Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 381344 times)

Yada

Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #1590 on: August 11, 2022, 11:41:48 am »
RATM Tour

« Reply #1591 on: August 11, 2022, 12:49:06 pm »
RATM Tour

However, during the second show of the rescheduled tour in Chicago on July 11, frontman Zack de la Rocha injured his leg mid-performance. De la Rocha has since continued the tour with RATM, though he has been seated on stage while performing during each subsequent gig.

It seems like it would be impossible to sing RTAM songs seated?!

Was he seated in the DC shows?

Zack must return home for rest and rehabilitation [following the New York shows].

But he's going to do the 2 MSG show tonight and tomorrow
slack

rich_WDC

« Reply #1592 on: August 11, 2022, 01:12:20 pm »

[/quote]

Was he seated in the DC shows?

Zack must return home for rest and rehabilitation [following the New York shows].

But he's going to do the 2 MSG show tonight and tomorrow
[/quote]

He was seated in DC.  Well at least for the 2nd show (the Wed)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1593 on: August 11, 2022, 01:36:16 pm »
Yeah, he was seated for the (first) DC show. Stagehands carried him on and off. He never stood up once.

It strangely still worked, especially with how they did the video feed.
LVMH

« Reply #1594 on: August 11, 2022, 05:59:50 pm »
the Old span of the Harry Nice Bridge
https://wtop.com/maryland/2022/08/despite-pleas-from-federal-lawmakers-md-on-track-to-demolish-old-nice-bridge/

plan was to make it a recreational for bikers and such (since they cut out the bike lanes on the new bridge after they promised they would have them)
slack

« Reply #1595 on: August 11, 2022, 06:02:03 pm »
Georgetown Cupcake

According to DC Health records, inspectors came to the location for a routine inspection on July 13, and that inspection returned several safety violations, including the presence of mouse droppings on shelves and mold on a Bailey’s Irish Cream container.
slack

« Reply #1596 on: August 12, 2022, 01:18:47 pm »
Jon Batiste is leaving his role as band leader of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert after seven seasons.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1597 on: August 12, 2022, 01:56:41 pm »
Georgetown Cupcake

According to DC Health records, inspectors came to the location for a routine inspection on July 13, and that inspection returned several safety violations, including the presence of mouse droppings on shelves and mold on a Bailey’s Irish Cream container.

You can't really stud down one of DC's biggest tourist attractions.

JUST IN: After being ordered to shut down by the city this week, Georgetown Cupcake says it has renewed its license and passed a re-inspection by DC Health and is now back open.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1598 on: August 12, 2022, 02:09:31 pm »
Jon Batiste is leaving his role as band leader of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert after seven seasons.

interesting.  he's been on a leave of absence, of sorts, for many weeks now and was supposed to come back in september if i remember correctly... guess he isn't coming back anymore. 

what with his success in album sales and at the grammys recently, you gotta think he has better offers in front of him than leading a talk show's house band.
<sig>

« Reply #1599 on: August 12, 2022, 02:13:14 pm »
what with his success in album sales and at the grammys recently, you gotta think he has better offers in front of him than leading a talk show's house band.
yeah, his star is shooting through the roof, why would you want to be the house band when you are a star in your own right

So do you guys on the west coast watch colbert and the late night shows at 8-9pm or do they air them later there
slack

« Reply #1600 on: August 12, 2022, 04:05:54 pm »
Jeffrey Toobin@JeffreyToobin
Friends, I’ve decided that, after 20 years, I’m leaving @cnn

no more rubbing it out on Zoom calls I guess?
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1601 on: August 12, 2022, 04:47:46 pm »
So do you guys on the west coast watch colbert and the late night shows at 8-9pm or do they air them later there

i catch colbert on youtube.  no idea when it's aired on tv...
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #1602 on: August 12, 2022, 04:49:00 pm »
The irony….

Dude was elected cause Hillary email scandal

Politics is such bs

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1603 on: August 12, 2022, 05:54:22 pm »

interesting.  he's been on a leave of absence, of sorts, for many weeks now and was supposed to come back in september if i remember correctly... guess he isn't coming back anymore. 

Batiste had taken time off to tend to his wife Suleika Jaouad, who has advanced leukemia.
😐 🎶

evilizac

« Reply #1604 on: August 12, 2022, 06:07:27 pm »
yeah, his star is shooting through the roof, why would you want to be the house band when you are a star in your own right
I would answer job/pay security/life stability (especially with an ill loved one). . . It worked for Max Weinberg for a long time. I mean, isn't he mainly a jazzbo? Unless he's got offers on top of offers rolling in for composing work, I can't imagine him as a top live draw.
Also, apparently Weinberg owns, or until recently owned a place in the city. The company that I work for did some minor work and I'll say this, he has a very quaint email address.   
WHAT?