Author Topic: Live in the Age of Covid19  (Read 103215 times)

vansmack

Re: Live in the Age of Covid19
« Reply #285 on: May 10, 2020, 05:47:43 pm »
Not so live but still awesome...U2 at Slane Castle 2001  broadcasting for subscribers right now.

Cheers
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #286 on: May 11, 2020, 09:02:30 am »
Watched this one on Saturday, nice greatest hits set from OMD. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or02GYRDmCE

Not sure how long it will be up, as they took down a Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott concert within a day or two after it premiered.  It was a good concert as well running through lots of Housemartins, Beautiful South and solo tracks.
T.Rex

« Reply #289 on: May 11, 2020, 11:23:58 am »
When will concerts return? A legendary N.J. promoter unpacks an industry in crisis
Yes 1st world problem, but no GA shows for a long time could induce some serious sidehatch depression

Some industry folks have suggested smaller venues could reopen sooner with social distancing measures put in place. Possible or pipe dream?

“Maybe not forever, but for a long time, there's not going to be GA (standing room) shows. I don't know if we'll ever see them again.

Sold out drive in concert
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 11:26:02 am by History written by losers ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lıl »
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #292 on: May 12, 2020, 03:03:25 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRa8ZH_iOXo&feature=youtu.be

The Prince Estate, in partnership with YouTube, will host a three-day streaming event of Prince and the Revolution: Live, a historic concert captured at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, NY on March 30, 1985.

Premiers Thursday, May 14th, at 8 p.m. and will be online for 3 days...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #293 on: May 12, 2020, 04:35:20 pm »
https://www.royalalberthall.com/about-the-hall/news/2020/may/iggy-pop-post-pop-depression-live-at-the-royal-albert-hall-will-be-available-to-stream-for-free-heres-how-to-watch-it/

Iggy Pop’s 2016 Royal Albert Hall show is the latest to see such a release, and this is one we really recommend checking out.

Iggy Pop’s Post Pop Depression – Live at the Royal Albert Hall will premiere on the Eagle Rock YouTube channel from 19:30 BST on Wednesday 13 May 2020 and will be available to stream for free around the world. You can watch set a reminder and watch the performance when released, here:

The tour and accompanying album saw Iggy joined by Queens of the Stone Age musicians Josh Homme, Dean Fertita and Troy Van Leeuwen, as well as Arctic Monkeys drummer Matt Helders. The gig saw the 69-year-old icon deliver “the performance of his life” (Classic Rock).
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #294 on: May 12, 2020, 07:59:52 pm »
Is this the right thread for this post? Sorry I put it in two threads, it's a good read.

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere already. Story by Dave. I couldn't name you a single Foo Fighters song, but I still love this guy and so awesome to live in his hometown. I wonder if he had an above ground pool.

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2020/05/dave-grohl-irreplaceable-thrill-rock-show/611113/

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #295 on: May 15, 2020, 04:38:28 pm »
the future of concerts, you ask?

CLUTCH TO PERFORM VIRTUAL CONCERT MAY 27TH
"LIVE FROM THE DOOM SALOON VOLUME 1"

Clutch will perform a streamed concert titled "Live From The Doom Saloon Volume 1" on May 27th. They will be supported remotely by Crowbar, Blacktop Mojo, and Saul. This unique online concert format has been produced in conjunction with Sound Talent Group (STG), and LiveFrom Events and will use cutting-edge streaming technology to close the distance between the bands and the fans for an amazing virtual concert experience.

Says Neil Fallon: "Over the past weeks, Clutch has been streaming very short sets on our YouTube channel, OfficialClutch. We are excited to announce that we will be playing a much longer set and teaming up with Crowbar, Blacktop Mojo, and Saul for a virtual four-band bill. Doors are at 3:30 PM, Saul goes on at 4 PM, followed by Blacktop Mojo at 4:35 PM and Crowbar at 5:10 PM. Clutch's set will start at approximately 5:55 PM. All times are Eastern Standard Time. Have a beer in your pajamas!"

Pre-registration is available today, with tickets going on sale on Wednesday at 10am EST: www.livefrom.events/DoomSaloon
$9

<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #296 on: May 16, 2020, 09:56:43 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRa8ZH_iOXo&feature=youtu.be

The Prince Estate, in partnership with YouTube, will host a three-day streaming event of Prince and the Revolution: Live, a historic concert captured at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, NY on March 30, 1985.

Premiers Thursday, May 14th, at 8 p.m. and will be online for 3 days...

Re-upping for the weekend... first 30 minutes of this is amazing,  gets a little self indulgent for awhile afterwards but the encore ending with purple rain is awesome
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #297 on: May 18, 2020, 01:54:08 pm »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #298 on: May 18, 2020, 01:55:02 pm »
From the Cure to David Bowie: Hundreds of Hard-to-Find Peel Sessions Cataloged on YouTube
Featuring everyone from The Kinks to Nick Drake to Joy Division
<sig>

« Reply #299 on: May 18, 2020, 02:40:01 pm »
From the Cure to David Bowie: Hundreds of Hard-to-Find Peel Sessions Cataloged on YouTube
Featuring everyone from The Kinks to Nick Drake to Joy Division
I for one can never get enough of Peel Sessions...this compilation all these is incredible!
the COS article links to this site https://davestrickson.blogspot.com/2020/05/john-peel-sessions.html for all the good stuff
slack