Author Topic: City Winery goes under, blames crime  (Read 10270 times)

Re: City Winery goes under, blames crime
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2023, 09:07:43 pm »
This was a shocking to read

This the tenth reported carjacking in Arlington so far this year
slack

Hutch

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2023, 09:18:29 pm »

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2023, 09:51:23 am »
Quote from: Hutch link=topic=25788.msg547677#msg547677 date=[1681089509
Not surprising when this is what Arlington picked

https://www.arlingtonva.us/Government/Departments/Courts/Commonwealth-Attorney/Meet-Parisa
I assume this is your gripe
 and has an abiding attachment to Star Trek.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 09:52:54 am by WeakestOfSauces ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2023, 07:17:59 am »

Ok as a follow up, this was shocking news to hear in arlington
Someone is shooting rabbits with blow darts
https://www.arlnow.com/2023/04/10/awla-someone-is-shooting-rabbits-with-blow-darts/
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2023, 07:34:42 am »

https://www.arlnow.com/2023/04/10/awla-someone-is-shooting-rabbits-with-blow-darts/

Shhhh. If you keep this up, City Winery is never going to pick Arlington as their new DC location.

Side note: My wife really wants to see Kamasi Washington (I was out of town during his 2022 date, she didn't want to go alone), and he's doing a City Winery only tour. Hence, no DC date. Because of this shit (the closing, not the blow darts.)

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2023, 09:10:21 am »
Because of this shit (the closing, not the blow darts.)
I would not rule out the blow darts
slack

Yada

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2023, 09:18:21 am »

Shhhh. If you keep this up, City Winery is never going to pick Arlington as their new DC location.

Side note: My wife really wants to see Kamasi Washington (I was out of town during his 2022 date, she didn't want to go alone), and he's doing a City Winery only tour. Hence, no DC date. Because of this shit (the closing, not the blow darts.)

I thought your wife hated live music.

Hutch

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2023, 09:26:02 am »

I thought she hated Space?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2023, 09:30:09 am »
I can't even imagine how she feels about Space Music.

Yada

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2023, 09:47:03 am »

can confirm

Space Freely

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2023, 09:57:14 am »

I had been telling her for many many months, perhaps even a year...that I was gunning to go to a work conference in June 2022. A work conference that was covering things that I was very interested it, and heck I just wanted to travel and interact with people in person. The first time in years that travel had been allowed. I had planned work trips trips to Philly, Mexico City, and Seattle all cancelled because of the pandemic.

So I targeted this conference in June as the first one that would be allowed. I targeted it a year in advance. I skipped the conference that was at a better, more interesting location in February, because I figured that at that point, travel would still not be allowed (I was right.) So I was telling her all this a year in advance.

So reservations were made, registration was paid for a few months in advance, etc...and I had plans to do this relatively small work trip (short enough that I chose to drive rather than fly, so I could have a car while there and because I like road trips.)

Anyway, my wife is always talking about this Kamasi Washington song she likes, and I'm reading the schedule for Sixth and I (in, I don't know, sometime in April after all my travel plans are in place and have been in place for long enough that I've kind of forgotten the dates), and I see Kamasi Washington on the schedule. And the show is a week after her birthday, so I figure...yeah I'll get us tickets for that as part of her (50th) birthday celebration. But I better ask her about it, because I know she doesn't like live music. So I ask her, and she loves the idea, and says yes, that would be so romantic.

So it's a few days later, and I still haven't gotten tickets, and I check the dates, and I realize the show is smack in the middle of my work trip. So I break it to her that I won't be able to take her, but maybe I could get her tickets and she could take our daughter or a friend or just go alone. And she asks me why would I schedule a work trip when Kamasi Washington is playing a show in DC? And why can't you just cancel the work trip (which work has already paid the registration fee for?) And wonders why I say it's not feasible for me to drive from Pittsburgh back to Virginia and back to Pittsburgh later that night in the middle of a work trip so that we can see Kamasi Washington at Sixth and I?

And she's added this to the long, specific list of things she busts my balls about every time the perimenopause sets the mood in the wrong direction. So I still here about it 10 months later.

So I'd really, really love to have a Kamasi Washington show to go to at City Winery DC. So fuck them for closing down their DC location.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2023, 09:21:26 pm »
I had been telling her for many many months, perhaps even a year...that I was gunning to go to a work conference in June 2022. A work conference that was covering things that I was very interested it, and heck I just wanted to travel and interact with people in person. The first time in years that travel had been allowed. I had planned work trips trips to Philly, Mexico City, and Seattle all cancelled because of the pandemic.

So I targeted this conference in June as the first one that would be allowed. I targeted it a year in advance. I skipped the conference that was at a better, more interesting location in February, because I figured that at that point, travel would still not be allowed (I was right.) So I was telling her all this a year in advance.

So reservations were made, registration was paid for a few months in advance, etc...and I had plans to do this relatively small work trip (short enough that I chose to drive rather than fly, so I could have a car while there and because I like road trips.)

Anyway, my wife is always talking about this Kamasi Washington song she likes, and I'm reading the schedule for Sixth and I (in, I don't know, sometime in April after all my travel plans are in place and have been in place for long enough that I've kind of forgotten the dates), and I see Kamasi Washington on the schedule. And the show is a week after her birthday, so I figure...yeah I'll get us tickets for that as part of her (50th) birthday celebration. But I better ask her about it, because I know she doesn't like live music. So I ask her, and she loves the idea, and says yes, that would be so romantic.

So it's a few days later, and I still haven't gotten tickets, and I check the dates, and I realize the show is smack in the middle of my work trip. So I break it to her that I won't be able to take her, but maybe I could get her tickets and she could take our daughter or a friend or just go alone. And she asks me why would I schedule a work trip when Kamasi Washington is playing a show in DC? And why can't you just cancel the work trip (which work has already paid the registration fee for?) And wonders why I say it's not feasible for me to drive from Pittsburgh back to Virginia and back to Pittsburgh later that night in the middle of a work trip so that we can see Kamasi Washington at Sixth and I?

And she's added this to the long, specific list of things she busts my balls about every time the perimenopause sets the mood in the wrong direction. So I still here about it 10 months later.

So I'd really, really love to have a Kamasi Washington show to go to at City Winery DC. So fuck them for closing down their DC location.

this is some next-level Gone With the Wind type shit.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2023, 10:25:17 pm »
I feel like Space made a fatal mistake not checking his calendar for conflicts before telling her about this show. There are SO MANY shows I don’t tell my wife about because they’d logistically be super difficult for me and either I would have to bear that burden or she would be disappointed about missing something she never would’ve discovered on her own.
LVMH

Hutch

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2023, 10:54:03 pm »
My partner always busts my chops about the Charles Aznavour show I went to while she was on a work trip. She says she wouldn’t have gone on the trip and that I didn’t tell her.  I think he was like 90 and it turned out to be amazing. I gave my extra box ticket to some guy on the street. You see my partner is a major Francophile.

Aznavour blew me away. I shouldn’t have said anything but it was so good… in a bit cheesy French kinda way.

Obviously Aznavour never came back to the US and died…

It really was a once in a lifetime show so I feel bad about it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 10:57:21 pm by Hutch »

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2023, 07:15:33 am »
I feel like Space made a fatal mistake not checking his calendar for conflicts before telling her about this show. There are SO MANY shows I don’t tell my wife about because they’d logistically be super difficult for me and either I would have to bear that burden or she would be disappointed about missing something she never would’ve discovered on her own.
some good relationship advice here
slack