Author Topic: Live in the Age of Covid19  (Read 101560 times)

hutch

Re: Live in the Age of Covid19
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2020, 09:52:42 pm »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/politics/los-angeles-mayor-coronavirus-concerts-cnntv/index.html

At this point I got to wonder if some promoters may continue booking shows, announcing them etc angling for bailout money...not all but I think with some of the bigger ones it’s got to be the thinking

“Hey we announced the shows, sold the tickets and you won’t let us put the show on, we understand but you got to help us out”

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2020, 01:29:49 am »
surprised something like this hasn't happened sooner:

Real Estate Launch “Quarantour” Augmented Reality Web App
Experience their live set from the comfort of your phone
<sig>

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2020, 08:07:47 am »
Enjoyed John McCauley's instagram live last night. During the set he talked about Deer Tick starting to do concerts via Twitch. So, Deer Twitch, I guess. I am unaware of the Twitch. Has anyone here watched a streamed concert via that platform?

« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2020, 09:29:39 am »
, I guess. I am unaware of the Twitch. Has anyone here watched a streamed concert via that platform?
I thought it was where people watch other people play videogames
I've heard that some are making 6 figure sallaries on twitch just playing games and having stupid comentary as they play
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2020, 10:10:45 am »
, I guess. I am unaware of the Twitch. Has anyone here watched a streamed concert via that platform?
I thought it was where people watch other people play videogames
I've heard that some are making 6 figure sallaries on twitch just playing games and having stupid comentary as they play
This is also my impression of twitch.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2020, 10:51:19 am »
Twitch also at some point included features that would allow DJs to stream as well.  I suspect Bands are probably taking advantage of that as well. 

I was looking into possibly DJing online, but it’s virtually impossible to do it legally and licensed now a days. I think live365 is the only provider left  that will pay the fees owed Soundexchange, etc.  Otherwise, one is on their own to pay directly which isn’t worth the hassle. 

I guess copyright be damned these days given all the DJs streaming and people doing covers over Facebook, etc.

I did see at least one band get nailed for performing their own songs though.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2020, 11:02:32 am »
Last Night’s Tim’s Listening Parties were awesome.  Lots of tales from Ash on 1977 and even Weller was weighing on Our Favorite Shop.  Such a fun thing to do.

Friday we get Lloyd Cole chatting about Rattlesnakes.  Saturday will include The Coral and Supergrass back to back.  Tim’s also doing Elliott Smith Figure 8, not sure who besides will be involved.
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2020, 11:13:48 am »
Twitch also at some point included features that would allow DJs to stream as well.  I suspect Bands are probably taking advantage of that as well. 

I was looking into possibly DJing online, but it’s virtually impossible to do it legally and licensed now a days. I think live365 is the only provider left  that will pay the fees owed Soundexchange, etc.  Otherwise, one is on their own to pay directly which isn’t worth the hassle. 

I guess copyright be damned these days given all the DJs streaming and people doing covers over Facebook, etc.

I've tuned in late night to a few of ?questlove's streaming sessions, pretty damn amazing, especially his Bill Wither's party a few weeks back. I don't see how anyone could stop you stream via IG or Facebook. Do it!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #203 on: April 17, 2020, 07:04:40 am »

I've tuned in late night to a few of ?questlove's streaming sessions, pretty damn amazing, especially his Bill Wither's party a few weeks back. I don't see how anyone could stop you stream via IG or Facebook. Do it!

The more I look into the more I realize it’s just not worth the hassle. There lots of tricks to get around the fact that all Fb\IG streams are being monitored for content violations, just not worth trying to bend the rules.  Would rather not get flagged by the overlords.
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2020, 09:46:06 am »

The more I look into the more I realize it’s just not worth the hassle. There lots of tricks to get around the fact that all Fb\IG streams are being monitored for content violations, just not worth trying to bend the rules.  Would rather not get flagged by the overlords.

I admittedly don't know these rules, nor would I follow them if I did... but to clarify, are you saying someone like ?uestlove isn't allowed to be streaming misc. songs over IG/FB/etc?

Live a little, you may get Covid tomorrow! If it would bring you fun and joy for an hour, do it! In reality, how many people are going to tune into your show?? In the 10's?? 100's? It would be a blip on the interweb radar.

« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2020, 10:03:34 am »
In reality, how many people are going to tune into your show?? In the 10's?? 100's? It would be a blip on the interweb radar.
remember, I've been building a case that Kosmo is actually a Bot
So he's got legions at his fingertips...legions!
slack

Yada

« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2020, 10:37:32 am »
Pretty sad, popped into G Love's live IG last night and he had about 100ish listeners... Take note kosmo.

Anyway, considering he was going to donate the $14 he raised to the 930 club, you'd think they would've promoted the event.

« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2020, 10:56:25 am »
Pretty sad, popped into G Love's live IG last night and he had about 100ish listeners... Take note kosmo.

Anyway, considering he was going to donate the $14 he raised to the 930 club, you'd think they would've promoted the event.
they did on twitter
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2020, 10:58:51 am »

they did on twitter

Oh is that a...[flips through rolodex]...thing?

Yada

« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2020, 10:59:53 am »

they did on twitter

Maybe advertise it on... well, IG???