Author Topic: the weed, thread  (Read 79086 times)

Space Freely

Re: the weed, thread
« Reply #420 on: November 16, 2022, 05:29:38 pm »
hmm, liking this Congresswoman from NC..even if she is a R

a GOP congresswoman says there’s an urgent need for bipartisan collaboration on the issue of marijuana so lawmakers can reach consensus on a path forward to end federal prohibition.

Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC),

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/gop-congresswoman-discusses-plans-to-advance-winning-marijuana-issue-under-new-house-majority/

although, really not sure why Dems didn't use this
I guess with some of the crime stuff in the news it didn't seem like a winning message

https://twitter.com/RepNancyMace/status/1592929394728742912?s=20&t=m41MRnWThma7yYKf1x2tdQ

South Carolina, not NC.

Her name tings a bell for other reasons, but I can't remember why.

« Reply #421 on: November 16, 2022, 05:30:49 pm »
Dakota, Carolina, Virgina
they all look the same, I can't tell em apart

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/26/curious-case-of-nancy-mace-517159
she tried to primary Lindsay in 2014!

disavowing the former president in the wake of the insurrection

after voting to hold bannon in contempt
“I said I would not blindly follow partisan politics, but rather vote for what is right — not for what is politically expedient — and, most importantly, represent our district,” she added.
“She’s an anomaly,” one senior House Republican said. ”I’m not sure what her political calculation is all the time, but I guess maybe she’s gonna say she’s doing it on principle … I don’t really understand the game she’s playing.”

Imagine that...doing something on principal

also may know her for being the first female recruit to graduate from the Citadel

so far I like what I see...I'm sure she'll do some dastardly GQP stuff, but for right now she's got my support
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 05:41:40 pm by Hatch-2024 ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #422 on: November 21, 2022, 02:58:58 pm »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #423 on: January 17, 2023, 03:44:47 pm »
John Larroquette says he was paid in weed for 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' work
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/17/entertainment/john-larroquette-weed/index.html
<sig>

« Reply #424 on: January 17, 2023, 03:56:54 pm »
Funny you bring up John Larroquette, as I was going to post on her that there is a Night Court reboot and John Larroquette is in it

It's more like Night Court: The Next Generation, if you will.

In this case, the gavel has been passed to Judge Harry Stone’s daughter, Abby. Harry Stone was played to perfection by the late Harry Anderson, who passed away in 2018. Abby Stone is following in her father’s footsteps, but her courtroom features a very memorable person from her father’s days with John Larroquette’s Dan Fielding, formerly an assistant district attorney who frequented Harry’s courtroom.

Harry anderson was great, no way it could be the same without him
slack

Starsky

« Reply #425 on: January 17, 2023, 04:18:33 pm »
Markie Post!!

« Reply #426 on: January 17, 2023, 04:19:49 pm »
Markie Post!!
sadly, she couldn't make this because she died August 7, 2021

Reported by sweets
https://forum.930.com/index.php?topic=11001.msg521697#msg521697
and drooled on by smakie
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 04:21:31 pm by SideShowMob ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #427 on: January 17, 2023, 04:28:12 pm »
Yeah I know….

But I crushed on her hard….

« Reply #428 on: January 17, 2023, 04:35:21 pm »
But I crushed on her hard….
can confirm.  remember you watching Night Court at the holdsworth house with a box of Kleenex near by
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #429 on: January 17, 2023, 09:04:36 pm »
yeah...I don't like where this thread is heading

« Reply #430 on: February 21, 2023, 09:02:03 am »
Grrr the Virginia GOP is pissing me off
https://www.wric.com/news/politics/capitol-connection/gop-plan-defunds-state-agency-on-marijuana-without-staff-input/

Pretty much using the tactics that they used in DC to stop retail

Jules what’s the word on the street on this year’s pot laws?
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #431 on: February 21, 2023, 09:39:38 am »
Jules what’s the word on the street on this year’s pot laws?
All the bills to legalize retail died in the HoD. I'd say go out in vote in November and flip that, but Youngkin has indicated he's very unlikely to sign anything that's sent to him anyway.

Dems screwed the pooch on this going with this insane "let's legalize and codify the framework for retail and oversight, but lets require a wildly unnecessary second vote on this a year later after elections potentially take one of the three parts of government that gets to weigh in away from us" boondoggle.
LVMH

« Reply #432 on: February 21, 2023, 10:38:17 am »
but lets require a wildly unnecessary second vote on this a year later after elections potentially take one of the three parts of government that gets to weigh in away from us" boondoggle.
I  know...WTF
I guess it was an olive branch, but it didn't get a single GOP vote, so was stupid to do it that way

thing is VA GOP Voters support this (maybe not all) so I don't get why they aren't listening to their constituents
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #433 on: February 21, 2023, 11:17:46 am »
They did the "second vote to confirm" thing because they fell into the classic trap that Dems do where they look at marijuana polling, see its wildly popular on both sides of the aisle, assume they will be able to get votes off it, then discover they gain not one single vote on this topic that they would not have already gotten because this is not a "single issue voter" type issue [with the exception of twelve stoners who were voting for Dems anyway].

Wildly popular =/= gets votes.
LVMH

Yada