Author Topic: The Home Improvement Thread  (Read 53163 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Home Improvement Thread
« Reply #285 on: January 19, 2021, 04:44:37 pm »
I think your neighbor sucks...

You said you live in an area full of Trump supporters?

I think Trump won my district maybe by like a 53 to 47 margin. It's not like i live in rural Montana. Though i bet the margin is larger among white people.

hutch

« Reply #286 on: January 19, 2021, 04:47:13 pm »
Well that’s your problem..too many assholes

That kind of stuff wouldn’t go down on my street...

My advice: move

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #287 on: January 19, 2021, 04:50:20 pm »
hey wait - you have a (lovely!) dog.  therefore you have dog food in the house, therefore you have MEAT IN YOUR HOUSE - YOU'RE NOT A TRUE VEGETARIAN!!!  i'm reporting your hypocrisy to the secret tofu worshipping society!!!
Dogs can follow a vegan diet. Cats, on the other hand, are obligate carnivores.

I don't believe in forcing my veggie beliefs onto anybody. Hence, I honor my dog's request for dog good with chicken in it.
I also don't care at all if anyone follows my veggie lead so I hear you. I was just saying, from a factual standpoint, that the existence of a dog does not mean the dog's owner is giving it meat as many (some?) people do in fact have dogs that follow vegetarian or vegan diets.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #288 on: January 19, 2021, 05:17:52 pm »
Well that’s your problem..too many assholes

That kind of stuff wouldn’t go down on my street...

My advice: move

Not moving. I'll be mailing a copy of the ordinance to the dog neighbor, or dropping it off on doorstep.

Dog neighbor is my backyard neighbor, so he's actually on a different street.

I'd say Springfield is 53-47 Trump (lots of military), but my (small) block on my street is pretty diverse. On my right, I have a New York Puerto Rican family and on my left I have an Argentinian family. Across the street are an Iranian couple, next to them is an elderly French couple, and down the street is an Ethiopian (guessing on that one) family, a Filipino family (actually, they're not Filipino, they're from a small South Pacific island, but i'm forgetting where, though i could go look at the bumper sticker on their car and it would job my memory, a Latino-American/Asian-American interracial family, and a family with lesbian heads of household (maybe they moved, haven't seen them lately.)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #289 on: January 19, 2021, 05:19:52 pm »
I wonder if Neil Young's dog is vegetarian.

hutch

« Reply #290 on: January 19, 2021, 05:21:38 pm »
Ok that does sound pretty cool!

Is anyone else bothered by the dog barking at 4 am?

« Reply #291 on: January 19, 2021, 05:24:45 pm »

Realized that our outdoor hospitality game was a zero
Looking forward to the outdoor jam at casa du-challenged in...2022?
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #292 on: January 19, 2021, 05:36:57 pm »
I was just saying, from a factual standpoint, that the existence of a dog does not mean the dog's owner is giving it meat as many (some?) people do in fact have dogs that follow vegetarian or vegan diets.

"some people" - how many? you are correct that this is technically possible, however this argument is just a notch below "asinine." 
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #293 on: January 19, 2021, 05:39:29 pm »
Ok that does sound pretty cool!

Is anyone else bothered by the dog barking at 4 am?

Not sure. I  have the contact info for only one of the other neighbors who actually borders dog neighbor. My wife was going to reach out to other border neighbors in some kind of petition like fashion, but knocking on doors during COVID is probably ill-advised.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #294 on: January 19, 2021, 06:14:44 pm »

Realized that our outdoor hospitality game was a zero
Looking forward to the outdoor jam at casa du-challenged in...2022?

Fully expect major drum-circle action by April 2022.

« Reply #295 on: January 19, 2021, 06:16:48 pm »
I was just saying, from a factual standpoint, that the existence of a dog does not mean the dog's owner is giving it meat as many (some?) people do in fact have dogs that follow vegetarian or vegan diets.

"some people" - how many? you are correct that this is technically possible, however this argument is just a notch below "asinine."
Have you met vegans? I’m on several local vegan Facebook groups (because they have good restaurant recommendations) and I would say over half of them that have dogs feed the dog vegan diets. I have a vegan neighbor who feeds their dog a meatless diet. There are many brands of vegan dog foods.

Is this a huge proportion of the dog owning population? No, but it’s not like they’re rare unicorns no one will ever see in the wild.
LVMH

« Reply #296 on: January 19, 2021, 06:37:17 pm »
I’m on several local vegan Facebook groups
He's thinking of possible epitaphs?
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #297 on: January 20, 2021, 03:24:49 pm »

what i'm trying to figure out is where "how many vegan facebook groups i'm on" ranks in the dick-measuring scale.  pretty high, methinks. 
<sig>

« Reply #298 on: January 20, 2021, 03:28:30 pm »

what i'm trying to figure out is where "how many vegan facebook groups i'm on" ranks in the dick-measuring scale.  pretty high, methinks.
Honestly, I think it’s one of those where you want to be in the negative numbers. Now “I think you should leave” meme groups — more the better.
LVMH

« Reply #299 on: January 20, 2021, 09:58:56 pm »
Now to be referred to as: IOSLVFBG
slack