Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258343 times)

bearman🐻

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #900 on: October 22, 2017, 09:41:13 am »
Bear were they wanding everyone at those venues?  That is by far the part that takes longest but in todays world I am glad it is being done...

Pat down at both Bill Graham and Aragon. Can't remember at Radio City, it's been a while.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #901 on: October 22, 2017, 09:57:04 am »
It just takes time to get 6000 people in

Although if you had the same person doing those 3 tasks it would take longer

I've never had that issue at the Aragon or the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium or Radio City Music Hall, all of which are roughly the size of the Anthem. I'd think it would make sense to get people in faster so that they'd be buying beer inside, not spending 30 minutes outside. And in the summertime or dead of winter, that's going to suck donkeys.

What time did you get there

hutch

« Reply #902 on: October 22, 2017, 10:23:27 am »
Last night's Zedd show really spotlighted the Anthems sound, lasers,  video screens,"canon"y shoot up things...it was pretty intense

I really hope to see Underworld there one day...Daft Punk is probably too big?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #903 on: October 22, 2017, 10:48:59 am »

I've never had that issue at the Aragon or the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium or Radio City Music Hall, all of which are roughly the size of the Anthem. I'd think it would make sense to get people in faster so that they'd be buying beer inside, not spending 30 minutes outside. And in the summertime or dead of winter, that's going to suck donkeys.
I've never been to either of those venues. Do they have multiple entrances?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:16:17 am by excontradiction »

bearman🐻

« Reply #904 on: October 22, 2017, 11:11:06 am »

What time did you get there

8:20

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #905 on: October 22, 2017, 06:17:16 pm »
Need to get there earlier

Jams up right about then

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #906 on: October 22, 2017, 06:20:51 pm »

Jams up right about then

Damn, seth. I love you to death.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #907 on: October 22, 2017, 09:46:42 pm »

Jams up right about then

Damn, seth. I love you to death.
False prophets. I warned you all.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #908 on: October 22, 2017, 10:20:58 pm »
All hail Walrus King!

bearman🐻

« Reply #909 on: October 23, 2017, 12:22:49 am »

Jams up right about then

Hire me. That way I won’t have the complication of a pesky job to interfere with my one true passion, which is concerts.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #910 on: October 23, 2017, 08:10:36 am »
All hail Walrus King!
He's getting cranky as he transitions. Must be frustration over combing his vibrissae.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #911 on: October 23, 2017, 09:18:01 am »
Imagine how bad the lines would be if set times were posted in advance.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #912 on: October 23, 2017, 09:56:46 am »

Jams up right about then

Why is it taking so long to process the lines?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #913 on: October 23, 2017, 10:07:42 am »
The Anthem is such an amazing venue. Felt like rock and roll church. Getting in was a huge pain and I missed almost all of Royal Bloods set.

I love Queens and love that they switch their setlists up every night, I was excited to see 'I Never Came' performed live and it was a fun thing to come out and do for an Encore. I loved seeing 'Villains Of Circumstance' but thought it felt flat live and once they jumped into 'Little Sister' the crowd livened up again. I'm still bummed I haven't seen them play any songs from their first album in forever [although I know they do on other nights]. The sound was in and out, couldn't tell if I was just dancing a lot, but Royal Blood sounded a lot cleaner.

Thought their Riot Fest set was better, but they had a short set time in comparison [an hour and 15 minutes]. I'll also never be mad at seeing QOTSA tear through a 2 hour set.

Can't wait to check out The Anthem again and walk around the venue!
‼‼?‼‼

mdphunk

« Reply #914 on: October 24, 2017, 12:26:38 pm »
A few thoughts/feedback after my third show last night, The War On Drugs:

- My first non-sold-out show so there was a lot of space available. I thought the LCD and Foo Fighters shows got nice and roomy on the floor after the first 20 minutes or so, but by halfway through TWoD you could nearly walk up pretty close to the rail with no issues. I imagine at shows not populated by a bunch of bearded rock nerds folks might push up closer to the stage and leave empty space at the back of the floor, but last night everyone spread out and had a lot of space to groove. Also, why do so many people in DC leave shows early?

- Entry process was different and way more efficient. I don't know if this is a permanent change or just something reserved for smaller shows, but I thought it was a big improvement.

- Bar lines were shorter because of a smaller crowd, but the bartenders were working hard and fast to get everyone served quickly. A lot of improvement in this area as well.

- It seemed like you could get your bottled/can beer on its own or in a cup, so there doesn't seem to be a universal policy around that yet.

- Sound quality continues to blow me away. Even with more empty reflective space around the room, the bass and drums were incredibly tight. At one point my crew was talking about how it felt like the kick drum was coming from inside our chests.

- The stage was pulled forward last night as far as I could tell. I don't know if this is the furthest it could go, but it was definitely a good 10-15' closer.

Overall, continuously impressed by the venue and ongoing work to solve the few issues from the first shows. Bring on Phil Lesh!