Author Topic: Last concert you attended before the hammer came down?  (Read 2575 times)

gavroche

Re: Last concert you attended before the hammer came down?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 08:56:49 pm »
Wire - Union Stage.  March 9.  I felt like it was the standard crowd size for a 43 year old band on a Monday night.  Typical Wire setlist, heavy on the new album and spread out through the rest of their career.  Two from IBTABA (not Eardrum Buzz) and one from Manscape. Of course no 12XU.  Only mention of the virus was before the encore, Graham Nolan asked if we hadn't been touching anyone and then said "I'm not touching anyone again, ever!"  Colin Newman made some joke about that (which I forget) and they ripped into a song "about bugs" - Outdoor Miner followed by one of those unplayable songs "Former Airline".  Good Wire show.

I wanted to go to this show.  It was definitely a COVID-19 casualty for me.  Not so much concern for myself as I could tell shit was going to be closing down and I needed the time to do some other stuff.  I hope I get to see them again.

Vas Deferens

Re: Last concert you attended before the hammer came down?
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2020, 08:28:32 am »
Wire are not a "great" live act but you always end up kicking yourself when you miss them.
(_|_)