Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258487 times)

StoneTheCrow

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #675 on: October 11, 2017, 12:57:03 pm »
That explains it. Thanks.

Space Freely

« Reply #676 on: October 11, 2017, 01:17:29 pm »
The club is beautiful, there are great sight lines from just about everywhere, it feels like the 9:30 Club but is of course mammoth, and the staph is fantastic.  I'm thrilled.  I realize a soft opening is *specifically* to find out about and work out the bugs, so, the handsoap dispensers did not work at all.  And the food window was pretty chaotic.  And, no cell service to speak of. 

But I am grateful of the many I.M.P. venues that I love, in this city that I love!

Foo tomorrow will be a shit show, but I'm sure I've experienced worse.

You had anal with Relaxer?

gavroche

« Reply #677 on: October 11, 2017, 01:24:48 pm »
I'm debating how early to get in line for Foo Fighters.
I'm getting kind of antsy about getting an email with instructions, times, etc.  I work, and just got Trumped at work, so things are chaotic and I need to plan!

Email went out.  Doors at 7:00 tonight.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:17:57 pm by gavroche »

blipvurt

« Reply #678 on: October 11, 2017, 01:31:13 pm »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #679 on: October 11, 2017, 01:36:12 pm »
The club is beautiful, there are great sight lines from just about everywhere, it feels like the 9:30 Club but is of course mammoth, and the staph is fantastic.  I'm thrilled.  I realize a soft opening is *specifically* to find out about and work out the bugs, so, the handsoap dispensers did not work at all.  And the food window was pretty chaotic.  And, no cell service to speak of. 

But I am grateful of the many I.M.P. venues that I love, in this city that I love!

Foo tomorrow will be a shit show, but I'm sure I've experienced worse.

You had anal with Relaxer?
There's a follow-up "pork that midget" joke to be made but it would be crass.
LVMH

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #680 on: October 11, 2017, 03:35:35 pm »
Anyone have a recommendation of a place to watch the Nats game that is close to the venue? Want to get a bit of viewing in before doors open.

Yada

« Reply #681 on: October 11, 2017, 03:44:13 pm »
Anyone have a recommendation of a place to watch the Nats game that is close to the venue? Want to get a bit of viewing in before doors open.

Unfortunately no... I'd recommend hanging at Navy Yard or Barrack's Row and taking a five minute uber over. Pro Tip, put the address of 800 9th street SW as the pick up/drop off location.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #682 on: October 11, 2017, 04:04:23 pm »
If you mean today, likely nothing.  Tomorrow is the "grand opening" of the Wharf, but its hard to say what will actually be open...

Yada

« Reply #683 on: October 11, 2017, 04:05:41 pm »
If you mean today, likely nothing.  Tomorrow is the "grand opening" of the Wharf, but its hard to say what will actually be open...

and as far as I can tell, those are primarily higher end restaurants and shake shack... not many places to catch a game.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #684 on: October 11, 2017, 04:16:03 pm »

Unfortunately no... I'd recommend hanging at Navy Yard or Barrack's Row and taking a five minute uber over. Pro Tip, put the address of 800 9th street SW as the pick up/drop off location.

That sounds like the move. Thanks! Really appreciate the uber tip as well. Was wondering how I'd go about it post show.

shemptiness

« Reply #685 on: October 11, 2017, 05:01:49 pm »

I was cleaning out my wallet and found a bar receipt ($$$) from Sunday night and it lists the address as 990 Maine Ave.

Yada

« Reply #686 on: October 11, 2017, 05:03:09 pm »

I was cleaning out my wallet and found a bar receipt ($$$) from Sunday night and it lists the address as 990 Maine Ave.

Yes, you can use any of the Maine Ave addresses but the issue was that address not being valid yet (at least according to Uber driver) and 800 9th street is building a block away that's been there forever.

hemisphire

« Reply #687 on: October 11, 2017, 05:38:22 pm »
Many Of The Wharf's Buzziest Restaurants Aren't Ready For The Grand Opening: http://dcist.com/2017/10/wharf.php

« Reply #688 on: October 11, 2017, 08:45:20 pm »
I haven't seen any boardies
 but they did have bottls of soft soap in the bathrooms
Ready for the Foos
slack

lily1

« Reply #689 on: October 11, 2017, 10:46:33 pm »
tickets came in the mail tonight! guess i haven't been totally blacklisted.

so there is an opener, the struts, tomorrow? kinda hoped it'd just be 3 hours of the foo fighters.

any idea of set times. cough cough ha ha.

seriously, i only have to walk 3 blocks from home to get there but i'd like to minimize waiting in line for an hour.

it's going to be commuter hell between the show and the game so add in lots of extra time if taking the metro or driving. green line is going to jam packed and 395/295/14th street bridge will be gridlock.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:52:38 pm by lily1 »