Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 380801 times)

vansmack

Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #945 on: February 23, 2021, 07:28:04 pm »
curious what the toxicology report will say...

Brendan Quinn
@BFQuinn
·
7m
LA Sheriff's Dept. says Tiger Woods' vehicle was likely traveling at a "relatively greater speed than normal" at a stretch of road with "a downhill slope" that's known for a "high frequency of accidents." The SUV sustained "several rollovers." Currently no evidence of impairment.
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #946 on: February 23, 2021, 07:40:57 pm »
curious what the toxicology report will say...

Brendan Quinn
@BFQuinn
·
7m
LA Sheriff's Dept. says Tiger Woods' vehicle was likely traveling at a "relatively greater speed than normal" at a stretch of road with "a downhill slope" that's known for a "high frequency of accidents." The SUV sustained "several rollovers." Currently no evidence of impairment.

By "relatively greater speed than normal" so they mean greater than what Tiger normally drives?

hutch

« Reply #947 on: February 23, 2021, 07:52:28 pm »
They mean over the speed limit

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #948 on: February 23, 2021, 09:52:35 pm »
7am, no signs of skid marks or other indications of braking. Probably fell asleep.
😐 🎶

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #949 on: February 24, 2021, 01:17:27 am »
Fry's Electronics

Fry's was a chain of grocery stores when I was a kid in the Bay Area. When I visited Fremont for the first time in over 40 years in Nov 2019, I wanted to see what the hype was all about with their transformation to electronics. The parking lot was nearly empty, and the store seemed even emptier. Thousands of feet of bare shelves. Most of what they had was junk. A Tesla coil display was "out of order". They were selling a Hummer branded boombox (yes, the same brand as the defunct massive SUV).

I read that they were trying to change their billing relationship with vendors to all consignment. Some agreed, most didn't, but Fry's stood their ground. What a massive fubar.
😐 🎶

Yada

« Reply #950 on: February 24, 2021, 07:42:29 am »
7am, no signs of skid marks or other indications of braking. Probably fell asleep.

Probably nodded out

hutch

« Reply #951 on: February 24, 2021, 08:52:07 am »

Probably nodded out

Probably dozed off

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #952 on: February 24, 2021, 09:21:06 am »

Probably nodded out

Probably dozed off
Probably fell under the power of the Sandman.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #953 on: February 24, 2021, 10:10:22 am »

Probably nodded out

Probably dozed off

Opiates are a helluva drug.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #954 on: February 24, 2021, 10:19:04 am »

Probably nodded out

Probably dozed off

Opiates are a helluva drug.
Actually the Sandman is the dude I get my sports betting tips from. No one crosses the Sandman.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #955 on: February 24, 2021, 03:03:45 pm »
Any truth to the rumor that the car was in self-driving mode?

vansmack

« Reply #956 on: February 24, 2021, 03:45:17 pm »
Any truth to the rumor that the car was in self-driving mode?

The Genesis GV80 does not support self-driving.  It has safe-distance functionality, lane change assist and Smart Cruise Control, but that is not anything like self-driving.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #957 on: February 24, 2021, 03:48:17 pm »
Fry's Electronics

2019 was way too late for the heyday of Fry's.  From 1990-1996 (they opened a store wiht a couple miles of my house in So Cal) I built a ton of computers with their hardware, and was constantly doing local tech support with their products.  I went back into one in the late naughts and was very disappointed by what it had become, clearly losing out to online shopping.
27>34

Bagley

« Reply #959 on: February 25, 2021, 12:41:11 pm »
Sad to see that the Big Hunt has permanently closed.  I learned a lot about microbrews from their vast draft selection back in the day. My first introduction to Hopslam was there.  They also had a fun jukebox and a very accommodating bar staph. :'(