Author Topic: RHCP to come to 930?  (Read 11186 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: RHCP to come to 930?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 05:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by DeathFromAbove1979:
 John is a god or rawk destined to go down as one of the greats. I think he's totally underrated.
i wouldn't say he's underrated, i think that anyone who knows his name knows that he's a badass ... an interesting question:  what % of self-described RHCP fans do you think even know his name?
(o|o)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 06:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa08:

John is a god or rawk destined to go down as one of the greats. I think he's totally underrated.
i wouldn't say he's underrated, i think that anyone who knows his name knows that he's a badass ... an interesting question:  what % of self-described RHCP fans do you think even know his name? [/b]
That's sad but true, my friend LOVES Anthony Keidis, she read his book and fell in love with him, she saw them at the Virgin Festival and, since she goes to school in Philly, she saw them with The Mars Volta. She said The Mars Volta was "Butt" and that John was "Good", i wanted to kill her because 1. she didnt like the mars volta 2. she didnt KNOW johns name 3. she's seen them more times than me and didnt start liking them until Stadium Aracdium.

for. shame.
‼‼?‼‼

thirsty moore

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 06:06:00 pm »
Fo' real?  Daaaaaamn.

Originally posted by Señor Carlos:
 If my friend told me that I'd definately slap her and be all like "Why you tellin me that, bitch?"

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 06:13:00 pm »
"blood sugar sex magik" and PJ's "ten" were the first two cds i bought with my own $$ ... didn't they come out around the same time?
(o|o)

TheDirector217

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 06:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

ick
Flea and Frusciante are great musicians.  Kiedis gets tiring with his yabba-dabba-doo vocal style, but I would definitely go see them at the club. [/b]
Yabba dabba doo. This shit had me rolling.   LOL.

Sometimes charisma carries you further as a lead singer than your actual pipes.  (And I LOVE the Peppers, don't get it twisted.)  I also second what Death said earlier . . . . Frusciante is approaching rock god status.  He's been in a ZONE their last 3 albums.  The band's evolved lately into some Beach Boys type shit mixed in with their funk/rock foundation.

TheDirector217

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 06:20:00 pm »
  "blood sugar sex magik" and PJ's "ten" were the first two cds i bought with my own $$ ... didn't they come out around the same time?
Yup.  They dropped right around the time I was in 8th/9th grade.  Whoa . . . . Feeling old now . . .

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 06:35:00 pm »
I saw them on a triple bill with Smashing Pumpkins. That show was probably the nail in the coffin for me when it came to modern rock.

Originally posted by TheDirector217:

Yup.  They dropped right around the time I was in 8th/9th grade.  Whoa . . . . Feeling old now . . . [/b]

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2006, 06:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:
  RHCP fans always seem to have such a low intelligence level. seriously.
as a peppers fan, i take solace in the fact that my group's intelligence is still above that of incubus fans   :)  

frusciante is indeed a guitar god.  just like a million others who were teens during the BSSM years, john (along with page) is who got me into playing guitar.

lolla'92 (RHCP, Ministry, Ice Cube, Soundgarden, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Pearl Jam) remains the best day of music i have ever experienced, in no small part because of the chilis' closing set (even though john wasn't there).  this will kill what little cred i have here, but i'm looking forward to seeing them in january.
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2006, 06:50:00 pm »

...get off your high horse dickhead, Freusciante is fucking insane. If you can't appreciate him you half the intelligence of a vegetable.

Just becuase i'm a n00b doesn't make me a retard. [/b]
see what i mean?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2006, 06:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  $300 for floor seats for the Peppers? Are they serious? Does that come with sex and/or getting high with them? Good grief.
i suspect that those prices will drop in the days before the show.  looks like everyone and their dog is re-selling tix to this show, and people aren't bitting.  i predict an eventual scramble to dump those tickets.
<sig>

ggw

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2006, 06:54:00 pm »
Anthony Kiedis is a member of Mensa.

sonickteam2

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2006, 06:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by bearman:
  $300 for floor seats for the Peppers? Are they serious? Does that come with sex and/or getting high with them? Good grief.
i suspect that those prices will drop in the days before the show.  looks like everyone and their dog is re-selling tix to this show, and people aren't bitting.  i predict an eventual scramble to dump those tickets. [/b]
this happens always.  I remember Radiohead tickets in Philly were $350 for a pair the week they went on sale, and then were down to about $200 the week before the show.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2006, 07:06:00 pm »

...get off your high horse dickhead, Freusciante is fucking insane. If you can't appreciate him you half the intelligence of a vegetable.

Just becuase i'm a n00b doesn't make me a retard. [/b]
see what i mean? [/b]
that you're an unbearable cock? yeah.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2006, 07:35:00 pm »
  this happens always.  I remember Radiohead tickets in Philly were $350 for a pair the week they went on sale, and then were down to about $200 the week before the show.
true, but i'm under the impression that this show is particularly over-scalped.  a friend of mine missed the onsale so we were checking out the usual ebay/CL/ticket broker site.  there are a LOT of tickets available for re-sale, an above-average amount it seems, and asking prices seem silly.  some would-be scalpers will be left holding.  radiohead stayed at $200 because it was such a small venue.  my advice to anyone without tickets: wait.

related: Wired has an article about online scalping.  moderatedly interesting, nothing new though. Diary of a Scalper
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2006, 07:52:00 pm »
well, i meant that Radiohead went down to $200, the tickets were what? $100 a pair for face value?  twice face is a good price in such a small venue, but it still dropped almost in half, the chili's should too.  

I tried scalping Pumpkins tickets in Boston back in 2000 or so, bought 6 and used 2 and tried to sell the other 4 outside, no dice, i couldnt even GIVE them away...

so yeah, scalpers lose out sometimes for sure. and this could be one of those times. whos opening for them anyway?