Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 262907 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: The Anthem
« Reply #825 on: October 18, 2017, 03:05:28 pm »
It's my potentially wrong understanding that only a few of the wharf restaurants are actually open at this point. Can anyone confirm?

I know some temporarily opened last week and will reopen Monday. My wife and I are coming down for Queens on Friday and would like to eat before the show (sorry, Seth. We did eat at the soft opening, tho).

depending on your mode of transport to get there, may I suggest dining at the Navy Yard or Barrack's Row and Ubering over.

The Heads Up email does encourage people to walk through the Food Court at L'Enfant.  Just sayin'

Yada

« Reply #826 on: October 18, 2017, 03:08:13 pm »
It's my potentially wrong understanding that only a few of the wharf restaurants are actually open at this point. Can anyone confirm?

I know some temporarily opened last week and will reopen Monday. My wife and I are coming down for Queens on Friday and would like to eat before the show (sorry, Seth. We did eat at the soft opening, tho).

depending on your mode of transport to get there, may I suggest dining at the Navy Yard or Barrack's Row and Ubering over.

The Heads Up email does encourage people to walk through the Food Court at L'Enfant.  Just sayin'

mmmm... charley's philly steaks.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #827 on: October 18, 2017, 03:37:49 pm »
What were the set times for LCD last night?

One long set.  LCD went on at 9:10.

Thanks -- no opener?

There was a DJ from 8:00 to 9:00.  No other opener.

Doors at 6:30, first set at 9:10 -- that's rough.
(o|o)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #828 on: October 18, 2017, 03:51:33 pm »
I parked on the 600 block of Virginia Ave and one side is free after 630 pm...10 minute walk too.

I parked at the Federal Center Plaza - about a 10 minute walk to The Anthem, not bad at all and only $8 - no traffic to deal with.
(_|_)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #829 on: October 18, 2017, 04:51:31 pm »
ANOTHER THING

Seth, stop selling bottled beer, or at least stop allowing patrons to take bottle beer into the venue. There were people dancing in the same area as beer bottles being kicked around. Now not every show at the Anthem is going to be as dancy as LCD but it's still dangerous to be having bottles rolling around on the GA floor.

Simply pour them into plastic cups if you insist on selling bottled beer.

hutch

« Reply #830 on: October 18, 2017, 05:25:36 pm »
So you want LONGER beer lines? not passing judgment on selling bottles...just saying think of the tradeoffs...I agree on wrist bands but putting on 6000 wrist bands will slow things...

So many of the comments and suggestions are spot on though...keep 'em comin'..

medeski7

« Reply #831 on: October 18, 2017, 05:26:11 pm »
ANOTHER THING

Seth, stop selling bottled beer, or at least stop allowing patrons to take bottle beer into the venue. There were people dancing in the same area as beer bottles being kicked around. Now not every show at the Anthem is going to be as dancy as LCD but it's still dangerous to be having bottles rolling around on the GA floor.

Simply pour them into plastic cups if you insist on selling bottled beer.

100% in disagreement here.  Plastic cups lead to spills.  Bottles have been used at 9:30 for forever without issue.  I loved that I could get bottled beer last night.  The number of bottles left after the show was pretty small considering the size of the crowd.  People are generally pretty thoughtful with this.

mdphunk

« Reply #832 on: October 19, 2017, 10:29:45 am »
I agree on wrist bands but putting on 6000 wrist bands will slow things...

I would think that someone who is putting wristbands on fans over and over for a few hours could do it much faster than a fan who gets handed a wristband and has to put it on themselves. At least, that was my experience the other night.

100% in disagreement here.  Plastic cups lead to spills.  Bottles have been used at 9:30 for forever without issue.  I loved that I could get bottled beer last night.  The number of bottles left after the show was pretty small considering the size of the crowd.  People are generally pretty thoughtful with this.

I'm with Medeski. I usually go with draft beer and expect that some will wind up on my shirt, but I know a lot of people who only drink bottled beer at the 9:30 Club for fear of having their drink spilled all over them. More recycling cans might be nice so you don't have to go all the way back to the bar to get rid of your bottle.

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #833 on: October 19, 2017, 11:08:03 am »
I love a bottled beer...but I was in the top section last night for LCD and a spun-out dipshit pulled a Begbie and threw his mostly-empty plastic cup of beer over the railing and down onto the floor.

Everyone around was naturally pissed by this, and ushers were alerted and the guy was given the hook.

However, this made me think about how easy it would be for some asshole to throw a bottle over the railing from the second or third levels and really do some damage. 

Anything tossed from the third level could do damage, but a bottle from that height would be really dangerous.

As much as I hate to say it, I just don't think glass bottles are sustainable from a safety standpoint - due to the fucked up idiot factor.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:11:17 am by JohnnyBaconbitz »

hemisphire

« Reply #834 on: October 19, 2017, 11:16:02 am »

While waiting in line for Foo, I got a lobster roll from Red Hook and my buddy got a burger from Shake Shack. Crazy long lines everywhere that night.

Space Freely

« Reply #835 on: October 19, 2017, 12:28:54 pm »
A drunk dude once smashed his bottle over my forehead at a 9:30 Cracker/Camper show, requiring multiple stitches after five or six hours of being ignored at Howard Hospital.

Count me in favor of plastic cups.

bearman🐻

« Reply #836 on: October 19, 2017, 12:41:42 pm »
A drunk dude once smashed his bottle over my forehead at a 9:30 Cracker/Camper show, requiring multiple stitches after five or six hours of being ignored at Howard Hospital.

What did you do or say that prompted THAT?

« Reply #837 on: October 19, 2017, 12:47:40 pm »
can we make a thread of all the things that have happened to James Ford at the club
slack

ggw

« Reply #838 on: October 19, 2017, 12:52:28 pm »

I think that says more about you than about the presence of beer bottles at a show.  Didn't you once get in a fight with a mime in Paris?

Space Freely

« Reply #839 on: October 19, 2017, 12:59:33 pm »

What did you do or say that prompted THAT?

So the victim of a crime has to do or say something to prompt the crime? What kind of progressive are you?

I was standing in the balcony next to my then girlfriend and her friends minding my own business. Drunk dude comes up from behind and kicks me in the back of my knees, causing me to crumple to the ground. I get up and my gf says to the dude, "Hey, dude, what did you do that for?"

Before drunk dude could answer, I put my arm around his shoulder and (trying to diffuse the bizarre situation) jokingly said, "Oh don't worry, we're old pals, he's just joking around."

Before I had barely finished my sentence, the bottle was smashing across my head.

My gf's friends went and got staph and they gave chase, but the drunk dude was out the door and down the street before they could get him.

I do recall waiting outside for an ambulance and among others ThatGuy offered comforting words. The only meaningful interaction I ever had with him, he just seemed to know what to say.