Author Topic: 2021 Albums  (Read 26090 times)

Space Freely

Re: 2021 Albums
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2021, 10:10:45 pm »
Arlo Parks, Collapsed in Sunbeams

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2021, 10:34:25 pm »
Bezos where is my vinyl!
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2021, 11:35:31 pm »
LVMH

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2021, 01:10:21 am »
New Goat Girl album, On All Fours, is out today. Really enjoyed it. Also liking new Shame - Drunk Tank Pink which was out earlier in January. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2021, 03:28:02 pm »
Bezos where is my vinyl!

he has been demoted as a result of this foul-up.  we apologize for your less-than-perfect experience with this purchase.   
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2021, 03:31:20 pm »
award for most annoying "musicians" goes to:

US toddler to release debut album recorded in the womb
Luca Yupanqui was recorded by her parents using ‘biosonic MIDI technology’

An American toddler, Luca Yupanqui, is gearing up to release her debut album, the world’s first LP made from sounds inside the womb.

Her parents are Elizabeth Hart, a member of psych-rock band Psychic Ills, and musician Iván Diaz Mathé, who has worked with Lee “Scratch” Perry and others. In five hour-long “joint meditation” sessions, they recorded Yupanqui in utero via electrodes on Hart’s abdomen, and using “biosonic MIDI technology” transcribed the vibrations they picked up into synthesisers.

The recordings were then edited down, with Hart and Diaz Mathé “trying to intervene as little as possible, allowing Luca’s message to exist in its raw form”, according to a statement. The album, Sounds of the Unborn, will be released on 2 April.

(link to youtube of a track)

Already exhibiting the kind of confidence required by rock stars, Yupanqui is apparently a fan of her own work. “Her awareness of what was happening was astounding,” said label Sacred Bones, regarding the mixing sessions when Yupanqui was a baby. “She would open her eyes wide and stare at her parents, seemingly recognising her own sounds from the womb, knowing that they were revisiting those rituals that made them come together as one.”

OMG... the pretentiousness...
<sig>

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2021, 03:47:51 pm »
worked with Lee “Scratch” Perry and others. In five hour-long “joint meditation” sessions,
Would like to hear more about these joint sessions with Lee "scratch"  perry
slack

hutch

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2021, 04:10:29 pm »
Multiple copies of the Arlo Parks LP at CD cellar..$24.99

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2021, 10:36:32 am »
A moment of silence for Julian's bank account, the new versions of Taylor's albums are headed his way

"I’m thrilled to tell you that my new version of Fearless (Taylor’s Version) is done and will be with you soon. It has 26 songs including 6 never before released songs from the vault. Love Story (Taylor’s Version) will be out tonight."

Also, new Django Django out tomorrow called "Glowing In The Dark"

And I'm enjoying the new Celeste album, not getting the indie buzz of Arlo Parks, but a great record nonetheless.
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2021, 10:57:05 am »
Bonnie Prince Billy/Matthew Sweeney  releasing a follow up to one of my favorite albums of the 2000s. Their first album still gets regular airtime in my home.

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/matt-sweeney-bonnie-prince-billy-announce-superwolves-lp-share-hall-of-death/

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2021, 03:44:14 pm »
And I'm enjoying the new Celeste album

good to see a former boardee is still putting out music.  someone should ask James Ford for his review.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2021, 03:46:39 pm »

good to see a former boardee is still putting out music.  someone should ask James Ford for his review.
I'm reviewing it for BigYawn as we speak.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2021, 04:09:31 pm »

Well my name's not James Ford, but i can tell you I've heard a couple of tracks and agree with Kosmo that it's good stuff.

James Ford would probably have something snarkier to say.

hutch

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2021, 04:12:40 pm »
JamesFord is busy being one of the producers of the moment

Once he put Simian Mobile Disco to bed and hooked up with the Arctic Monkeys and his career took off it’s no wonder he had no time for this board

Just look at his work for Jessie Ware

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2021, 05:15:22 pm »

Well my name's not James Ford, but i can tell you I've heard a couple of tracks and agree with Kosmo that it's good stuff.

James Ford would probably have something snarkier to say.

my expectation is that James Ford would have noted the "still putting out" portion, ignored the "music" that came immediately after, and proceed to provide confirmation that sex is indeed still being had on the reg.
<sig>