Author Topic: Official 930 Supreme Court thread  (Read 31052 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Official 930 Supreme Court thread
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2022, 02:22:21 pm »
But go to most big urban areas and voting is hell. Outdated machines and huge lines election after election. Democrats expect people to wait in line for five hours sometimes in the freezing cold or rain. We see this time and time again in places like Miami, Philly, Atlanta, Detroit! Coincidentally most of these places have been run my Democrats for 50 years?
You're very much showing your ass on this topic. Miami doesn't get to decide how many polling places they have and when to spend money on new machines -- these elections are overseen and funded at the state level where the GOP holds most the executive branches (including critically in most of the states of the cities you list, the Secretary of State's office) and VERY INTENTIONALLY try to make it much harder for urban population centers to vote. Remember those stories in 2020 about exactly one place to early vote in the entire county that included Houston, America's 4th largest city? That's why! The GOP powers that be that control the state designed the precincts this way and try to restrict early voting which would cut down on giant lines that are designed to incentivize people to give up and leave. Same goes for Atlanta/Georgia!

Perhaps you should stick to music trivia and accumulating scooters and stop lecturing the adults on topics you don't know jackshit about.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 02:24:33 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2022, 02:34:58 pm »
Hey Jackie, don’t insult me Fuckface! Not in the mood

But you are wrong! This doesn’t happen just in states that D never have positions in power to control the electoral process. I mean there have been times Democrats have had control over local elections and they just don’t fix the problem

Sure Republicans are up to hanky Panky but even in DC voting is not as easy as many other non urban places?

But yeah you want to talk respectfully fine. You want to just insult go fuck yourself

Democrats talk a big game but there have been plenty of Democrats in control of VA and voting is not the same in Richmond as other parts. You know that
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 02:37:39 pm by Starsky »

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2022, 02:43:15 pm »
Deep cleansing breaths everyone.

Space Freely

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2022, 02:49:50 pm »
But go to most big urban areas and voting is hell. Outdated machines and huge lines election after election. Democrats expect people to wait in line for five hours sometimes in the freezing cold or rain. We see this time and time again in places like Miami, Philly, Atlanta, Detroit! Coincidentally most of these places have been run my Democrats for 50 years?
You're very much showing your ass on this topic. Miami doesn't get to decide how many polling places they have and when to spend money on new machines -- these elections are overseen and funded at the state level where the GOP holds most the executive branches (including critically in most of the states of the cities you list, the Secretary of State's office) and VERY INTENTIONALLY try to make it much harder for urban population centers to vote. Remember those stories in 2020 about exactly one place to early vote in the entire county that included Houston, America's 4th largest city? That's why! The GOP powers that be that control the state designed the precincts this way and try to restrict early voting which would cut down on giant lines that are designed to incentivize people to give up and leave. Same goes for Atlanta/Georgia!

Perhaps you should stick to music trivia and accumulating scooters and stop lecturing the adults on topics you don't know jackshit about.

A+. Hearkening back to the glory days of the forum with that vitriolic rant.

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2022, 02:55:46 pm »
I am the Salmon
coo coo ca-choo

I will say one thing that I give starsky credit for is the Hispanic vote

I think it was assumed they were bankable dem votes...really not turning out to be the case
I'm waiting for the GOP to start embracing the caravan and yelling 'tear down that wall'
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 02:58:02 pm by useless side-tangent ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2022, 04:06:12 pm »
all this talk about goosing your own side's vote, and suppressing the other side's vote is patently undemocratic.  this is where our democracy is at - SAD.

what ever happened to needing to get the middle & independents on your side in order to win?
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2022, 04:12:06 pm »
<sig>

« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2022, 04:16:59 pm »
what ever happened to needing to get the middle & independents on your side in order to win?
they no longer exist or don't vote
slack

« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2022, 06:10:45 am »
https://apnews.com/e50db07385831e67f866ec45402be8b9

More than 1 million voters across 43 states have switched to the Republican Party over the last year, according to voter registration

Although….

At least some of the newly registered Republicans are actually Democrats who crossed over to vote against Trump-backed candidates in GOP primaries. Such voters are likely to vote Democratic again this November.

Edit- this should have gone in the dems in disarray thread :(
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 09:08:55 am by I am the Cuttlefish ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2022, 10:26:38 am »
all this talk about goosing your own side's vote, and suppressing the other side's vote is patently undemocratic.
Yeah we goose it a little bit. It’s an old circus term. Goose suit.
LVMH

« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2022, 10:32:39 am »
. Goose suit.
this is what I imagine Jules is thinking..
slack

« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2022, 10:36:57 am »
Democrats talk a big game but there have been plenty of Democrats in control of VA a
Correct me if I'm wrong...but in the entire 30 years I've been in this area...the dems had 'control' in the state legislature only for a brief time
and even then, barely got anything to stick long term

Maybe a few governors and certainly a few senators...but those don't help when it comes to how voting is done in VA

with headlines like this, I can't imagine I'm off on this thought
Virginia Democrats take control of state legislature for first time in over two decades
slack

LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2022, 12:06:31 pm »
Congrats to certain 2016 voters, you have now helped to create a legislative body of six...

Today's SCOTUS ruling states that States now have jurisdiction over certain crimes in Indian Country by judicial fiat, despite hundreds of years of congressional action, against solid #SCOTUS precedent, and hundreds of years of history.

https://twitter.com/MaggieBlackhawk/status/1542147095750213633?s=20&t=Cnk7d2yyc2Kama6D7xIxig

EPA we hardly knew you...  Hello pollution, etc, etc  in red states!!!

Up next the now an evitable  litany of conservative wet dream policies to be put in place and rubber stamped by six people

T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2022, 12:26:54 pm »
Breyer leaves tomorrow.