Author Topic: the weed, thread  (Read 79224 times)

Starsky

Re: the weed, thread
« Reply #330 on: November 17, 2021, 10:41:55 am »
Ladies and gentlemen our resident David Crosby

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #331 on: November 17, 2021, 03:30:40 pm »
Why anyone wouldn't just get the pre-made cones to roll joints is beyond me...

why would you bake a cake from scratch instead of using a something from box?  why brew your own beer instead of buying a six-pack?  control. what if you want something bigger/smaller/etc than the shape of the cone?  those cones seem like a PITA to pack... how much control do you have over density/tightness?

Also, didn't realize I was doing it wrong the whole time, I always added the 'filter' when rolling the joint...seems so much easier to add it at the end

as a youngin that's what we did. putting it in at the end has 2 drawbacks:
1) the filter can be made too small, so it sits really loose in the joint.  you take a puff, and it falls out or sticks to your lips.  you're then left trying to stuff it back in to a burning joint.
2) when stuffing in the filter at the end, you can sometimes catch a fold in the paper, push that fold down, and end up blocking the joint.  this tends to occur when you make the filter too big, so it's barely smaller that the diameter of the joint.  the solution is not to make a big filter, i.e. one that will easily fit in and can unfurl once in place, but then you have the issue of it providing poor filtering and/or drawback #1 (see above).

in both cases, you have an annoying problem to solve just when you were looking forward to relaxing and enjoying a J.  i learned to put the filter in while rolling from some euros and haven't looked back since.  they also taught me about the reverse roll, but that's frankly more effort than i'm willing to put in most days...
<sig>

« Reply #332 on: November 17, 2021, 03:54:19 pm »
will the real David Crosby please stand up

Why anyone wouldn't just get the pre-made cones to roll joints is beyond me...

why would you bake a cake from scratch instead of using a something from box?  why brew your own beer instead of buying a six-pack?  control. what if you want something bigger/smaller/etc than the shape of the cone?  those cones seem like a PITA to pack... how much control do you have over density/tightness?

it comes with a little cardboard packer, so you grind, fill a little, pack a little, repeat until filled
Just twist up and you are done...so easy I think Hutch could even swing it and they are perfect every time
Grinding is critical as that gets the pack even
I'd say I've probably rolled at least 100 joints in my life and none are as good as the ones I do with the cones

I don't think the beer/cake is a good comparison, but now I've got the munchies
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 03:59:48 pm by himpathy-hatch ® ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #334 on: January 29, 2022, 04:42:21 pm »
I haven’t gotten baked in 20 months…. This is probably some record for me

« Reply #335 on: January 29, 2022, 05:05:40 pm »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/virginia-republicans-push-for-changes-in-marijuana-law/ar-AATh1Sv?ocid=BingNewsSearch
Hmm...so are republicans actually doing some good with this, I don't really oppose the proposed changes (although really need more detail on what they mean)  I hope they push up retail!  Some of the tax stuff was a little wonky and I think open for change

Those changes could include moving up the start date for retail sales and getting rid of a provision that would give licensing preference to people who have been convicted of marijuana crimes

I mean, it's kind of a dick thing to do, but of the parts of the bill I like, this was never one. I get the intention, but execution is going to be horrible
Republicans will strip the law of “social equity” provisions designed to help people who have been hurt by old marijuana laws

I haven’t gotten baked in 20 months….
I think toots is looking down from heaven, and he's not happy to hear this
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 05:07:50 pm by slightly different Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #336 on: January 29, 2022, 05:10:54 pm »
https://twitter.com/YouGovAmerica/status/1486510776735182848

58% of Americans would be willing to vote for a candidate they agree with on most issues who occasionally smokes marijuana in their free time
slack

« Reply #337 on: February 03, 2022, 07:41:54 am »
Could get retail in VA this summer
https://www.wric.com/news/virginia-lawmakers-may-speed-up-recreational-marijuana-sales/

Might have to thank a republican

Which is odd as last year every single one of them voted against it
slack

« Reply #338 on: February 03, 2022, 03:47:29 pm »
Mississippi becomes the 37th state to legalize medical marijuana
slack

GAY,GUY

« Reply #339 on: February 03, 2022, 03:49:26 pm »
Well, if this party doesn't keep Virginia . . . 'Panama Red' for years to come, I don't know what will.

I predict Virginia is going to become the "Colorado / California Weed State" of the East Coast.

« Reply #340 on: February 03, 2022, 03:53:17 pm »
I predict Virginia is going to become the "Colorado / California Weed State" of the East Coast.
I'll smoke to that!
land of tobacco farmers, seems like a perfect fit
slack

« Reply #341 on: February 04, 2022, 03:56:16 pm »
Schumer Plans To File Marijuana Legalization Bill In April As Top House Lawmaker Details His Own Reform Plan: "As majority leader, I can set priorities. This is a priority for me."

wonder if he plans to do it on the 20th?
slack

« Reply #342 on: February 05, 2022, 09:37:48 am »
Likely on the Maryland ballot this November
Adult Recreational in the summer 2023 could be a thing
https://wtop.com/maryland/2022/02/md-bill-would-legalize-marijuana-expunge-convictions/
slack

« Reply #343 on: March 09, 2022, 05:32:58 pm »
these fuckin republicans and their desire to fuck with DC never ends

https://www.axios.com/local/washington-dc/2022/03/09/dc-legalized-marijuana-sales-fed-budget

we might get Federal legalization  before DC can get something done that voters approved in 2014
slack

GAY,GUY

« Reply #344 on: March 09, 2022, 09:15:14 pm »
I'm waiting for the new DC Strain . . . Carjacked

Get a medical card.  Problem solved.  Support small places, such as Herbal Alternatives on Rhode Island Ave, NW