Author Topic: Set Times  (Read 20744 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Set Times
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2017, 11:15:03 am »

Yada

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2017, 11:19:01 am »

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2017, 11:26:39 am »
I think the thread has finally reached its conclusion.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2017, 11:34:01 am »
You are ignoring this user.

POTW POTY
I agree. Every time I am saved from seeing a Hutch comment, it feels amazing. Best board related thing to happen in 2017.
LVMH

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2017, 01:18:55 pm »
It seems to me that boardies are pretty in tune with how we work and can figure out how to get there when they need to...so I don't see where the set time issue really messes them up... how off could they be...15 minutes?

All businesses do things to make money...there is nothing wrong with that...what makes a great business is when it makes money by offering a great product and service that the customer feels great about

We make money by selling drinks...if we didn't, then ticket prices would be higher

Just like movie theaters don't allow outside food and drink in because that's how they make their money

People that drink elsewhere first to save money...how is that any less evil than us trying to make money?

How about this concept...what if everyone drank elsewhere first and ticket prices went up?

Would you like that?

bearman🐻

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2017, 02:39:16 pm »
damn bearman I always thought you were independently wealthy judging by all the shows you go to including out of town

I think there is the feeling of the end of an era and new beginning as Anthem opens but I am not sure why...DC has evolved a lot and IMP is following the changes...some prob had a tough time adjusting to the new 930

Most out of town shows are in Philly and I almost always have a free place to stay there...so it's done on the cheap!

I think we'll see a fairly significant change in terms of bookings with Anthem opening. The one that may hurt some is FSS. As it is, I don't see much at the 9:30 anymore. There isn't as much stuff that catches my eye. So yeah, I'm getting older.

Yada

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2017, 03:15:14 pm »
damn bearman I always thought you were independently wealthy judging by all the shows you go to including out of town

I think there is the feeling of the end of an era and new beginning as Anthem opens but I am not sure why...DC has evolved a lot and IMP is following the changes...some prob had a tough time adjusting to the new 930

Most out of town shows are in Philly and I almost always have a free place to stay there...so it's done on the cheap!

I think we'll see a fairly significant change in terms of bookings with Anthem opening. The one that may hurt some is FSS. As it is, I don't see much at the 9:30 anymore. There isn't as much stuff that catches my eye. So yeah, I'm getting older.

I have no insight into your wealth either, but if you haven't had a raise in 8 years, time to have a sit down with the old boss!

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2017, 03:41:15 pm »
I buy beer at nearly every show I go to and will blame Julian and SpaceFreeley for future ticket increases. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2017, 03:48:26 pm »
I buy beer at nearly every show I go to and will blame Julian and SpaceFreeley for future ticket increases.
Seth is 100% to blame for the failure of his customer service model, not people who call him out on it.
LVMH

bearman🐻

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2017, 06:29:51 pm »
Seth is 100% to blame for the failure of his customer service model, not people who call him out on it.

His last post confirms that he is a straight up businessman. That's why he's successful. Take it or leave it. Not really sure what else there is to say.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2017, 08:12:05 pm »
Yes but I do honestly care about you people and appreciate your support

But there is an ecosystem that makes it all work

BTW that is a fraction of the reason...I just like to respond to those accusing me of capitalism

I proudly admit it!!!

But that's a small part of who I am

lily1

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2017, 06:29:18 am »
looks like pearl street warehouse, which is right around the corner from anthem, is posting set times on their twitter feed.

medeski7

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2017, 10:34:30 am »
My friends and I proudly patronize the bars at The Anthem and the 9:30.  I totally get the need to sell food and drinks to have a profit margin.  And the drinks are good!

The set times thing is still an issue.  LCD was shown as a 8:00 start time.  Some people in my group cancelled going because they knew they wouldn't make it.  Then it turns out that a DJ was spinning for two hours and LCD went on after 9:00.  Those friends that cancelled sure would have loved to know that so they could come. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 12:16:48 pm by medeski7 »

Space Freely

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2017, 10:53:08 am »
I and my friends proudly patronize the bars at The Anthem and the 9:30.  I totally get the need to sell food and drinks to have a profit margin.  And the drinks are good!

The set times thing is still an issue.  LCD was shown as a 8:00 start time.  Some people in my group cancelled going because they knew they wouldn't make it.  Then it turns out that a DJ was spinning for two hours and LCD went on after 9:00.  Those friends that cancelled sure would have loved to know that so they could come.

My friends and I

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2017, 11:38:36 am »
I and my friends proudly patronize the bars at The Anthem and the 9:30.  I totally get the need to sell food and drinks to have a profit margin.  And the drinks are good!

My friends and I
woof
‼‼?‼‼