Author Topic: Maybe we should just impeach Trump  (Read 65921 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Maybe we should just impeach Trump
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2019, 11:34:42 am »
Also, this woman  received an MBA in Marketing from Johns Hopkins University in 1998. Joe the Plumber served in the Air Force for four years and seems to have never taken a college course. Color me elitist, but I'd hire someone with an MBA from Hopkins before I would someone with no college education.
Fair enough. My analogy was hyperbolic.
LVMH

« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2019, 11:42:39 am »
What happened to when they go low, we go high?
I know this is strange coming from me...I'm so tired of getting(going) High
I think that we need to 95% of the time, but eveyonce in a while, we get to do this
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2019, 01:16:15 pm »
I have an impeachment question.

If he is impeached and removed before election day 2020, does that disqualify him from running/being elected in 2020, or afterwards?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2019, 01:34:02 pm »
If he is impeached and removed before election day 2020, does that disqualify him from running/being elected in 2020, or afterwards?
No.
LVMH

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2019, 01:37:34 pm »
No.

Badass.  MANGA!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2019, 02:17:24 pm »
No.

Incorrect, per the lawyer dude Elie on CNN. Will looks it up later, but he answered this exact question from a viewer: removal does mean he can't run again, but impeachment without conviction (removal) = can run again.
<sig>

« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2019, 02:19:56 pm »
I have an impeachment question.

well I think Jules is correct, but the timing would be tricky
as I think if we got 17 senators to flip, I think the earliest would be after the early primaries
I think he'd need to 're-register' and get tons of signatures in each state to get on the ballot for the GOP primary and some states have already canceled them
He could go 3rd party and given his base, there is a chance that he could pull that off

hoestly, there is a better chance of me winning the lottery than the GOP senators voting to convict him in the senate
even with some pretty damming evidence
he's still in the high 80's GOP voter support, unless that dipps below 60 I don't think we'll see many flips
They are going down with this ship (and lining their pockets with gold on the way down)

Edit... the Canadian seems to think that if convicted he can't run for president again?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 02:25:17 pm by bleeding in the burbs ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2019, 02:30:01 pm »
Legal analyst's name is Elie Honig. He does these Q & A columns on CNN. Can't look it up right now, will try to remember tonight.
<sig>

« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2019, 11:10:53 am »
Acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney stood up Democrats in their impeachment inquiry, skipping his 9 a.m. deposition.

Good stuff
Tom🏳️‍🌈#ITMFA @tombuchberger
I'm pretty sure Mulvaney was afraid his face would melt off if someone brought out the Ark again.  #RaidersOfTheLostGOP

Trump just love fucking with the news and the left...but you are never quite sure
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 01:12:31 pm by Absolut Side-munity. ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2019, 05:43:09 pm »
Why are Republicans hell-bent on exposing Trump whistleblower?

Trump’s allies want to try to counter potentially damaging testimony by U.S. diplomats during next week’s public hearings by presenting the whistleblower as a partisan figure who helped Democrats launch an impeachment inquiry that had long been considered, according to House of Representatives Republican aides and strategists.

“The Republican issue with the whistleblower is that there seems to be an inherently political motive behind what he said and did and presented,” said a Republican Party official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

“It fits in the larger narrative that this has been a partisan effort from the beginning,” the official said.

Conservative news articles purporting to identify the whistleblower have sought to link the person with Joe Biden and “deep state” conspirators within the Obama administration who some Republicans say were determined to undermine Trump’s candidacy when he was running for office and later his presidency.

“They’re trying to define the impeachment hearings as political before they begin. It helps fire up the base and tries to tint the testimony before it actually takes place,” said Republican strategist Ron Bonjean.

DEFLECTION

Aides and strategists say the aim of the push to unmask the whistleblower is to deflect voter attention away from impeachment testimony and cast doubt on the Democratic-led proceedings.

“Republican voters want to stick with their tribe and defend the president, and they need something to go on. This gives strong Trump voters something to say when the actual request to Ukraine is indefensible,” said Republican strategist Rory Cooper, who was a top aide to former House Majority Leader Eric Cantor.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2019, 08:08:15 pm »

now bill kristol is the voice of reason - great, just great...
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2019, 08:55:50 pm »
He was better in City Slickers.

hutch

« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2019, 09:19:06 pm »
It has been interesting to see Kristol’s reaction

I would pay money to hear what Robert Novak, George Carlin and Gore Vidal would say....

« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2019, 11:30:11 am »
so Candace Owens outed the whiselblower and has had 100k retweets...
I do like that most news outlets have republished this (I see Washington Examiner wanted clicks, so they did)

@RealCandaceO Nov 8
Please do not retweet this photo of the scam-whistleblower,

(not included the photo and name of alleged whislteblower )
slack