Author Topic: Anyone else standing in line for NIN tickets?  (Read 14749 times)

K8teebug

Anyone else standing in line for NIN tickets?
« on: May 17, 2018, 08:56:42 am »
I plan on getting there around 6:30ish. Will be in a purple chair holding a flower umbrella!

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Anyone else standing in line for NIN tickets?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 09:08:34 am »
I would never financially support such a ludicrous ticketing model with my money.
LVMH

bearman🐻

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 09:44:15 am »
I would never financially support such a ludicrous ticketing model with my money.

You do realize that once upon a time this is exactly what people used to do, right?

I might also add that in 1993, my sister and I waited in line to participate in a lottery (yes, a lottery...no guarantee you'd get to buy tickets) for INXS and that alone was part of what made the experience special. Most people showed up in pairs, but we'd all start talking and trying to pair up so that we improved our odds of getting in. My sister's lottery ticket wasn't called, but mine was. When you see a "big" band in a smaller venue and invest a little time and energy to make it possible, a certain type of die-hard fan shows up. The concert becomes a bigger deal. When Michael Hutchence hit that stage, the energy in the club was totally electric and I'll never forget how much we all had. When they ended with "Don't Change", it was one of those special moments because it felt like he was making eye contact directly with you. I saw them in a bigger venue later on and it wasn't the same thing. When I saw the Foo Fighters at the Black Cat and waited in line for those tickets, I met a couple people that I'm still actually friends with and hang out with on a fairly regular basis. I wouldn't want to do that for every show, but to be honest, it has the potential to be a fun time. I just hope the rain will hold off that morning.

Anyway, K8teebug, I hope that you'll actually have a fun time, meet some cool people, and if you can still snag me an extra I'll be eternally grateful and be your own personal runner to the bar for the show. Thank you!

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 09:46:53 am »
You do realize that once upon a time this is exactly what people used to do, right?
You do realize that once upon a time people applied leeches to their body as medicine, right?

You do realize that once upon a time people owned other people as property, right?

You do realize that once upon a time women didn't have the right to vote or own property, right?
LVMH

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 09:52:59 am »
Tix go on sale Saturday, yes? In any event, no. Had MPP been an option, then yes.

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 09:55:46 am »
to add insult to injury...DC bike ride is the same time...lots of road closures starting at 6:30 AM

https://dcbikeride.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Map-and-Alternative-Routes.pdf
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 10:14:21 am »
Did I ever tell you guys about the time I went to the first Lollapalooza and Nine Inch Nails played? I used their set to go get some food, but I did see enough of them to see that they were having technical difficulties, and Trent started pitching a hissy fit.

Have fun in line!

Yada

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 10:19:10 am »
Did I ever tell you guys about the time I went to the first Lollapalooza and Nine Inch Nails played? I used their set to go get some food, but I did see enough of them to see that they were having technical difficulties, and Trent started pitching a hissy fit.

Have fun in line!

#Cla$$ic$pace

Space Freely

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 10:34:56 am »

Have fun in line!

#Cla$$ic$pace

It may have been the bathroom line. Because at that point Space really didn't have money for amphitheater food. Whereas now of course I gobble that shit up.

Anyway, I did buy the first NIN album on cassette within weeks of its' release and really dug it at the time. I mean "Head like a hole, black as your soul, I'd rather die than give you control." Who doesn't identify  with that? True story. Good times.

K8teebug

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 10:51:06 am »
I am a standing in line veteran, and looking forward to it (except for the rain, but oh well). I used to stand in line for tickets all the time! Hoping for cool people around me. Bearman, I got you...

bearman🐻

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 11:20:22 am »
I am a standing in line veteran, and looking forward to it (except for the rain, but oh well). I used to stand in line for tickets all the time! Hoping for cool people around me. Bearman, I got you...

Frankly, I'm excited that I get to meet a new Boardie and (hopefully) go see a fun show. I'm probably just as excited to see the Jesus and Mary Chain. In any case, I think it's a stretch to compare waiting in line to using leeches. I detect a sore spot for Julian. Bless his bruised heart.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 11:30:25 am »
I detect a sore spot for Julian. Bless his bruised heart.

Jeebus, I hadn't considered this. I hope Jules' leech problem has resolved itself!

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 11:31:45 am »
The idea of physically queuing for tickets is so antiquated, the band should be roundly mocked for considering it. It’s an inane, inefficient, customer unfriendly practice. It’s stupid.
LVMH

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 11:32:19 am »
I detect a sore spot for Julian. Bless his bruised heart.

Jeebus, I hadn't considered this. I hope Jules' leech problem has resolved itself!
Ill just double down on the leeches until it goes away.
LVMH

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 11:47:55 am »

Have fun in line!

Lake Fairfax?  I don't remember it that way at all.  They actually won me over that day.

Then again, I was tripping my ass off, so what do I know?