Author Topic: Bill Cosby  (Read 5536 times)

mankie

Re: Bill Cosby
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004, 05:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Well I wouldn't say deep shit, but he was criticized.  He was also criticized (somehow!) for not using curse words in his rap tracks.  The rap community felt as though he was being elitist by stating to a reporter that he still manages to sell lots of albums without having to put Parental Advisory warnings!  His reasoning: his grandmother asked him not to use bad words.  

As far as his age, I don't have sound at this computer today, but the way Samantha described it, it sounded as if he was getting slower and garbled in his speech as most older folks do (not because he was using words that were too big for our home schooled hero).  I've seen a couple interviews with him recently and I can tell he's getting a bit older.  That's all I was saying.
He can't even say, "Jello pudding pops" without spraying the tv screen with spit.

flawd101

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2004, 07:56:00 pm »
i agree with what he is saying but at least he said it.  if a white person said it they would be dead.
 but why would black people listen to him if they can listen to almost every rich black man doing the opposite.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2021, 01:36:58 pm »
To be released as early as today, on a technicality.

WALKonBack

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2021, 01:37:46 pm »
Just posted in Random . . . should have known there was a Cosby thread, to post in.    :o

Space Freely

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2021, 02:33:39 pm »
I thought this thread was about Cosby giving tough love to other black people.

Starsky

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2021, 04:35:05 pm »
I don’t know or understand the particulars

Either way it seems like a miscarriage of justice

Either an 80 year old spent years in prison for no judicial good reason or a serial rapist just got out of jail or maybe both..

One of the more unpleasant cases

I can remember as a teenager in 1985-87 how much Cosby was worshipped as a good tv dad…how deep some of the scripts were.. of course Cosby - correct me if I am wrong- was one of the first blacks to play a co-starring role on a broadcast tv show ..that show with Robert culp…I Spy? dude broke down barriers

The whole thing has been such a downer

The whole thing sucks…

I don’t want to minimize the victims of rape…I cannot even begin to understand their pain or what they went through and go through
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 04:40:29 pm by Starsky »

WALKonBack

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2021, 04:47:58 pm »
His TV wife just tweeted her ecstatic joy, then proceeded to turn off all comments on the post.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2021, 04:53:24 pm »
Excerpt from his testimony:

Q: When you got the quaaludes, was it in your mind that you were going to use these quaaludes for young women that you wanted to have sex with?

A. Yes.

https://apnews.com/article/b994b3f839bd4774a7893791ab53be23

Starsky

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2021, 05:03:08 pm »
Yeah I know it’s bad

It just sucks to see your heroes fall so low..

I got little sympathy for Cosby..  read that again

but qualudes we’re very common even in the 70s it was a drug of choice to set up sex and I doubt most men told women “hey baby let’s do some ludes so I can bang you”

Life is complex… that’s what life teaches…the same person can do good and bad

But I must say I never been a fan of very old people being sent to prison for crimes committed when they were much younger.. the cases of those former nazi guards they keep digging up from the US come to mind

Cosby was not much younger and it appears he should be in jail

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2021, 05:07:59 pm »
I doubt most men told women “hey baby let’s do some ludes so I can bang you”
can confirm, does not work
slack