Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 400450 times)

Yada

Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #1845 on: April 10, 2023, 02:58:17 pm »
Joe has the networth of franz and ben combined...

Taylor has about 10x gavin money

Ben Kweller?
was going to joke that Ben is probably living in a van down by the river, but this site says he's doing ok
https://caknowledge.com/ben-kweller-net-worth/

also, do they use AI to do these artist write ups?

I follow him on IG... unfortunately his teenage son died tragically a few weeks ago, so, he's probably not doing ok.

Hutch

« Reply #1846 on: April 10, 2023, 03:00:47 pm »
Oh no…. That’s horrible

« Reply #1847 on: April 10, 2023, 03:12:18 pm »
I follow him on IG... unfortunately his teenage son died tragically a few weeks ago, so, he's probably not doing ok.
yeah, I heard that.  I can't imagine how horrible that would be

my OK had more to do with his financial status more than his mental health (which I would have thought most people would have assumed that)
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1848 on: April 10, 2023, 03:14:43 pm »
Was it "misogynistic" for me to say that Joe Alwyn probably feels like the luckiest man alive as of yesterday?

he probably won't after her next album
<sig>

« Reply #1849 on: April 10, 2023, 03:26:01 pm »
Was it "misogynistic" for me to say that Joe Alwyn probably feels like the luckiest man alive as of yesterday?

he probably won't after her next album
Apparently Jake G is still getting hassled for keeping her red scarf

I asked my in house Swifty about this new and her response was "I don't believe it"
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1850 on: April 12, 2023, 01:27:44 pm »
HBO.

First Logan Roy, now this shit.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1851 on: April 12, 2023, 01:36:38 pm »
HBO.

First Logan Roy, now this shit.
This is the most bewildering branding decision I've ever heard. HBO has massive brand equity, is synonymous with quality, they acknowledge both but want to rebrand it "Max!" so that it doesn't feel snooty. It's like rebranding Rolls Royce as "Fuckass trash car."

They've gotta be playing out an intentional New Coke scenario here.
LVMH

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #1852 on: April 12, 2023, 01:54:06 pm »
I'm trying to figure out these changes mean for me, an HBO subscriber (not HBO max subscriber). Get HBO through my condo's Fios plan, which also allows me to also use HBO Max. Will I be able to now access "Max?" Would find that hard to believe given Max will also have Discovery content.

Space Freely

« Reply #1853 on: April 12, 2023, 02:05:39 pm »
I'm trying to figure out these changes mean for me, an HBO subscriber (not HBO max subscriber). Get HBO through my condo's Fios plan, which also allows me to also use HBO Max. Will I be able to now access "Max?" Would find that hard to believe given Max will also have Discovery content.

I don't see anything on Discovery that I would want to watch. Am I missing something?

« Reply #1854 on: April 12, 2023, 02:07:00 pm »
I am in the same boat as you -- well, I don't have a condo that is mandating I use FIOS, its just who I selected -- and I do believe we will have access to the new entity as a subscriber of terrestrial HBO. [[EDIT: It appears we might not get the 4K version of "MAX" but this is just online speculation.]]

I believe this is also the case with the Showtime/Paramount app merger.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 02:21:25 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

« Reply #1855 on: April 12, 2023, 02:11:39 pm »
I also don't think people are talking about how from a SEO perspective, HBO has tons of potential (and actual) value and Max is virtually unsearchable.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1856 on: April 12, 2023, 02:15:01 pm »

I don't see anything on Discovery that I would want to watch. Am I missing something?

Pretty sure the only thing worth watching on Discovery in "Repair Show" in which Brits bring in various family heirlooms to be lovingly repaired... watches, clocks, toys, stuffed animals, leather goods, pottery, jukeboxes, instruments the lot... my better half adores the show...

so basically those in search of prestige TV are now funding "unscripted reality" TV schlock...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1857 on: April 12, 2023, 02:22:48 pm »
also funding a harry potter tv series  ::)
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1858 on: April 12, 2023, 02:45:27 pm »
More poop and good context about HBO

“We want [Max] to be welcoming to all and easily recognizable, including to a key customer segment, kids and families,” JB Perrette, president and CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery’s global streaming and games, said at the event. “We all love HBO. And it’s a brand that has been built over five decades to be the edgy, groundbreaking trendsetter in entertainment for adults. But it’s not exactly where parents would most eagerly drop off their kids.”
😐 🎶

Hutch

« Reply #1859 on: April 13, 2023, 04:25:01 pm »