Author Topic: Hey, hey, my, my (Classic Rock edition)  (Read 12948 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Hey, hey, my, my (Classic Rock edition)
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 08:24:04 pm »
We've still got the deads

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2019, 12:24:23 pm »
We've still got the deads

well, some of them...
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2019, 05:34:35 pm »
Meh, that doesn't really concern me. I'm more concerned with my own mortality, and those of other family members.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2019, 06:00:37 pm »
Meh, that doesn't really concern me. I'm more concerned with my own mortality, and those of other family members.

Weird. I never noticed you dont post in the dead celebrity thread.

Space Freely

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2019, 12:52:28 pm »

Weird. I never noticed you dont post in the dead celebrity thread.

I actually do go there to post, but you ghouls always beat me to it.

My wife's friend's husband died Saturday. He was a minor player in the punk rock community of the city that he lived in his whole life (not DC) for the last 35 years. I only met him once, 15+ years ago. I'm actually pretty sad about that.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2019, 08:39:28 pm »

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2019, 10:40:05 am »
One for the topic, Tom:

“We don’t even say the word ‘rock’ on the radio station — we’re New York’s new alternative,” said Mike Kaplan, the ALT 92.3 program director and format captain for alternative across Entercom, the station’s parent company, in an earlier interview. “I don’t think there’s a big win in using the word rock today,” he added.

“The raw, guitar-rock sound is really — I don’t want to say it’s done, but …” He trailed off. “It’s present, but it’s morphed and mixed with other instrumentation. Does anyone really go to Guitar Center anymore and pick up the guitar?”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/18/arts/music/rock-radio.html?action=click&module=Editors%20Picks&pgtype=Homepage 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2020, 10:22:08 am »
Is it today?

hutch

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2020, 11:19:47 am »
Well little Richard was not a guitar guy..RNR started with piano and honking saxes...to me it starts in New Orleans then gets mainstreamed with blues (Chicago chess...guitar...Chuck Berry) and rockabilly (Sun and Elvis)

But what Little Richard was more than anything was the attitude of rnr and that is never going to die..ain’t nobody ever been more punk than Little Richard

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2021, 02:20:26 pm »
Charlie Watts

I refuse to believe this

Ugh

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2023, 10:35:19 am »
Shane MacGowan

I have a feeling that 2024 is going to be a dark year.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺