Author Topic: Contest: Predict next show to go on at Anthem  (Read 19321 times)

hutch

Re: Contest: Predict next show to go on at Anthem
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2020, 03:31:24 pm »
Maybe it will happen but remember it’s a late September show...maybe tickets can’t go back on sale until they know capacity constraints

Space Freely

« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2020, 03:34:16 pm »
Come on people. I'm being given a choice of sending my kid to school 0 days this Fall or 2 days. There's no way concerts are happening this Fall.

hutch

« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2020, 03:38:39 pm »
I saw that...Arlington schools..man I would say my kids where lucky to get 5% of normal schooling stuff they should have learned March-June

I am pissed

I have this friend who is on Facebook bitching about how hard she has it as a teacher in Fairfax..I am trying hard to resist telling her off! I mean WTF they are totally letting down these kids.. It’s like she wants to get paid for doing nothing...then again she never met a snow flake day she didn’t love

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2020, 06:13:00 pm »
I mean WTF they are totally letting down these kids.. It’s like she wants to get paid for doing nothing...then again she never met a snow flake day she didn’t love

the teachers aren' the ones making these decisions, so let's not be mad a them.

our kids' teacher ended up working much harder during the pandemic than she would have otherwise.  she went out of her way to support both the kids and the parents.  she deserves a frikken medal.

sorry your teachers sucked...
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2020, 06:30:35 pm »
I mean WTF they are totally letting down these kids.. It’s like she wants to get paid for doing nothing...then again she never met a snow flake day she didn’t love

the teachers aren' the ones making these decisions, so let's not be mad a them.

our kids' teacher ended up working much harder during the pandemic than she would have otherwise.  she went out of her way to support both the kids and the parents.  she deserves a frikken medal.

sorry your teachers sucked...

They're not making the decisions, but many are threatening to quit if in-person learning starts again, In fact, they don't think they should go back to in-person work until everyone is vaccinated.

Communication from Association of FFx Professional Educators – AFPE

Educator Unions Urge FCPS to Continue Distance Learning

Fairfax County, VA- On Tuesday, June 23, Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) issued an updated “return to school” plan that appeared to provide employees and students with the option to work and learn in the environment that they feel is most safe for the 2020-2021 school year. FCPS has asked employees and families to select their personal preferences for returning to school for face-to-face instruction or remaining at home for virtual instruction by July 10th. Without providing much more detailed information about each of these options, neither group is able to make an informed decision that this time.

Due to lack of consistency and transparency in the FCPS plan, unions that represent Fairfax County Public Schools employees are calling on FCPS to work with union leadership to develop much more detailed clear and concise implementation plans for both scenarios, well in advance of any selection deadlines for employees and families. When finalizing its plan, FCPS should follow four basic principles, and prioritize: health, expertise, educator voice, access to protection and a focus on equity. Success must be measured far beyond the first few weeks of the new school year.

Given overwhelming educator concern with the ability of FCPS to keep employees and students safe, Association of Fairfax Professional Educators, Fairfax County Federation of Teachers and Fairfax Education Association encourage our respective union members to clearly state their preference for continued virtual learning until such time as adequate information is made available for employees and families to make informed decisions about returning to face-to-face instruction.

“Our educators are overwhelmingly not comfortable returning to schools. They fear for their lives, the lives of their students and the lives of the families,” said Tina Williams, President of Fairfax County Federation of Teachers. “We call on FCPS to put workers and students first by listening to the employees on the frontlines of this crisis. Due to FCPS’ lack of consistency and transparency, we encourage our members to continue with distance learning to keep our community safe.”

“It is absolutely unacceptable that FCPS has established an arbitrary deadline of employees and students to make decisions about the next school year without adequate data or specific information regarding their options,” stated Becca Ferrick, President of Association of Fairfax Professional Educators. “Asking our employees to make such an uninformed decision is akin to asking them to sign a blank check. We will not do that.”

“We believe our community as a whole should not return to in-person learning until a vaccine or treatment is widely available for COVID-19. All staff should be provided the ability to continue virtual instruction as long as there is community spread of this virus,” stated Kimberly Adams, President of the Fairfax Education Association. “We will continue to make every possible effort to assist FCPS in developing a plan that keeps health and safety first.”

https://fairfaxea.org/educator-unions-urge-fcps-to-continue-distance-learning/

hutch

« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2020, 06:31:07 pm »
Yeah I am sorry too..it sucks that they hardly were taught anything

Of course the teachers went by what the administrators told them to do

As far as this specific person I referenced she teaches in the neighboring school district so not my kids

I really don’t want to get to specific here but yeah having a bunch of handouts or telling your kids to use school provided iPad apps with a couple of 30 minute zoom type meetings a week is a joke and is not teaching..it’s a cop out and that’s what Arlington did

You misread my saying MY kids teachers sucked..they didn’t..but the way the county went about it was a cop out

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 06:34:31 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2020, 06:33:20 pm »
Yeah space my acquaintance is in Fairfax and frankly her Facebook posts regarding teaching in Fairfax the past few months and next year...we’ll to put it kindly I find them unseemly

hutch

« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2020, 06:41:01 pm »
I mean fuck it really sucks to have kids with IEPs not getting schooling..they are behind enough as it is!

I am dissatisfied with APS. They took the easy way out.

And many kids may pay the consequences for the rest of their lives.. Why couldn’t the teachers zoom teach actual stuff three hours a day? Handouts and apps even with parental support only go so far

Then the summer school for kids that need extra help is condensed to like one 30 minute zooming session per week for 6-8 weeks instead of five hours a day

It’s a joke..

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2020, 08:55:59 pm »
I mean fuck it really sucks to have kids with IEPs not getting schooling..they are behind enough as it is!
IEP students actually get the services outlined in their IEP sporadically even in good conditions. Truly a subset of our young we all* just collectively agreed we’d look the other way on.

(* Not literally “all” obviously.)
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2020, 10:18:45 am »
Anyone think the Wilco/Sleater show at Merriweather August 21 will actually happen? Hall & Oates/Squeeze August 22?

Kind of am interested in both though I was targeting Rocktober for my concert return

hutch

« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2020, 11:50:01 am »
NBA Youngboy 8/7 just postponed

Next show still standing Marshmello 8/31

hutch

« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2020, 11:55:53 am »
Marshmello is now cancelled

Next up For King and Country 9-13

Coheed and Cambria also cancelled

If King and Country is cancelled looking at Beach Boys in December I think...the last scheduled show for 2020

Sad....looking like no more shows at Anthem in 2020 is a real possibility
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 11:57:55 am by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2020, 11:57:28 am »
For king and country moved to May 2021

Only show on Anthem schedule for 2020 is The Beach Boys December 5

« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2020, 12:03:01 pm »
Only show on Anthem schedule for 2020 is The Beach Boys December 5
with an avg age of 76 ...and a fan base of similar age range...I really doubt this is happening
slack

hutch

« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2020, 12:08:51 pm »
Hey isn’t that dude from Full House in Beach Boys? John Stanos. Doesn’t he bring age down?

Remember I think these aren’t really The Beach Boys more like Mike Love and his Beach Boys

I mean Brian Wilson is kookoo..Carl Wilson gone...Dennis Wilson gone etc

Unclear to me if Al Jardine or Bruce Johnston are participating

I have to say never have “gotten” The Beach Boys
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 12:16:27 pm by hutch »