a second night in DC. 

And to answer your question...when they played the club in spring 2007 it was a sold out show. The next time they played in the area was Day 1 of Virgin Fest in the early afternoon. I'd say they were hot, but not sure if it was the same hype we witnessed with the fairwell gigs six years ago at MSG.

I'm a bit surprised Lorde hasn't sold out yet. Then again, $100 a ticket and the show isn't until April of next year. Lots of crap can happen between now and then. It doesn't help that her album has only been out for a week. (It's a pretty great one actually. Whenever my sister and I are driving places, we got it up on full blast.)

If these tickets didn't go on sale until November, I would be biting as a crazy Christmas gift for my sister. Or if the show was way sooner like January, we'd be making plans. But right now, who can think of April 2018??? I know I can't.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 02:02:21 pm by saintangelsin »

DotTheEyes

« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2017, 05:36:01 pm »
Yes, they are playing the 18th, too.  Tickets are not on sale yet as far as I can tell.

Also noticed this on Ticketfly: