Author Topic: The Armageddon Election 2024 Or Apocalypse 2024  (Read 54827 times)

Re: The Armageddon Election 2024 Or Apocalypse 2024
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2023, 02:49:00 pm »
really thought you were on to something, but name taken
https://www.facebook.com/thelemmingsband/
slack

Hutch

« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2023, 04:15:16 pm »
At this point polls measure excitement

Is anyone excited by Biden?

No. But people will vote for him on the end cause the alternative is too crazy to contemplate

There are headwinds….inflation- whatever numbers say- really took a bite out of people’s paychecks after the midterms. Let’s hope paychecks begin to address that and catch up a bit

But unless something really crazy (like WW3 shudders) happens Biden is going to be re-elected. And Trump being the Republican candidate is the best possible scenario.

Having said that, Biden best keep visiting PA, MI etc

Biden is a very good politician and just locked up a lot of $ for his campaign
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 04:18:39 pm by Hutch »

nkotb

« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2023, 08:20:52 am »
Good thing he's not stoking anything that could lead to that scenario!

But unless something really crazy (like WW3 shudders) happens Biden is going to be re-elected.

Hutch

« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2023, 08:47:19 am »
I know! Has Biden learned nothing from WW2? Let the ruskies have Ukraine and the Palestinians Israel and the world will be a safer place. Appeasement works.

I am the first to usually criticize US foreign policy but standing with Israel and Ukraine is the right thing to do for our own national security.

nkotb

« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2023, 09:28:06 am »
Aside from the questionable morality of funding a genocide, I guess you do have a point. I can't think of any instance in the past where our government's islamophobia, unwelcome intervention or butchery of innocent lives in the middle east has ever come back to bite us years later!

I know! Has Biden learned nothing from WW2? Let the ruskies have Ukraine and the Palestinians Israel and the world will be a safer place. Appeasement works.

I am the first to usually criticize US foreign policy but standing with Israel and Ukraine is the right thing to do for our own national security.

Hutch

« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2023, 09:35:53 am »
Oh no we totally disagree!!

« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2023, 10:30:11 am »
Aside from the questionable morality of funding a genocide, I guess you do have a point. I can't think of any instance in the past where our government's islamophobia, unwelcome intervention or butchery of innocent lives in the middle east has ever come back to bite us years later!
have you learned nothing, 9/11 was an inside job

You need to look up the definition of genocide
apartheid or ethnostate would be more appropriate

Also, where were you at the A Giant Dog show.  I hung with Vas/Challenged and there was only 100 people there
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 10:32:55 am by eat their young-Hatchıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

nkotb

« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2023, 10:35:44 am »
Seems pretty cut & dry to me!

The deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.

Unfortunately i didn't...someone brought some bug home from school so we were all banged up this weekend.  Bummed I had to miss it.

Also, where were you at the A Giant Dog show.  I hung with Vas/Challenged and there was only 100 people there

Hutch

« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2023, 11:04:36 am »
I do not agree with you!

« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2023, 11:14:53 am »
Seems pretty cut & dry to me!

The deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.

So what do you define as a large number of people?
and not sure Israel is doing a good job of genocide considering there were something like 2 Million Palestinians  in 1990 and now it's over 5 Million

When I think Genocide, I think  of murdering 100's of thousands at the very least 10's of thousands (think Nazis/Rwanda even Bosnia was more 'genocidal')

While 3k is still a lot of people (and horrible), in a population of 5 million...hardly genocide
slack

« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2023, 11:15:58 am »
I do not agree with you!
yeah, he definitely should have gone to the A giant dog show
slack

nkotb

« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2023, 11:25:37 am »
That's the number from their current campaign only, and obviously doesn't include the death toll from other violent means like the horrid conditions they're forced to live under.

Let's take the definition from the Geneva Convention, something (I would assume) we all think is good and something we should follow:

"Genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

Killing members of the group; [CHECK]
Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; [CHECK]
Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; CHECK
Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [CHECK]
Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group. [depending on your definition, CHECK]

Just because they might not be as successful as they want doesn't change what they're doing, and what we're paying for.

Looks like a duck, etc. etc.

While 3k is still a lot of people (and horrible), in a population of 2 million...hardly genocide

« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2023, 11:42:40 am »

Let's take the definition from the Geneva Convention, something (I would assume) we all think is good and something we should follow:

"Genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; CHECK
Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [CHECK]
Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group. [depending on your definition, CHECK]
can't say I agree on these last three (first two for sure)
the birth ones seems way off as their population is growing at a fast pace
not sure about forcibly transferring children either.  (but there is a lot I don't know)
slack

Yada

« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2023, 11:43:13 am »
hey look nkotb, Hutch has been an expert on middle eastern affairs with a focus on Hamas since I was suckin' my moms teet.

Current obliteration of children, babies, and innocents don't matter in this situation.

« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2023, 11:44:45 am »
since I was suckin' my moms teet.
weird flex as that wasn't that long ago
slack