Author Topic: Live in the Age of Covid19  (Read 101541 times)

shemptiness

Re: Live in the Age of Covid19
« Reply #255 on: April 25, 2020, 10:26:29 am »
Believe it or not this is actually pretty solid.

Post Malone's Nirvana Tribute

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2020, 09:23:51 am »
Bandcamp is doing the revenue waiver again:

"on May 1, June 5, and July 3 (the first Friday of each month), we’re waiving our revenue share for all sales on Bandcamp, from midnight to midnight PDT on each day."

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #259 on: April 28, 2020, 10:33:28 am »
Today's Livestream via BrooklynVegan

Pickathon continues broadcasting a concert a day from their vaults for 60 days at 4 PM ET on Twitch and YouTube. Today it’s Priests.

Read More: Today’s livestreams (Phish, Grimes, Dashboard Confessional, Tune-Yards, Bully, more) | http://www.brooklynvegan.com/todays-livestreams-phish-grimes-dashboard-confessional-tune-yards-bully-more/?trackback=tsmclip

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2020, 06:01:01 pm »
Really enjoyed the TimsTwitterListeningParty for Bandwagonesque: thanks Kosmo.

« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2020, 10:51:39 pm »
https://www.nivassoc.org/take-action

The future of independent live music is at stake. Today we’re asking for your voice to save it. 9:30 Club, The Anthem, Lincoln Theatre, and Merriweather Post Pavilion have joined more than 1,000 other venues to form the NIVA - National Independent Venue Association
. We sent a letter to Congress asking for crucial support needed independent venues to weather this shutdown. Now we are asking you to do the same. Please consider sending a message to your congressional representatives letting them know you want to see independent live music survive and thrive in DC

Send your congressmen/women a message about live music
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #262 on: April 29, 2020, 09:33:16 am »
Really enjoyed the TimsTwitterListeningParty for Bandwagonesque: thanks Kosmo.

My life is pretty much Twitter listening parties between 3 and 6pm these days.  And the twitter party replay site works really well, I've gone back to that for a few of the albums I didn't listen while they were tweeting about them.  Listening to Gwenno's album Le Kov which she did with Gruff Rhys and sung in Cornish was really great with the insights. 

https://timstwitterlisteningparty.com/pages/replay.html

Looking forward to Heaven 17 tonight and Haircut 100 and New Order tomorrow.

T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #263 on: April 29, 2020, 09:35:27 am »
https://www.nivassoc.org/take-action

The future of independent live music is at stake. Today we’re asking for your voice to save it. 9:30 Club, The Anthem, Lincoln Theatre, and Merriweather Post Pavilion have joined more than 1,000 other venues to form the NIVA - National Independent Venue Association
. We sent a letter to Congress asking for crucial support needed independent venues to weather this shutdown. Now we are asking you to do the same. Please consider sending a message to your congressional representatives letting them know you want to see independent live music survive and thrive in DC

Send your congressmen/women a message about live music
Without any inside knowledge of their ledger sheets, I feel IMP is in a better position to weather this than most independent venues. They laid off/furloughed their staff relatively early in this whole thing and slow-playing ticket refunds help with cashflow. If things get too dire, unlike other small venues, they can always fall back on liquidating Seth's secret sex apartments to get them through.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #264 on: April 29, 2020, 09:42:26 am »
Nightclubs basically make most of their money on alcohol sales. I hope 930 was fairly uh...liquid before this hit. I doubt most businesses had enough cash to float 6 months of expenses.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #265 on: April 29, 2020, 09:55:12 am »
I doubt most businesses had enough cash to float 6 months of expenses.
Its not a true 6 months of expenses though, to be fair. Rent, sure same (unless you have a cool landlord who gives you some abatement -- we got this on like 15 of our 40 locations). Utilities, probably down a little. Labor cost, potentially can be close to nil.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #266 on: April 29, 2020, 10:03:58 am »
Didn’t I write about this weeks ago?
Anyways first off I have no knowledge of what IMP is doing but I think they own 930 building, and on Lincoln and MPP I doubt  they have to pay rent at this time...they are operator on those

The big one is rent on Anthem and I would think some arrangement was made with the Wharf developer

Of course there are a ton of other costs and IMP is doing stuff for staff like running a food pantry for which they have to pay staff...I think a lot of the full time staff continues to work...someone is keeping up the social media posts, negotiating with promoters and artists on suspensions, paying the bills, lobbying for support, etc

I just think this is a real big hit...even when you reopen you can’t assume sales will be what they were right? What about shows you were counting on X tickets sold to make a profit? Can you renegotiate with artists? It’s really complex

What about staff? The more this goes on the more people might have to move on and find other work? Move back home (a lot of staff are really young folks)?

It’s a bitch all around...I am sure Donna knows what she is doing though
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 10:10:14 am by hutch »

« Reply #267 on: April 29, 2020, 10:56:43 am »
It’s a bitch all around...I am sure Donna knows what she is doing though
always good when you have a competent captain at the helm...but who could have prepared for this storm
slack

Yada

« Reply #268 on: April 29, 2020, 11:10:22 am »
hutch, work your magic and get Seth in here for an AMA.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #269 on: April 29, 2020, 01:29:12 pm »
hutch, work your magic and get Seth in here for an AMA.

Oh damn, Yada.  One more comment to 7,777