Author Topic: the weed, thread  (Read 79202 times)

Bagley

Re: the weed, thread
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2019, 05:19:03 pm »
Illinois becomes 11th state legalize recreational marijuana
and

Legalization in Illinois also means that nearly 800,000 people with criminal records for purchasing or possessing 30 grams of marijuana or less may have those records expunged
slack

« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2019, 10:20:21 am »
Every Lobster Must Get Stoned

slack

hutch

« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2019, 09:07:52 pm »
I think this should be cross posted in the onion thread

« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2019, 12:15:04 pm »
Legal marijuana looks to be boosting snack sales
can we file this under 'duh'
slack

« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2019, 04:57:36 pm »
The CDC announced Friday that THC vape products have been linked to a majority of patients with vaping-related lung injuries, citing to data from 1 local and 1 national study.

finally a little more info on this after 12 have died...but The CDC and health officials still cannot identify a definite product or source
umm that's not giving me a lot of confidence they know what is going on...

I'm in favor of major regulation on product safety.  the black market is as big as it's ever been with all this legalization which we assumed was going to shrink it.  and there is little to no regard to safety in the black market
slack

vansmack

« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2019, 05:10:24 pm »
It's almost certainly Vitamin E (and other oils) added to black market vaping products, purchased mostly off the street (and at least one in a cannabis shop).

2 weeks ago they identified 5 of the 6 deaths as black market, the last one an Oregon dispensary.  I doubt the next 6 have changed the pattern much.
27>34

« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2019, 05:33:52 pm »
well, so I hear ya
but there have been millions of these sold on the black market in the past few years
why did it just start a few months ago?  What changed?
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2019, 05:38:16 pm »
vitamin E has been found in many, but not all, of the vapes used by those affected with this condition.  cyanide via pesticides is another form of nastiness that has been detected.  turning anything into an aerosol and inhaling it is a bad idea, so while a few ingredients like vitamin E or pesticides are really bad, there is nothing that is "good"...

i have a marijuana vaping thingy (i'm in WA, everyone has one) and i wasn't a huge fan even before this lung disease thing hit the news.  on the plus side it's really fast/convenient and it doesn't stink up your breath like a joint - useful in many social settings.  on the downside, it doesn't taste nearly as nice as a J and the effect is different... i call it the "THC sledgehammer".  it's not unlike the difference between craft beer/wine vs. doing shots of vodka - both will get you to the same destination but i know which ride i prefer.  my device has been shelved since the news broke, and i doubt i'll ever pick it up again.

but there have been millions of these sold on the black market in the past few years
why did it just start a few months ago?  What changed?

scale and awareness.
<sig>

« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2019, 09:16:30 pm »
I still a little surprised they have not found a smoking gun now we are at 20 deaths and illness in almost every state

I don't think I've heard of any international incidents?

And I want to restate, these things have been in wide spread use for at least 4 or 5 years
I'm talking in the millions of users
So it's strange how this summer an epidemic spreads across the country like this
and pretty much banning it everywhere (while that many people die daily from guns)

US health officials are still uncertain what exactly is causing the new disease, but have urged Americans to stay away from THC and marijuana vapes

Recent research has suggest that it may be 'toxic fumes' in the e-liquid juices that sickening people, rather than a result of oils in them getting into the lungs, as previously believed.

'I wish we had more answers about the specific products causing these illnesses,' said Dr Schuchat. 

Personally, never really vape
joints or sick edibles
slack

« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2019, 03:34:59 pm »
body count at 34 now
The CDC maintains no single e-cigarette product or compound has been linked to the pulmonary illnesses and there is no evidence that an infectious disease is the culprit.

they keep saying "It is possible that some of these cases were already occurring and we were not picking them up"
but you'd think by mid October they would have already dug deep into the data to see if they were missing things

Still, more people die from improperly filled prescriptions daily and the crazy BS that is allowed to go on with Compounding Pharmacy
(if you didn't see John Oliver's story on that...https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2019/09/john-oliver-breaks-down-compounding-pharmacies-on.html scary stuff)
slack

nkotb

« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2019, 04:34:33 pm »
Couple of threads this would fit under, but this seemed most appropriate:

Bernie Sanders released a plan to legalize marijuana (at 4:20 pm)

« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2019, 12:35:38 pm »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2019, 07:36:12 pm »
Deaths linked to vaping often involved THC products, not nicotine, CDC says

summary: THC seems to be a bigger culprit than nicotine (or at least the ingredients in THC vapes), typical patient is a white male, older patients had a higher mortality rate vs. younger patients who tend to get sick only (but in much, much higher numbers).
<sig>

« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2019, 08:10:44 pm »
I hear you, but not conclusively only aftermarket THC vape (now I'm not going to argue there are some shady individuals in this product creation)
16% said they'd only vaped nicotine-containing products.
that's a pretty high percentage

Dr. Anne Schuchat, CDC's principal deputy director, told reporters Friday. "But I'd like to stress that we don't know what the risky material or substance is. THC may be a marker for a way that cartridges were prepared or way that the devices are producing harm."

again the sudden appearance of this and that they really don't have a clue
10's of MILLIONS use vape products and have for years

I'm going to say it because no one else has the balls to....IT IS CHEMTRAILS
jaguar was right

count is at 36 deaths accoring to that article!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 08:14:25 pm by biggest leaker on the board ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack