Author Topic: Maybe we should just impeach Trump  (Read 64519 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Maybe we should just impeach Trump
« Reply #600 on: January 19, 2023, 10:00:00 am »
NEW YORK — Donald Trump mistook his sexual assault accuser E. Jean Carroll for his ex-wife Marla Maples when shown a photograph from the 1990s in a deposition at Mar-a-Lago last year, potentially undermining one of the common defenses he has used to deny an attack.
Trump, who is being sued by Carroll, an author and advice columnist, for defamation and sexual assault stemming from the same alleged encounter, has repeatedly said Carroll is not his “type,” suggesting an assault could not have occurred because he would not have pursued her romantically.
“That’s Marla, yeah. That’s my wife,” Trump said under examination from Carroll’s lawyer Roberta Kaplan, in a new selection of excerpts from the deposition that was unsealed Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Manhattan.
Trump’s blunder in a sworn deposition was quickly corrected by his attorney Alina Habba, who told him it was Carroll, not Maples, an actress and singer who was married to Trump from 1993 to 1999.

that whole deposition where he gives his typical word salad answers to questions is preciously why he'll never face in open court questioning as he's likely to blurt out some critical piece of information regarding national security on the stand... dude just needs to be shipped of to a island...
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #601 on: January 23, 2023, 07:37:34 pm »
perhaps you've seen the headline of an FBI agent who was arrested because he is accused of taking money from and working with a russian oligarch... but, there's more! 

Kaivan Shroff @KaivanShroff
Just to be clear, when the New York Times reported that the FBI saw “no link between Trump and Russia” — a week before the 2016 election — the FBI agent who was just arrested over ties to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska was heading up the investigation.

Just an absolute scandal.

Fox News: Retired top FBI counterintelligence agent who led Trump-Russia probe arrested for own ties to Russian oligarch

Daily Beast: Ex-FBI Agent Who Probed Trump’s Russia Ties Is Under Investigation for Russia Ties
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #602 on: March 17, 2023, 11:33:20 pm »
"the NYPD, New York State Court Officers, the U.S. Secret Service, the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force, and the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office walk into a conference room..."

City, state and federal law enforcement agencies meet about how to prep for possible Trump indictment

An indictment would involve setting a date and time for Trump to surrender. Trump’s US Secret Service detail would deliver him to the Manhattan district attorney’s office for fingerprinting and then taking mugshots in offices of the district attorney’s detective squad. As is customary in cases where a defendant is allowed to voluntarily surrender, after arrest processing, the former president would be brought directly to an arraignment before a judge where he would likely be released on his own recognizance.

Law enforcement officials who are privy to the discussions said several concerns have been discussed in the planning process, including courthouse security and the potential for demonstrations or rallies outside of the courthouse by Trump supporters and/or counter demonstrations by anti-Trump protesters, with the risk of the two groups clashing.

or, as walkies might summarize it:

<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #603 on: March 30, 2023, 06:15:30 pm »
congress didn't seize the opportunity to impeach him, but the Manhattan DA will take a swing at convicting him as a civilian... a day that i thought would never come:

Grand Jury Votes to Indict Donald Trump in New York
<sig>

Hutch

« Reply #604 on: March 30, 2023, 06:21:08 pm »
Congress did impeach him. Twice.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #605 on: March 30, 2023, 06:37:27 pm »
Congress did impeach him. Twice.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #606 on: March 30, 2023, 06:40:36 pm »
correct, i should have added "... and convict"
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #607 on: March 30, 2023, 06:46:24 pm »
I honestly see no court upholding the legal theory that elevates this to a felony.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #608 on: March 30, 2023, 06:53:36 pm »
well, let's start by seeing the charges.  cohen got 3 years for his involvement, so clearly there's a "there" there...
<sig>

Hutch

« Reply #609 on: March 30, 2023, 06:55:15 pm »
well, let's start by seeing the charges.  cohen got 3 years for his involvement, so clearly there's a "there" there...

Cohen’s case is completely different.

Hutch

« Reply #610 on: March 31, 2023, 07:17:28 am »
Ok 34 counts of business fraud? Seems like more than Stormy

« Reply #611 on: March 31, 2023, 07:24:13 am »
is hutch coming around?
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #612 on: March 31, 2023, 12:19:43 pm »

thus giving this theory legs:

there is a theory out there that the DA might be going for more than just individual, unrelated crimes.  instead, they might try making this a RICO case by arguing that the long list of (at times low-level) crimes are symptomatic of an inherently corrupt organization.  should they go for this grand-slam, more crimes will be heaped on to the stormy thing.
<sig>

Hutch

« Reply #613 on: March 31, 2023, 12:22:21 pm »
Well I sure hope!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>