Author Topic: Bands/artists you would like to see but prob won’t happen  (Read 8447 times)

hutch

Bands/artists you would like to see but prob won’t happen
« on: January 17, 2020, 10:39:48 am »
It occurs to me that I have seen most everyone I want but probably will never see

Alphaville

Re: Bands/artists you would like to see but prob won’t happen
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 10:53:36 am »
the clash   ok obviously that won't happen
I resubmit
Big Audio Dynamite
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 11:40:57 am by I'm a Liberal Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llı »
slack

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 10:54:08 am »
Kate Bush
(_|_)

Space Freely

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 11:33:43 am »
Tom Waits

evilizac

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 12:03:27 pm »
Seconded Tom Waits, which feels prescient as prior to reading this I posted an ad looking for people interested in doing a Tom Waits cover/tribute band. My thought is that If he's not going to tour, wouldn't it make niche financial sense as a group of musicians to fill an otherwise unfillable void? I am aware that it would be impossible to fill the personality role, but musically, I'm sure that there are some that would like to see/hear selected cuts performed live. Maybe I'm just a rapidly aging wannabe hipster (a world that quickly fell out of fashion somewhere along the timeline of the aughts).

Also, I'll probably never convince myself to see Springsteen for the cost of a ticket. This is despite the fact that my wife did convince me that it was worth spending, what in my mind was an obscene amount to see the geriatric Stones. Having done that I will say it was arguably worth it considering she actually really enjoyed the show (I had fun as well). I'm not a huge fan, but the songs that I do like, I really like. I would like to hear anyone's argument that Born to Run is anything less than genuinely anthemic.

Bummed that I never saw/will never see Sonic Youth.
I'll probably never convince myself to see Wilco (I assume they would mostly play ok newer tracks, one or two songs from Being There and nothing from AM).

I still mentally kick myself for missing Paul Westerberg in the early/mid 2000s and thinking that I would get a chance to see The Replacements at somewhere better than Echostage.

WHAT?

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 12:08:39 pm »
I still mentally kick myself for missing Paul Westerberg in the early/mid 2000s and thinking that I would get a chance to see The Replacements at somewhere better than Echostage.
I almost put Paul...I don't know why he doesn't tour
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 12:19:26 pm »
Seconded Tom Waits, which feels prescient as prior to reading this I posted an ad looking for people interested in doing a Tom Waits cover/tribute band. My thought is that If he's not going to tour, wouldn't it make niche financial sense as a group of musicians to fill an otherwise unfillable void? I am aware that it would be impossible to fill the personality role, but musically, I'm sure that there are some that would like to see/hear selected cuts performed live. Maybe I'm just a rapidly aging wannabe hipster (a world that quickly fell out of fashion somewhere along the timeline of the aughts).

Also, I'll probably never convince myself to see Springsteen for the cost of a ticket. This is despite the fact that my wife did convince me that it was worth spending, what in my mind was an obscene amount to see the geriatric Stones. Having done that I will say it was arguably worth it considering she actually really enjoyed the show (I had fun as well). I'm not a huge fan, but the songs that I do like, I really like. I would like to hear anyone's argument that Born to Run is anything less than genuinely anthemic.

Bummed that I never saw/will never see Sonic Youth.
I'll probably never convince myself to see Wilco (I assume they would mostly play ok newer tracks, one or two songs from Being There and nothing from AM).

I would like to see The Libertines.

I recommend going to one Bruce Springsteen show and one Wilco show.  What's the worst that would happen?
Sorry you missed out on the PW and better Replacements shows.

hutch

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 12:54:26 pm »
I have faith I will see Neil Young so haven’t included him...my time will come

Going to see Rod Stewart this summer

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 12:56:16 pm »

I may see Rod Stewart, but that will depend upon whether folks dump tickets on the day of show. Pavillion tix are way to costly.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2020, 01:19:47 pm »
Tougher question than I thought. The mention of the Replacements at Echostage made me realize my biggest regret is not seeing artists in their prime. A lot of aging artists or reunited bands are fun to watch but hardly the version I really want to see.

That Replacements show was dull. And even if Westerberg toured again it would be nothing like the shows he played at the old 930 back in 92 or so.

moeszyslak

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2020, 01:26:46 pm »
Talking Heads

Space Freely

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 01:32:04 pm »

Are you taking your mom, and singing along with (covering Alphaville) "Forever Young" together?

Apologies if your mom isn't with us anymore. This totally seems like an intergenerational family show possibility for the 40+ crowd and their parents.

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2020, 01:46:25 pm »
Black Flag with Henry
Dead Kennedy's with Jello

Although Like STC said...would just be nostalgia, not really like the artist in their prime
slack

nkotb

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2020, 01:49:24 pm »
Hatch did you see the Rollins Band played Black Flag show at the club a million years ago?  That owned...even had Keith do a couple of early numbers!

WALKonBack

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2020, 01:50:18 pm »
The artist, known as

Jesus Christ