Author Topic: The Schadenfreude thread  (Read 39831 times)

Re: The Schadenfreude thread
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2021, 03:39:58 pm »
looks like it's just 45's latest money-grab, 99% chance he cashes out immediately after going public (let the rubes hold this turd)
Trump’s Truth Social Media Platform Plans to Go Public via SPAC
Former president says Trump Media & Technology Group will create Truth Social to combat large social-media platforms

i really expected better from Wall Street:

Trump SPAC skyrockets as much as 1,657% since deal was announced

"This is clearly meme stock territory. It's totally disconnected from fundamentals. There are no known fundamentals," said Kennedy, who warned investors that $10 should be looked at as the floor for this stock.
"Be prepared to lose potentially everything else," he said. "This is a stock trading purely on momentum."
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2021, 04:20:04 am »
Former President Donald Trump’s new social media site — The Truth Social — appears to be based on computer code that was appropriated from another source and may well result in him getting smacked with a lawsuit, according to a report from Gizmodo

What could all of this mean for the future of Truth Social (if Trump was sued over code theft)? Probably that the site won’t be able to launch anytime soon, and even if it does, it would likely be tied up in court for years, meaning that Donald Trump would still be without a platform to spread his hatred, lies, and conspiracy theories. That alone is the very good news indeed.
<sig>

« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2021, 01:42:22 pm »
Former President Donald Trump’s new social media site — The Truth Social — appears to be based on computer code that was appropriated from another source and may well result in him getting smacked with a lawsuit, according to a report from Gizmodo

What could all of this mean for the future of Truth Social (if Trump was sued over code theft)? Probably that the site won’t be able to launch anytime soon, and even if it does, it would likely be tied up in court for years, meaning that Donald Trump would still be without a platform to spread his hatred, lies, and conspiracy theories. That alone is the very good news indeed.
yes, but the checks were cashed and that's all that really matters
slack

« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2021, 05:26:03 pm »
Aaron Parnas@AaronParnas
Marjorie Taylor Greene has been fined 20 times by the Ethics Committee for her failures to wear a mask. $48,000 has now been deducted from her salary.
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2021, 06:50:48 pm »
hint: MTG is in congress for neither the money (re: taking away her salary), nor to govern (re: taking away her committee assignments)... so there is little that can be done to influence her behavior.  she's essentially an untouchable misbehaving employee. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 07:21:50 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2021, 07:01:05 pm »
she's essentially an untouchable misbehaving employee.
I love that analogy
slack

« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2021, 03:15:10 pm »
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2021, 06:26:13 pm »
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2021, 06:45:25 pm »
A double schadenfreude

William Hartmann, the Republican member of the Wayne County Board of Canvassers who made national headlines for initially refusing to certify the results of the 2020 presidential election, died Tuesday following a battle with COVID-19.

https://twitter.com/crooksandliars/status/1466436509897216008?s=21

Also an anti-vaxxer

Shocked face

T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2021, 07:13:00 pm »
Not really sure where this one falls but

Crazy conspiracy Q-heads buying Faraday cages for their WiFi routers and then writing bad reviews because their wireless no longer

https://twitter.com/bradbatt/status/1334746387003695104?s=21
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2021, 02:46:12 pm »
looks like it's just 45's latest money-grab, 99% chance he cashes out immediately after going public (let the rubes hold this turd)
Trump’s Truth Social Media Platform Plans to Go Public via SPAC
Former president says Trump Media & Technology Group will create Truth Social to combat large social-media platforms

i really expected better from Wall Street:

Trump SPAC skyrockets as much as 1,657% since deal was announced

"This is clearly meme stock territory. It's totally disconnected from fundamentals. There are no known fundamentals," said Kennedy, who warned investors that $10 should be looked at as the floor for this stock.
"Be prepared to lose potentially everything else," he said. "This is a stock trading purely on momentum."

you know what happens when you hype a stock with no fundamentals?  you get investigated by federal regulators.  shocking, i tell you.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2021, 03:08:42 pm »
$10 Trump doesn’t end in jail and gets to keep the money

You think he cares about being investigated?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2021, 06:31:26 pm »
not disagreeing with you.

at best, investors have been given yet another signal to not invest in trump.  TBD if they take the hint.
<sig>

« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2021, 07:15:39 pm »
TBD if they take the hint.
I gotta imagine it's a badge of honor to have been scammed by the Cheeto
slack