Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 373650 times)

vansmack

Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #345 on: December 19, 2019, 01:34:31 pm »
well not really...
 It will continue to sell entertainment services under the TiVo brand, alongside Xperi’s own

TiVo has been dead for over a decade.  Even Julian's America's grip on TiVo products won't save it.  This wasn't a "merger", it was a $1.2b buy to dismantle the parts and sell them off.  Only the name will survive because of it's brand, and only for a short while.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #346 on: December 19, 2019, 03:11:02 pm »
I get a nice DVR with my FIOS package

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #347 on: December 19, 2019, 03:46:28 pm »
well not really...
 It will continue to sell entertainment services under the TiVo brand, alongside Xperi’s own

TiVo has been dead for over a decade.  Even Julian's America's grip on TiVo products won't save it.  This wasn't a "merger", it was a $1.2b buy to dismantle the parts and sell them off.  Only the name will survive because of it's brand, and only for a short while.
Uh, I was on record like two years ago that I wasn't buying another TiVo product (and I have no bought the edge). I didn't go out and throw my Bolt+ with Lifetime away but when it kicks, that's it.
LVMH

« Reply #348 on: December 19, 2019, 03:46:35 pm »
DVR has no appeal for me...cause I don't follow any sports (well 'cept The caber toss) 
Just Hulu, netflix, Amazon, HBO and now Disney +
slack

hutch

« Reply #349 on: December 19, 2019, 04:42:08 pm »
I love my dvr

I can tape hundreds of episodes of paw patrol and neela princess night

« Reply #350 on: December 20, 2019, 10:19:42 am »
It's a brutal biz running a bar/restaurant (I see there are cleaners/yoga studios in here too), sad to see some of these go

https://www.popville.com/2019/12/list-dc-bars-restaurants-retail-closed-2019/

The Red Boat, Tom’s Chinese Laundry, District Hardware and Bike, Arqa Lebanese Fusion, Leziz, D.C. Cafe, Rosemarys Thyme Bistro, Corridor Coffee, The Outsider, The Pitch Tavern, Eat First, Wok and Roll (Adams Morgan), Maison Kayser(s), North Sea Restaurant, Via Gypset, Z Burger (Columbia Heights), The Bike Rack (Brookland and Logan), Fox Loves Taco, Hikari Sushi, Scotts DC, Southern Hospitality, Adams Morgan Cafe, Ray’s Hell Burger, Gallery 2000 Art & Framing, Arepa House, The Little Beet, Epic Philly Steaks, La Loma, Alba Osteria, Pennsylvania 6, Honeysuckle, Steam Cafe, Pizzeria Vetri, Caribbean Citations, Red Ginger, Sally’s Middle Name
, Bar Roubaix, Tanad Thai, Grand Trunk, Beefsteak (Tenleytown), Maddy’s, The Prospect (again), Chef Brian’s Comfort Kitchen, Satellite Room, Tenley Bar & Grill, Ri Ra Irish Pub (in January), Baan Thai, The Commodore, Crossroads, Vinoteca, China Wonder, The Pinch, Iron Horse Taproom, Little Havana, Chinatown Coffee, Blast DC, Town Hall, Trickling Springs, YogaWorks (14th Street), Happy Cleaners, Starbucks (multiple locations), Pho 14 (Adams Morgan), BicycleSPACE (Adams Morgan and K Street), Ten Tigers, Front Page, Frenchy’s Naturel and The Bird, Woodward Table, Logan Circle Liquor, West Wing (Thomas Circle), Danielle’s Desserts, The Heights (again), Sixth Engine, Dino’s Grotto, James Hoban’s, Policy, Masa 14, Sizzling Express, Drafting Table, Cafe Deluxe (Cathedral Heights), Filter Coffeehouse (Dupont), Meiwah, Kyrisan, Meridian Pint, Behnke Nurseries, Perfect Pita (Foggy Bottom), Bazaar Spices, Maple, Kapnos, Eatbar, The Greene Turtle, Home Rule, Steel Plate, Star & Shamrock, Proof, Jake’s American Grill, Love ‘n Faith Cafe, Garrison, Pitango Gelato (Capitol Hill), Illy Coffee Shop, and Bharati, Penn Commons, Bibiana, The Brass Knob, Bourbon (again), Cobalt/Level One, Buffalo Billiards, G Sandwich, Del Friscos’s Grille.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 10:23:56 am by Reading-ET-Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

Bagley

« Reply #351 on: December 20, 2019, 10:57:02 am »
Yeasayer

shemptiness

« Reply #352 on: December 20, 2019, 05:26:41 pm »
Chatter

rich_WDC

« Reply #353 on: December 23, 2019, 01:43:08 pm »
THIEVERY.... .well, at least through 2020.
Was made clear a few times at Sunday's show that the collective is taking a break and when it returns, "may" be a different configuration.

hutch

« Reply #354 on: December 23, 2019, 02:09:54 pm »
Damn I was there and missed that...I caught that it was their last show of the year,..and in their hometown so they were thankful

Of course Garza has his own musical project going  (coming to U Street Hall)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #355 on: December 23, 2019, 03:52:51 pm »
I guess Hilton is directing his energy towards fixing the Satellite Room...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #356 on: December 23, 2019, 03:58:37 pm »
THIEVERY.... .well, at least through 2020.
Was made clear a few times at Sunday's show that the collective is taking a break and when it returns, "may" be a different configuration.
I was there and I missed the part about “a different configuration”. They did say had new music coming out in 2020 but were taking the year off from touring.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #357 on: December 23, 2019, 04:28:32 pm »
2020: No surprises at the club :(

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #358 on: December 28, 2019, 04:57:19 pm »
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
T.Rex