Author Topic: March in DC  (Read 11634 times)

ggw

Re: March in DC
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2017, 12:28:09 pm »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2017, 12:29:39 pm »
It's been rebranded as a March for Science (and truth, justice, yada)

hutch

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2017, 12:33:48 pm »
I think the more marches the better.... the worst thing we can do is accept this crap..we need to say no its not ok.. he can ignore it but we still need to stand up and be counted.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2017, 12:35:03 pm »
I wasn't referring to icp fans as uneducated because I described what goes on at their festivals, being smoking weed, drinking beer, fucking, nudity, listening to music, repeat.  that goes on at every festival, not so much to a degree than at a gathering.  if the fbi labeled the dead fans a cult, and the band marched on Washington with as many deadheads as possible, then you better fucking believe people would be tripping balls in every museum, smoking pot in any place possible, drum circles everywhere, the worst lot food imaginable on every inch of the mall.  Does that also qualify in me calling them uneducated?

sorry bearman, I know this a fun message board, but I had to make sure you knew that I was trying to prove a point about how no one will care about an ICP march on DC . . . and I only make fun of myself in this world, plus other gay people, because we are allowed to.  

I've listened to ICP and other bands like them that play there.  ok at best, not my style at most.  

bearman🐻

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2017, 12:36:09 pm »
Throwing money at situations isn't going to solve anything. That's why we need campaign finance reform. That's why social unrest is becoming a big deal again. There's strength in numbers.

ggw

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2017, 01:13:58 pm »
That's why we need campaign finance reform.

Sounds great in theory, but the big cases that have deregulated campaign finance (Citizens United and FEC v Mccutcheon) benefited Hillary and the democrats way more than Trump and the Republicans.

bearman🐻

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2017, 03:33:38 pm »
That's why we need campaign finance reform.

Sounds great in theory, but the big cases that have deregulated campaign finance (Citizens United and FEC v Mccutcheon) benefited Hillary and the democrats way more than Trump and the Republicans.

How's it working out for HRC? Oh wait, she lost. So what's your point?

bearman🐻

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2017, 03:38:19 pm »
The reality is that Trump won and spent way less money than HRC did. So we won't see campaign finance reform any time soon. But that doesn't mean that the fundraising and spending is out of control for both sides.

hutch

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2017, 04:24:58 pm »
the reason we won't see reform is the court will almost for sure become very conservative for the next few decades.. for the rest of our lifetime..

man i'm depressed.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2017, 04:40:55 pm »
#ITMFA

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2017, 04:54:31 pm »
#ITMFA
I Teach Master of Fine Arts?

Is N+1 or Paris Review sponsoring this march?
LVMH

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2017, 05:27:16 pm »
#ITMFA
www.impeachthemotherfuckeralready.com/
Dan savage takes the credit for it's creation

although, not sure I want Pence....
slack

hutch

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2017, 05:45:01 pm »
I'll take Pence over this guy any day...

walkie,talkie

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2017, 08:56:04 pm »
pence is the puppet master.  don't ever, let the puppet master have complete control.

hutch

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2017, 09:31:51 pm »
pence is the puppet master.  don't ever, let the puppet master have complete control.

Why does everyone insist there is a "puppet master"... Sorry...Trump isn't dumb and Pence and Bannon work for him..