Author Topic: The Armageddon Election 2024 Or Apocalypse 2024  (Read 104278 times)

hutch

Re: The Armageddon Election 2024 Or Apocalypse 2024
« Reply #885 on: October 16, 2024, 08:53:22 am »
Of course he was down but so what? He had plenty of time to come back and he was only down cause WE democrats abandoned him. We would have come back to him. The campaign still had to be run!!! It was very early!!

Anyways is that how we run things? If a guy is down in the polls we replace him with someone nobody actually voted on?? That’s fucked up and extremely un democratic. I would have taken my chances with Scranton Joe in PA over Harris any day.

One can’t say because he was down in the polls with US democrats that we couldn’t have come back to him faced with a Trump presidency.

And as far as I remember the polls it was when Obama said he should not be the candidate..well not even said actually just in a cowardly matter told people who then reported it…it was only then that his support bottomed..that was the kiss of death cause his unwavering base - black voters- then abandoned him
« Last Edit: October 16, 2024, 08:55:43 am by hutch »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #886 on: October 16, 2024, 08:58:16 am »
Local GA judge blocked the MAGA Election board rule that ballots had to be hand counted and another GA court declared ""no election superintendent (or member of a board of elections and registration) may refuse to certify or abstain from certifying election results under any circumstance."

not a good day for GA election deniers and hopefully less ratfuckery down there...
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #887 on: October 16, 2024, 09:06:19 am »
It’s amazing that after 2000 we couldn’t get a nationwide set of agreed upon election standards and regulations. Remember the butterfly ballot?

hutch

« Reply #888 on: October 16, 2024, 09:11:05 am »
I mean you don’t see republicans abandon Trump cause he is old and makes crazy statements and dances with himself at a rally for 30 minutes!!!

But we had to go and ditch the horse that got us to the White House. Every day for weeks the headlines were “Schiff (Pelosi’s boy!) says Biden should not run for reelection “ and “Obama has privately told democrats that Biden should not run…” The only smart democrats were the Clinton’s that kept their big mouths shut.

hutch

« Reply #889 on: October 16, 2024, 09:12:50 am »
Anyways I have better and more pleasant things to do with my time than post about this…like jamming an ice pick in my eye- repeatedly.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #890 on: October 16, 2024, 09:33:33 am »
It’s amazing that after 2000 we couldn’t get a nationwide set of agreed upon election standards and regulations. Remember the butterfly ballot?

Seems easy to do but only POTUS is elected nationally so it's very much a state/municipal issue.
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #891 on: October 16, 2024, 09:38:13 am »

Seems easy to do but only POTUS is elected nationally so it's very much a state/municipal issue.

Don’t tell me it’s too hard. The republicans were more than happy to steal the election with the connivance of the Supreme Court (elections are a state and local issue unless you want to recount your votes…THEN the national government can tell you NO!) and do nothing.

By the time democrats had taken power in 2008 it was yesterday’s papers.

« Reply #892 on: October 16, 2024, 09:48:43 am »
that's because the states run General Elections, not the feds

I do think the supreme court can weigh in on issues at the state level, but it doesn't start with the Suprem Court...that's where it ends
« Last Edit: October 16, 2024, 09:50:51 am by election-hatch lııllı|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

evilizac

« Reply #893 on: October 16, 2024, 10:16:05 am »
   I mean I do think at this point, to hell with shooting someone (any crooked lawyer can make a defense), but he could drop trow, squat down and take a big steaming McDump on stage in front of them and his believers would lap it up and call it soft serve. The interviews that I heard with attendees of "the love fest" in PA couldn't have been less phased, "it was the perfect soundtrack for the moment". Plus, the media is painting it as he was chilling while DJ-ing, but they should really be emphasizing 40-damn minutes. Imagine just the visual. Old man, stands around in bronzer and swaying, asking for the same song to be played back-to-back. I'd be questioning my sanity.
   I'll say this re: Biden though, it wasn't just the standing there at the debate, it's the shuffle walk and that he does look frail. I stood up for him with friends and family for a long time, but again, visuals. Plus, you hear him from 2016, and he really did sound a lot more like the Obama era Biden. The Ds always had a tougher hill to climb, and I don't know how they would have made that climb with Biden. Hubris, but the people who play this game and both get paid to and spend their lives running these numbers should have started being real and pushing for him to step aside sooner. That said, I'm not sure when.
   Fuck.   
WHAT?

hutch

« Reply #894 on: October 16, 2024, 10:22:36 am »

I do think the supreme court can weigh in on issues at the state level, but it doesn't start with the Suprem Court...that's where it ends

Excuses..the federal government has a lot of power to do shit…like via the elastic clause…or how did we move the drinking age from 18 to 21 NATIONALLY

Bunch of defeatists here….waaaah waaah the government is powerless…

hutch

« Reply #895 on: October 16, 2024, 10:27:46 am »
I agree . Biden should not have ran for reelection. The pressure should have come in 2023. But it’s hard to pressure the fucking president coming off a good midterms.

So instead they waited until they saw the opening after the debate and THEN pulled the rug from under him (none of them had the balls to leak shit about Biden being Gaga until after the debate! Profiles in courage!) said fuck democracy we are going to shove Kamala down your throat 90 days before the election and we don’t care what you think you will like it and vote for it.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #896 on: October 16, 2024, 12:07:25 pm »

Excuses..the federal government has a lot of power to do shit…like via the elastic clause…or how did we move the drinking age from 18 to 21 NATIONALLY

Drinking age was super easy since it was tied to federal highway funds, i.e. no 21+ no spanking new interstate spur.

What legal device should the fed use or invent to federalize aspects of election law? Pretend you're a senator or congressperson and write a bill for consideration.
😐 🎶

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #897 on: October 16, 2024, 12:14:55 pm »

Drinking age was super easy since it was tied to federal highway funds, i.e. no 21+ no spanking new interstate spur.

What legal device should the fed use or invent to federalize aspects of election law? Pretend you're a senator or congressperson and write a bill for consideration.

I mean just run back the Dole model? Acknowledge/pretend marijuana has valid medicinal benefits and tie federal Medicaid/care dollars to its legalization? 
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #898 on: October 16, 2024, 02:33:54 pm »
It was rhetorical. Well aware how we got to 21. Why can’t they do something like that over voting.

The answer is cause neither party wants to.

« Reply #899 on: October 17, 2024, 12:03:08 pm »
MM not to excited about her prospects in MI right now...thinks the arab population is key to winning there

https://www.michaelmoore.com/p/my-plea-to-kamala

this is a depressing feature on RCP
This Day In History: October 17, 2020: Biden +9.0 | October 17, 2016: Clinton +7.0

(Kamala is at +1.5 today)

yikes, looks like hispanics are leaving the dems in droves...not good news
« Last Edit: October 17, 2024, 12:14:35 pm by election-hatch lııllı|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack