Author Topic: the weed, thread  (Read 77566 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: the weed, thread
« Reply #376 on: July 15, 2022, 08:17:50 am »
Arlington finally gets a dispensary

https://www.arlnow.com/2022/07/14/new-arlingtons-first-medical-cannabis-dispensary-is-opening-in-clarendon/
Who's really the target consumer of this when TAKOMA WELLNESS, DC's best family-owned and operated dispensary, is just across the river a short, short 45 minute drive away? Tell them Julian sent you!
LVMH

« Reply #377 on: July 22, 2022, 04:42:35 pm »
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3569126-senate-democrats-roll-out-long-awaited-bill-to-legalize-marijuana/
come on baby, lets get this passed
I would think the voters would love this
slack

« Reply #379 on: July 22, 2022, 05:13:08 pm »
slack

GAY,GUY

« Reply #380 on: September 09, 2022, 08:40:11 am »
Go, Joe, Go!  Do it, before the midterms!

The Dark Brandon, Rises

« Reply #381 on: September 09, 2022, 08:42:40 am »
I couldn’t agree more.  Does anyone know if he can change Mary Jane from being schedule 1 drug with an executive order?
slack

« Reply #382 on: September 09, 2022, 09:34:36 am »
I couldn’t agree more.  Does anyone know if he can change Mary Jane from being schedule 1 drug with an executive order?
No. He can order agencies to CONSIDER making it not a schedule 1 or order them to change enforcement, but he cannot delist marijuana as a schedule 1 drug unilaterally by executive order.
LVMH

« Reply #383 on: September 09, 2022, 09:54:05 am »
here comes Debbie Drug Law Downer
slack

« Reply #384 on: September 09, 2022, 09:57:57 am »
You're literally the person who asked the question, bro.
LVMH

« Reply #385 on: September 09, 2022, 11:24:23 am »
slack

« Reply #386 on: September 09, 2022, 11:36:29 am »
You're literally the person who asked the question, bro.
I WANTED YOU TO LIE TO ME!
"Joe Biden can add 14 new liberal Supreme Court justices, cancel all student debt, make Roe v Wade the law of the land, and decriminalize all drugs, all by fiat. The fact that he doesn't makes him literally worse than Trump. Why do we even vote for Democrats?" - Progressive Twitter
LVMH

« Reply #387 on: September 09, 2022, 11:43:24 am »
Bravo, take a bow....that was exquisite
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #388 on: September 09, 2022, 05:02:29 pm »
No. He can order agencies to (...) change enforcement

that is his main play: tell the DEA and DOJ to stop pursuing small-scale MJ possession.  two problems:
1. the prez has almost no sway over state and local police.  most small-timers and back-alley joint smokers aren't busted by the DEA. 
2. while some 65% of this country would support de-enforcement/decriminalization/etc., the remaining 35% are likely to make a political mountain of it, and would likely be willing to die on that hill.  IMO it's like abortion: those in favor just expect it, while those opposed are militant.  the right would have an absolute field day labelling Joe the "dealer in chief", "the president that brought crack to every neighborhood", etc.

in a nutshell, it would be lighting a fuse under a red state/blue state issue that currently isn't an issue.  given how many issues Joe has to deal with currently, i doubt he needs a new headache.
<sig>

« Reply #389 on: September 09, 2022, 05:07:18 pm »
but there is honestly big support in red states...maybe not the political leaders, but the voters for sure
I agree there will be a lot of backlash and easy political points will be won with ads like
 'joe's soft on crime, do you want some whacked out Phish fan raping your daughter because he smoked some of Joe's Dank SkunkAF"

but you are 100% right...Joe has Zero control over the police (somewhat by design)
but taking it off schedule 1 would be HUGE and change sentencing dramatically
this could easily reinstate the voting rights of close to a million felons too if done correctly

(can you believe there are 19 milion felons in the US.  the term is somewhat BS though as it doesn't relate to the crime severity as one thinks it does)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 05:10:44 pm by Special-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack