Author Topic: I miss concerts  (Read 9265 times)

hutch

Re: I miss concerts
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2020, 07:32:37 am »
That’s crazy there were shows so quickly

“One of the things that sucks about this pandemic is you can’t get together with others”

- Captain Obvious

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2020, 07:44:27 am »
- Captain Obvious
I think he was promoted to a general
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2020, 08:09:53 am »

“One of the things that sucks about this pandemic is you can’t get together with others”

- Captain Obvious

After 9/11? That's the kind of thinking I don't understand. Those hijackings were isolated events. It wasn't like they were going to spontaneously keep happening.

The pandemic is a whole new ball game. It's not a finite one day catastrophe. Unless we finally say fuck it, all this effort isn't worth it, let's take our chances and try to approximate life as it was before.

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2020, 08:33:34 am »

- Captain Obvious

After 9/11? That's the kind of thinking I don't understand. Those hijackings were isolated events. It wasn't like they were going to spontaneously keep happening.
I think in the days after 9/11 people had no idea what to expect and I do think there was a fear that more was coming
I remember SNL doing a live show was a really big deal and that wasn't until 9/29!
but I agree it was totally different

After Paul Simon did a tear-jerker of the Boxer with the firefighters and police officers standing behind, who had just come Ground Zero, with the dust of the rubble still showing on their uniforms

to think Giuliani had one of the best punch lines of all time

“Can we be funny?” Lorne Michaels asked
“Why start now?” Giuliani responded
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:40:46 am by Concast-ic hatch ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lıl »
slack

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2020, 08:42:33 am »
slack

hutch

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2020, 09:18:33 am »

After 9-11 flights were grounded..hell the president disappeared!

the fact that shows were held in the capital - a city that was attacked (Pentagon) and targeted (Capitol) only a few days after 9-11 is surprising

I guess people just forget the panic and insane overreaction that grew out of 9-11....we spent the rest of the decade flinging missiles wherever

I remember returning to the US in late 2002 and people were still scared...you could hardly even walk near a government building or metro station without people eyeing you suspiciously

How quickly people forget

Space Freely

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2020, 09:47:25 am »

After 9-11 flights were grounded..hell the president disappeared!

the fact that shows were held in the capital - a city that was attacked (Pentagon) and targeted (Capitol) only a few days after 9-11 is surprising

I guess people just forget the panic and insane overreaction that grew out of 9-11....we spent the rest of the decade flinging missiles wherever

I remember returning to the US in late 2002 and people were still scared...you could hardly even walk near a government building or metro station without people eyeing you suspiciously

How quickly people forget

People didn't look at me suspiciously.

Do you think people will look back on the COVID and say we insanely overreacted?

hutch

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2020, 10:24:58 am »
Overreacted to over 100,000 dead in a few weeks from a pandemic?

What “people”?

You?

You probably will...you’re angry about the inconvenience it caused you and your kid...

Republicans?

Definitely leaning in that direction

The rest....?

Have to wait and see how it plays out...

I doubt in NYC people think we overreacted

I mean we were heading towards 2 million dead!
Hard to see how we overreacted but knowing Americans stupidity anything is possible

The rest of the world looks at us and thinks we severely under reacted and caused tens of thousands of people to die who needn’t have
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 10:27:16 am by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2020, 01:17:04 pm »
I mean WTF to anyone who even slightly thinks we overreacted

I know three people that lost family to covid..one lost TWO

Just not in the mood for that bullshit
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 01:24:24 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2020, 01:48:16 pm »

WALKonBack

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2020, 08:23:19 pm »
Nissan is doing this for any 2020, canceled  or rescheduled show:

Receive a credit for 150% of your purchase (including fees). So if you spent $200 on tickets, you will receive $300 in credit!

This credit can be used for a future ticket purchase at over 100 Live Nation Venues through 2022 (including Jiffy Lube Live & Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater at Virginia Beach).

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2020, 09:14:50 pm »
^smart move
 I rarely if ever go to those venues, so won't really benifit from that
slack

hutch

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2020, 11:45:51 am »
https://www.pollstar.com/article/the-comeback-how-the-concert-business-is-going-about-it-144458

I guess if we don’t care about losing tens of thousands of Americans concerts can come back earlier....

vansmack

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2020, 12:21:09 pm »
The only trip I missed was my annual trip to see you guys in April - major bummer there, though in two weeks I was supposed to be in Maui.

And SF certainly does not think we over reacted.  850,000 people living in 7 square miles and we've had 31 deaths.  It's nearly a point of pride at this point...
27>34

K8teebug

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2020, 02:35:34 pm »
We watched the Austin City Limits doc this weekend and it made me miss concerts soooo much.