Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258293 times)

hutch

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #855 on: October 19, 2017, 02:08:18 pm »
So you want LONGER beer lines? not passing judgment on selling bottles...just saying think of the tradeoffs..

You're kidding, right? It takes 5 seconds to pour a bottled beer into a plastic cup.

I dunno if u r trying to be dense...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #856 on: October 19, 2017, 02:11:48 pm »
Listen to the fun police trying to ban bottles.

I once saw a trashcan full of empty cups bottles etc thrown over the balcony onto a packed  floor at the club.  Point being, if people gonna get crazy they gonna get crazy.

there is a difference between making a person search out one of three garbage cans on the floor and having them haul it to the railing (easier to spot by staph); and arming everybody full-time with their own hand grenade.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #857 on: October 19, 2017, 02:12:00 pm »
what does TAN mean again?

hutch

« Reply #858 on: October 19, 2017, 02:16:24 pm »
Fyi i am fine with cups..just sayin the tradeoff is longer beer lines...there are already 7 bars at venue plus a popup bar or two so i dont see more bars as possible..if you expect your bottled beer poured it will make things slower..

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #859 on: October 19, 2017, 02:22:11 pm »

I once saw a trashcan full of empty cups bottles etc thrown over the balcony onto a packed  floor at the club.  Point being, if people gonna get crazy they gonna get crazy.

You sound like a gun rights advocate, Mr. North Carolina.  ;)

A less intelligent person might think so.  Your statement might hold water were I advocating for permission to possess a billy-club (an item intended for the smashing of heads) within Anthem.  Bottles can ALSO be used for smashing heads but still too serve a higher and more honorable purpose - the benefits of which far outweigh the inherent risks in my opinion. 

I say this as a person who has, like you, also been on the receiving end of such unfortunate transactions (alas I probably deserved it - I've given once as well, but unlike you the person absolutely did deserve it)

;D

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #860 on: October 19, 2017, 02:25:08 pm »

there is a difference between making a person search out one of three garbage cans on the floor and having them haul it to the railing (easier to spot by staph); and arming everybody full-time with their own hand grenade.

My example was intended to be absurd. 

But seriously, I didn't realize glass bottles at concert venues were such a concern for the people on this board!

Space Freely

« Reply #861 on: October 19, 2017, 02:31:12 pm »
I've never understood the need to drink at a concert anyway, especially at venues that provide free water.

hutch

« Reply #862 on: October 19, 2017, 02:33:29 pm »
People gettin old in a hurry round here..

Yada

« Reply #863 on: October 19, 2017, 02:37:53 pm »
I've never understood the need to drink at a concert anyway, especially at venues that provide free water.

LOLOLOL

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #864 on: October 19, 2017, 02:50:09 pm »
what does TAN mean again?
Tangent(al).
LVMH

« Reply #865 on: October 19, 2017, 02:50:25 pm »

LOLOLOL
We've reached maximum James Ford.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #866 on: October 19, 2017, 02:51:30 pm »
I've never understood the need to go to a concert when one can just listen to music at home.

« Reply #867 on: October 19, 2017, 02:57:06 pm »
I never understood the purposes of spending one's time and money on formal music when sounds exist in nature for free.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #868 on: October 19, 2017, 03:04:31 pm »
I've never understood the need to go to a concert when one can just listen to music at home.

My wife uses this exact line word for word when I tell her I want to go to spend money and go to concert XYZ.

Then she thinks about it more carefully and realizes that it's a good way to get me out of her house for a few hours and changes her tune.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #869 on: October 20, 2017, 10:34:57 am »
I dunno if u r trying to be dense...

Speak for yourself