Author Topic: The Armageddon Election 2024 Or Apocalypse 2024  (Read 103214 times)

hutch

Re: The Armageddon Election 2024 Or Apocalypse 2024
« Reply #871 on: October 13, 2024, 07:23:26 pm »
Starting to think she is an idiot.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #872 on: October 14, 2024, 03:52:24 am »
I go by RCP not Nate Silver.

here's an interesting take on why RCP might not be as rock-solid as some think (please ignore the sky-is-falling text, and just watch the video)

who knows if this guy is right, but IMO it adds more fuel to the "polls can't be trusted" fire - so an average of polls is equally, if not more, suspect.

suggestion: stop doom-scrolling polls

another take: Republican Pollsters Are Flooding the 2024 Election Averages
<sig>

« Reply #873 on: October 15, 2024, 07:45:28 am »
welp at least he is getting a lot of bad press about his mental state, seemed that was only fodder for the dem candidate

Worst Coachella performance ever

although the nyt  made is seem like it was all according to plan
« Last Edit: October 15, 2024, 07:51:09 am by election-hatch lııllı|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #874 on: October 15, 2024, 07:55:49 am »
oh and the GQP retorhic created another comet ping pong incident, thankfully no one was harmed

Man with assault rifle arrested after reports ‘armed militia’ were hunting hurricane relief workers
slack

« Reply #875 on: October 15, 2024, 03:33:52 pm »
I think they lost the drudge report a while back, but this is still surprising (click image for link)

And the hard truth is this:

Donald Trump is a no-joke authoritarian psycho.
Sorry, but that doesn’t make me a liberal, which I’m not. Or a neocon, which I’m not. Or a tool of the Deep State, which I’m not. It just makes me a clear-eyed acknowledger of objective reality. I understand reality’s not for everyone.
Slack Tide by Matt Labash

Koz...he name drops Karl Wallinger and gives him a whole paragraph
« Last Edit: October 15, 2024, 03:37:59 pm by election-hatch lııllı|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #876 on: October 15, 2024, 03:59:47 pm »
Trump to do Joe Rogan just announced

I think harris should too, would be funny if she just showed up the day of his taping and asked if she could join in
his head would explode
finally the Harris campaign team is listening to me
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/kamala-harris-could-join-podcaster-joe-rogan-an-interview-sources-2024-10-15/
slack

nkotb

« Reply #877 on: October 15, 2024, 05:05:08 pm »

hutch

« Reply #878 on: October 15, 2024, 05:50:25 pm »
« Last Edit: October 15, 2024, 07:24:03 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #879 on: October 15, 2024, 07:28:25 pm »
Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhh

hutch

« Reply #880 on: October 15, 2024, 09:37:11 pm »
When I wrote I check out RCP I just meant I look at their numbers. Am not saying they don’t include shaky polls but you can still read trends and also I like their presentation of numbers comparing to 2020 and 2016. I also think the fact 66% of Americans think the country is on the wrong track is an issue, the fact she was anointed without going through a primary, picking Walz, and just not being a good fit for PA, MI and WI all have to be taken into account . I think Nate Silver’s site is really weak in comparison to RCP. He just feeds info into a model and comes out with “if we ran the model 1000 times Kamala would win 558 but they are essentially tied”… I like looking at the numbers for myself. And a week to ten days ago I began to notice Trump’s numbers moving in the right direction (this trend has intensified ). Then I filter what I see through what I think is happening. This is very subjective of course. Then I look at the campaigns and what I think candidates are doing and if it’s what I think they should be doing. At the end of the day it’s all subjective other than the fact Trump has been doing better since the debate. That in it of itself doesn’t mean he will win. But when I look at the trends, my instincts and what the campaigns are doing(the Harris approach is a replay of Hillary: Trump is a wacko) and their  messaging.

We are three weeks out. I think barring some crazy surprise in 5 days this election is over. It may already be over. I don’t believe in these mythical undecideds or that Harris can win over dudes that listen to Rogan. All she should be doing/should have been doing is energizing her base to get out and go to the trouble of voting for her. Giving people reasons to vote FOR her and not just AGAINST him.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2024, 09:40:18 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #881 on: October 15, 2024, 09:50:21 pm »
The D campaign has just been one error after another. Biden should never have agreed to debate. And if he agreed to debate it should have been way later in the calendar. After the debate democrats should have stuck with Joe instead of making him step down. Then D went with Harris (another mistake). Then Harris picked Walz (another mistake). Then Harris said she would not have done anything differently from Joe (another mistake).

It really has been a debacle and once again democrats are poised to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory just like 2000 and 2016.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2024, 10:07:36 pm by hutch »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #882 on: October 15, 2024, 11:36:25 pm »
After the debate democrats should have stuck with Joe instead of making him step down.

dude put down the crack pipe

joe had ZERO chance of winning after that debate, and you know it.  i get that you believe that trump will win, and it's not a crazy position to take, but let's not change history to fit a current narrative

once again democrats are poised to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory just like 2000 and 2016.

ancient history.  most relevant example is the most recent... remind me how that went?

i look forward to posting a compendium of your doom-and-gloom posts once harris is prez-elect
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #883 on: Today at 03:36:56 am »
After the debate democrats should have stuck with Joe instead of making him step down.

dude put down the crack pipe

joe had ZERO chance of winning after that debate, and you know it.  i get that you believe that trump will win, and it's not a crazy position to take, but let's not change history to fit a current narrative

once again democrats are poised to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory just like 2000 and 2016.

ancient history.  most relevant example is the most recent... remind me how that went?

i look forward to posting a compendium of your doom-and-gloom posts once harris is prez-elect

I stand by my comment regarding dumping Biden. His numbers cratered AFTER democrats called for him to step down particularly Obama.

2020 is an outlier because of COVID and had it not been for the pandemic Trump would have been re-elected.

I really hope to read that compendium.