Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 395310 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #2160 on: January 16, 2021, 10:51:39 am »
I'm as eager as the next guy to get the vaccine, but what's the rush? It's not like a magic portal of things to do are going to open up because you have your vaccine*.

*If your eagerness is purely health/fear related of catching covid-19, please disregard.
I mean, of course the motivation is health related. (Aside from Internet dick measuring points.) I agree it’s not a passport to more activities now but I do think it’ll be the case in 4-6 months.

If you’re going to tell me when we have 40-60% of the population vaccinated that bars/concert halls/movie theatres aren’t going to be demanding to reopen to vaccinated folks (with the wide support of the American population on both sides of the aisle) so they can generate revenue, you’re very narrow sighted.
LVMH

« Reply #2161 on: January 16, 2021, 11:11:28 am »
(Aside from Internet dick measuring points.)
really the only reason you are getting it

I do think Yada's point is, you are going to have to wait 6 months for anything to reasonably reopen, so if you get it in April ...is it that big of a deal
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 11:13:07 am by Panic-Button-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #2162 on: January 16, 2021, 11:15:17 am »
Just got my shingles vaccine (1st shot).  No line or distribution problems (Costco).

Smart.  Have had it - it sucks.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #2163 on: January 16, 2021, 11:21:18 am »
Somewhat disappointed that I am only tier B in MD. I'm high risk so the sooner the better.

Yada

« Reply #2164 on: January 16, 2021, 11:23:58 am »
I'm as eager as the next guy to get the vaccine, but what's the rush? It's not like a magic portal of things to do are going to open up because you have your vaccine*.

*If your eagerness is purely health/fear related of catching covid-19, please disregard.
I mean, of course the motivation is health related. (Aside from Internet dick measuring points.) I agree it’s not a passport to more activities now but I do think it’ll be the case in 4-6 months.

If you’re going to tell me when we have 40-60% of the population vaccinated that bars/concert halls/movie theatres aren’t going to be demanding to reopen to vaccinated folks (with the wide support of the American population on both sides of the aisle) so they can generate revenue, you’re very narrow sighted.

I'm not going to tell you that... But I'm prepared for another very bleak year.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2165 on: January 16, 2021, 11:35:31 am »

I think things will be significantly better in Q3. Not “normal” but the worst of it solidly behind us.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #2166 on: January 16, 2021, 12:49:01 pm »
6757 new covid cases in Virginia

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2167 on: January 16, 2021, 07:14:53 pm »
"Los Angeles County on Saturday surpassed 1 million coronavirus cases since reporting its first infection nearly a year before and also recorded its first instance of a new, more contagious variant of the virus that was initially identified in the United Kingdom.'

Space Freely

« Reply #2168 on: January 16, 2021, 07:21:11 pm »
"Los Angeles County on Saturday surpassed 1 million coronavirus cases since reporting its first infection nearly a year before and also recorded its first instance of a new, more contagious variant of the virus that was initially identified in the United Kingdom.'

La Times article estimates 1 in 3 LA County residents have had Covid. County population is 10 million.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2169 on: January 16, 2021, 07:22:56 pm »
I've heard estimates of 35% nationwide, counting asymptomatic, undiagnosed cases.

Yada

« Reply #2170 on: January 16, 2021, 10:33:05 pm »
Well you've met me in person. Did I look like Neil Young? Or Jeff Tweedy?

I can see the Jeff Tweedy, because we have similar glasses and hair. (Though I'm probably 15 pounds over my ideal weight, and he's probably 40 pounds over his.)
In that photo..NY for sure
IRL ...maybe tweedy, but maybe joe walsh

Space footage..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ4M-8GstgI/?igshid=1sg9c1krptjt

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2171 on: January 16, 2021, 11:14:27 pm »

I think things will be significantly better in Q3. Not “normal” but the worst of it solidly behind us.

I have heard that but for Q4 not, Q3. And can we still even use "Q" as a an abbrev. Maybe just say Ter4.

Space Freely

« Reply #2172 on: January 17, 2021, 01:04:37 pm »
Well you've met me in person. Did I look like Neil Young? Or Jeff Tweedy?

I can see the Jeff Tweedy, because we have similar glasses and hair. (Though I'm probably 15 pounds over my ideal weight, and he's probably 40 pounds over his.)
In that photo..NY for sure
IRL ...maybe tweedy, but maybe joe walsh

Space footage..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ4M-8GstgI/?igshid=1sg9c1krptjt

So, basically you guys are saying i look like any middle aged white guy with hipster glasses and long hair. I have big eyes, Gary Oldman has smaller, squinty eyes. Also, Jeff Tweedy has a bulbous nose a large round head. I have a sharper, more pointed nose and smaller, more oval head. I've also heard Butch Vig more than once, but he's got the droopy lips of a stoke victim and that stupid mustache. My lips are small and unremarkable but not sagging.

Who do people say you guys look like?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 01:09:26 pm by Space Freely »

Space Freely

« Reply #2173 on: January 17, 2021, 01:06:48 pm »

I have heard that but for Q4 not, Q3. And can we still even use "Q" as a an abbrev. Maybe just say Ter4.

Maybe it depends on what you consider "normal?" I wish they had tested the vaccine on 14+ instead of 16+.

Space Freely

« Reply #2174 on: January 17, 2021, 06:06:16 pm »
6757 new covid cases in Virginia

9914 today, and they say it's not due to any backlog. Be safe, folks.