Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258211 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: The Anthem
« Reply #975 on: December 01, 2017, 03:48:19 pm »
I went inside at around 7:15 for St. Vincent.  No line at all, no hassle.  It wasn't sold out, but by show time, the place was packed.

My only complaint was that the guy who put on my wristband totally muffed the job, putting it on too tightly, and sticking it to my skin.

K8teebug

« Reply #976 on: December 01, 2017, 03:50:06 pm »
Guessing people already stated this, but something has to be done about the entry process. I don't understand why there aren't walk-through metal detectors. Wanding everyone takes forever. And the people who are funneling people in are really not nice. Last night, I said there were three people in my party, he sent two of us through and then berated me for a good 2 minutes because of his mistake when I tried to reach back to get my husband too (who was right next to us).

Why a line, and then a holding pen for another line, and then another line.

I was there for LCD and it was not as bad as it was last night.

Also, holy clusterfuck in the garage. Much easier to park a few blocks up the road. Let's all hope there isn't an emergency because so many exits are blocked by construction gates.

Let me modify and say "person" not "people". MOST everyone was super nice :)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #977 on: December 01, 2017, 04:10:32 pm »
So is this a thing?

I noticed that some shows that were previously sold out tend to have tickets available the week of the show.  I know that at some venues, a *few* tickets are released  the day or two before the show, but this seems like a larger scale.  If Seth holds back 200-300 tickets, then releases them a week before the show, the resale value drops to face.  Is this a new way of combating scalpers? 

hutch

« Reply #978 on: December 01, 2017, 04:21:08 pm »
Listen peeps all feedback is welcome..the goal is to make anthem just as great as the 930...

Yada

« Reply #979 on: December 01, 2017, 04:22:53 pm »
So is this a thing?

I noticed that some shows that were previously sold out tend to have tickets available the week of the show.  I know that at some venues, a *few* tickets are released  the day or two before the show, but this seems like a larger scale.  If Seth holds back 200-300 tickets, then releases them a week before the show, the resale value drops to face.  Is this a new way of combating scalpers?

That's been a thing for years, son.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #980 on: December 01, 2017, 04:47:51 pm »
Guessing people already stated this, but something has to be done about the entry process. I don't understand why there aren't walk-through metal detectors. Wanding everyone takes forever. And the people who are funneling people in are really not nice. Last night, I said there were three people in my party, he sent two of us through and then berated me for a good 2 minutes because of his mistake when I tried to reach back to get my husband too (who was right next to us).

Why a line, and then a holding pen for another line, and then another line.

I was there for LCD and it was not as bad as it was last night.

Also, holy clusterfuck in the garage. Much easier to park a few blocks up the road. Let's all hope there isn't an emergency because so many exits are blocked by construction gates.

May I ask what time you arrived?

K8teebug

« Reply #981 on: December 01, 2017, 05:32:40 pm »
Sure. We were in line at 7:40.

K8teebug

« Reply #982 on: December 01, 2017, 05:38:03 pm »
I don't remember there being a holding area for the LCD show. We stood in the wristband line, and then just walked up into the line to get i and it wasn't a problem at all.

shemptiness

« Reply #983 on: December 01, 2017, 05:49:21 pm »
Was very happy to have Super Excellent Seats last night and use the 900 entrance.  Although I can't imagine buying these for every show -
 or being able to for that matter.  The garage afterward - we went back up and hung out by the water a bit to let the cars move out.  Wasn't happy at all about the rude staph guy by the merch table who demanded we leave while drinks (and merch) were still being sold.  Bad ending to an overall great night.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #984 on: December 01, 2017, 08:48:16 pm »
Was very happy to have Super Excellent Seats last night and use the 900 entrance.  Although I can't imagine buying these for every show -
 or being able to for that matter.  The garage afterward - we went back up and hung out by the water a bit to let the cars move out.  Wasn't happy at all about the rude staph guy by the merch table who demanded we leave while drinks (and merch) were still being sold.  Bad ending to an overall great night.

Well that bums me out

I will get into

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #985 on: December 01, 2017, 08:51:09 pm »
I don't remember there being a holding area for the LCD show. We stood in the wristband line, and then just walked up into the line to get i and it wasn't a problem at all.

So the bottom line is this...

At that venue, with our limited number of entries, and today’s safety routines...you just need to get there earlier for an 8:00 show

6000 people just all can’t come at showtime and expect to walk right in

I’m sorry, that’s just the reality of the situation

hemisphire

« Reply #986 on: December 02, 2017, 06:44:06 pm »
The first rule of the gold level is don't talk about the gold level!

That's what we say on the Platinum level, too.

Can we move the NPR birthday party to the Anthem?  I never thought there were quite so many NPR lovers in this town (or that they were so quick on the ticket trigger).

Who is playing that show?

Join NPR Music and public radio stations from across the country for a star-studded concert at Washington D.C.’s famed 9:30 Club. The evening will showcase a top-secret lineup unlike any other, featuring some of the staff’s favorite musicians from the past 10 years. Prepare to be surprised.

Ie, no clue.  That's why I didn't think it would sell out so fast

Still no details on tonight's show?

K8teebug

« Reply #987 on: December 04, 2017, 10:10:29 am »

At that venue, with our limited number of entries, and today’s safety routines...you just need to get there earlier for an 8:00 show

I'm totally fine with waiting to get in. I figured we would be waiting.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #988 on: December 04, 2017, 11:20:50 am »

Perhaps people could better plan their ingress if you posted set times.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #989 on: December 04, 2017, 11:27:05 am »

I'm totally fine with waiting to get in. I figured we would be waiting.

I don't mind waiting either, for 15-20 minutes.  I do hope that when it turns bitterly cold, or on rainy or snowy nights, the staff divert the lines into the ample lobby.  Waiting inside would be much preferred...