Author Topic: The Armageddon Election 2024 Or Apocalypse 2024  (Read 90483 times)

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: The Armageddon Election 2024 Or Apocalypse 2024
« Reply #675 on: August 13, 2024, 02:10:39 pm »
What makes you think "retards", as you call them, would be dumb enough to vote for Trump.  That is a put-down to "retards", as you call them.

Make fun of Trump all you want, he still has a good shot at being 47. There are just that many retards in America.

Space Freely

« Reply #676 on: August 13, 2024, 02:58:41 pm »
What makes you think "retards", as you call them, would be dumb enough to vote for Trump.  That is a put-down to "retards", as you call them.

Make fun of Trump all you want, he still has a good shot at being 47. There are just that many retards in America.

"MAGA moron" and "retard" are interchangeable terms to me. Ain't the English language great that it leaves room for flexibility in word definitions?

hutch

« Reply #677 on: August 13, 2024, 03:47:17 pm »
It does? I was not aware of the equivalence between the words. I will check the dictionary. You must be right.

bearman🐻

« Reply #678 on: August 14, 2024, 10:18:30 am »
I can't really articulate what I'd like to say here, but I'll just go so far to say that there is a pretty deep divide in our country. Much of it is rooted in cynicism and ignorance, and the inherent need some people that some people feel to embrace ugliness. It's likely what they're feeling on the inside, and it's comforting and dare I say entertaining when someone can articulate the menace, disgust, and rage that they're teeming with. Ugliness isn't innate in us, it's something that grows inside through abuse, malice, being ignored and being told we are lazy, dumb, and that we don't matter. By the way, I'm not excusing or supporting violence in any way...far from it. Some of you know where I was on 1/6. So this is a particularly personal issue to me.

That being said, if you have 22 minutes, I encourage you to watch Nick Cave's interview with Stephen Colbert. It's personal, it is beautiful and one of the best interviews I have ever seen anyone give. Nick's point on hopefulness is one that I think must be highlighted. In the last few weeks, many Americans went from a place of despair, hopelessness, and resignation to a place of joy, optimism, hope, and sheer excitement. Though I agree that a victory for Trump isn't far from his grasp, I think Nick's point about hopefulness being combative is on point. The country is dying from the thirst and need to feel joyful and to have a path forward. People think I'm crazy, but this isn't entirely about politics, it's about a deeper and more challenging divide that shows a cultural and existential split in our country. There are many factors in that I won't get into. But there's a reason why people are reacting to the shift and change in the Presidential ticket. For a change, this all feels entirely new, and I think that will motivate and drive people for the remainder of this cycle. But Nick Cave sums up much of what I feel: to embrace hopefulness, you have to understand loss, how dark things can get, and how if you're given enough time on the planet, life experience can teach you that in order to keep moving forward you have to let go of cynicism. It's OK to be hopeful realist: prepare for anything (including the worst), but realize that it's OK to acknowledge the good in other humans and have faith that there are many more people that see the good in others too.

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/nick-cave-talks-working-with-johnny-cash-new-album-wild-god-more-on-colbert-watch/

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #679 on: August 14, 2024, 10:40:25 am »
Much of it is rooted in cynicism and ignorance, and the inherent need some people that some people feel to embrace ugliness. It's likely what they're feeling on the inside, and it's comforting and dare I say entertaining when someone can articulate the menace, disgust, and rage that they're teeming with. Ugliness isn't innate in us, it's something that grows inside through abuse, malice, being ignored and being told we are lazy, dumb, and that we don't matter.
Not sure what I did to Bearman to have him write this diatribe, putting me on blast but here we are!
LVMH

« Reply #680 on: August 14, 2024, 01:30:42 pm »
In case you hadn't checked your calendar, its caravan of migrants season

ok this was marginally funny
« Last Edit: August 14, 2024, 01:37:47 pm by Hatchamaticıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #681 on: August 14, 2024, 02:55:06 pm »
Much of it is rooted in cynicism and ignorance, and the inherent need some people that some people feel to embrace ugliness. It's likely what they're feeling on the inside, and it's comforting and dare I say entertaining when someone can articulate the menace, disgust, and rage that they're teeming with. Ugliness isn't innate in us, it's something that grows inside through abuse, malice, being ignored and being told we are lazy, dumb, and that we don't matter.
Not sure what I did to Bearman to have him write this diatribe, putting me on blast but here we are!

Haha, it wasn't aimed at you silly. I love a good curmudgeon. Some of my best friends are curmudgeons.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #682 on: August 14, 2024, 04:28:36 pm »
You can, no doubt, understand my mistake.
LVMH

« Reply #683 on: August 15, 2024, 12:34:17 pm »
 Corey Lewandowski is baaaack

just when this shit show couldn't get any shitter...Trump campaign says "hold my beer"

Also, kinda weak sauce that the media love to publish hacked emails from the Dems, but they get a bunch of emails from Trump and they now have a moral code?

Ha, I do like that the Harris campaign has decided that snark is going to be a part of it

This is so funny it seems fake
« Last Edit: August 15, 2024, 12:50:33 pm by Hatch, guerrilla-poserll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #684 on: August 15, 2024, 04:18:50 pm »
slack

« Reply #685 on: August 16, 2024, 01:44:53 pm »
ok...yes a questionable source...but looks like Trump has employed Tulsi for debate prep
https://x.com/maggieNYT/status/1824487370953314409

what a turd she is for backstabbing the dems when ever she gets a chance
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #687 on: August 16, 2024, 05:00:28 pm »
😐 🎶

« Reply #688 on: August 16, 2024, 05:43:28 pm »
is he trying to get kicked out of Tenacious D?
slack

« Reply #689 on: August 20, 2024, 03:31:58 pm »
trump is trying to cause more problems in Gaza
https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1825934511038939515
slack