Author Topic: The Armageddon Election 2024 Or Apocalypse 2024  (Read 71850 times)

Yada

Re: The Armageddon Election 2024 Or Apocalypse 2024
« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2023, 03:18:06 pm »
I am not freaking but he is unpopular and most think he is too old.

Inflation is incredibly high. Hunter Biden's behavior was, at best, shady. The climate is on fire. Totalitarianism strongment are winning the world over. Biden has given up on inspiring anyone and has decided to play it safe and be better than the alternative. And add in the fact that he just cannot communicate. Of course he's unpopular, he's not even trying to be popular.

Basically since Obama, I've given up completely... Couldn't care less who wins at this point. All the front runners are bums.

« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2023, 03:27:33 pm »
looks like your boy  Larry Hogan will be on the no labels ticket...
slack

hutch

« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2023, 05:14:10 pm »

Inflation is incredibly high. Hunter Biden's behavior was, at best, shady. The climate is on fire. Totalitarianism strongment are winning the world over. Biden has given up on inspiring anyone and has decided to play it safe and be better than the alternative. And add in the fact that he just cannot communicate. Of course he's unpopular, he's not even trying to be popular.

Basically since Obama, I've given up completely... Couldn't care less who wins at this point. All the front runners are bums.

Trying but can’t blame Biden for any of it….even having a shady son

The most I could blame him for is the additional stimulus check once he took power adding to inflation pressures …but that was a tough call in early 2021…still in retrospect looks like an error… yet the US economy weathered covid better than any other so there is that

One can hardly blame Biden for the March of authoritarianism or climate change…that was already happening and not really things a US President can address by himself

nkotb

« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2023, 05:19:32 pm »
Being president of the US rules...most powerful person in the world who has exactly zero ability to influence things for the better!

gavroche

« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2023, 10:27:18 pm »

Trying but can’t blame Biden for any of it….even having a shady son

The most I could blame him for is the additional stimulus check once he took power adding to inflation pressures …but that was a tough call in early 2021…still in retrospect looks like an error… yet the US economy weathered covid better than any other so there is that

One can hardly blame Biden for the March of authoritarianism or climate change…that was already happening and not really things a US President can address by himself

I blame Biden for pleny of policy.

But it's his inability to actually communicate that is the real thing dragging him down.  Whatever you think about Trump, he is an effective communiactor.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2023, 10:29:56 pm »
Whatever you think about Trump, he is an effective communiactor.

bigly 🙄

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2023, 10:38:10 pm »
Trump is an effective communicator only in the most blunt way possible. Require him to use any nuance at all and he morphs into static.
😐 🎶

« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2023, 10:39:13 pm »
morphs into static.
hey that's the title of my next ep
slack

gavroche

« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2023, 10:51:54 pm »
Trump is an effective communicator only in the most blunt way possible. Require him to use any nuance at all and he morphs into static.

I can't explain why he's effective. I don't think it should work, but it obviously does.  I mean, DeSantis tries to ape him and can't.  Same with Cruz and Abbott.

hutch

« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2023, 12:50:23 am »
Being president of the US rules...most powerful person in the world who has exactly zero ability to influence things for the better!

There you go again….there is a big difference between the Biden presidency and the Trump presidency. If you don’t see that…

I mean what do you people want? He should have kidnapped and tortured Manchin until he got his vote on the climate change bill?

gavroche

« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2023, 06:43:33 am »

There you go again….there is a big difference between the Biden presidency and the Trump presidency. If you don’t see that…

I mean what do you people want? He should have kidnapped and tortured Manchin until he got his vote on the climate change bill?

Biden has tons of executive authorities that he could have used on climate and refused. Staring with EPA refs that have been slow and weaker than necessary, to DOI that has continued to approve drilling, to DOE that is approving gas exports to FERC which stalled its greenhouse gas rules. There is simply no way to say that Biden has been aggressive on the issue or treated it as a crisis. It might be bad politics for him to do so, he certainly thinks it is, but it doesn’t mean he can’t or that young voters scared about the issue don’t see it.

But I still think his biggest issue is communication style. He’s just not been very good at selling what he has done, and ultimately that’s as important as what you’ve actually done.

hutch

« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2023, 08:20:23 am »
Uh oh…you seem to actually know what you are talking about….

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2023, 08:38:38 am »
The thing is republican's love to tout the spending of federal money for their states/districts which they voted against.  how is biden suppose to counter that...

also, as someone pointed out where was the media coverage of Biden of announcing 16 Billion dollars in infrastructure spending in Delaware the other day.  oh wait i'm being told it was more important to provide coverage of someone throwing yet another public tantrum in a courtroom, my bad
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #148 on: November 08, 2023, 09:03:43 am »
Beshear 2024!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #149 on: November 08, 2023, 09:26:44 am »
Not sure who that is but I'm thinking

Whitmer and someone from VA 2024