Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1413877 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #1110 on: March 15, 2008, 04:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Back where we belong.
:D  

Indeed!!!

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1111 on: March 17, 2008, 10:48:00 am »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  i just realized i have to root for el ameripool today (as i type its 1-1). good thing there will be beer later
FYI...this American reference has become old....it might do toon a world of good to get a rich footie-ignorant yank onboard. It hasn't done United any harm (see premiership table and champions league quarter final draw) or Liverpool (see premiership table and champions league quarter final draw) for evidence of that.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1112 on: March 17, 2008, 11:02:00 am »
we have a rich footy-ignorant ENGLISH owner, and its done fuckall. i'm not sure what being american will do, except increase our debt. lerner actually knows a thing or two, but comparing us to el ameripool or manusa is kind of silly
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1113 on: March 17, 2008, 11:51:00 am »
  we have a rich footy-ignorant ENGLISH owner, and its done fuckall. i'm not sure what being american will do, except increase our debt. lerner actually knows a thing or two, but comparing us to el ameripool or manusa is kind of silly
Why is it 'silly'? You all consider yourselves a 'big club' not unlike chelski, when in reality you're just a barely average club. Admittedlyl St. James Park is less embarrassing than Stamford Bridge...but toon fans really are living in la-la land to think theyr'e one of the big clubs. I'd say Sunderland are bigger than toon. Certainly more organized as far as building the franchise.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1114 on: March 17, 2008, 12:03:00 pm »
the 'big club' debate is so vague. for the toon (and several other clubs) you can twist around the definition until you arrive at the conclusion you want. no i dont think we are a big club, and really only see three: man u, arsenal and liverpool

liverpool and manchester united were both bought with good to great players and top shelf managers. toon was bought with mediocre players and a shite manager. that's why its silly. of course those americans dont realize how good rafa is, and they nearly sacked him a couple months back

as far as scumderland go, they are a total sleeping giant, and if they can stay up for two or three years straight watch out. keano seems to be a good motivator, but i think his transfer judgement is limited to former man u/celtic players and irish and scot youngsters.
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1115 on: March 17, 2008, 12:16:00 pm »
  keano seems to be a good motivator, but i think his transfer judgement is limited to former man u/celtic players and irish and scot youngsters.
I agree with you on that one...he needs a 'director of football' to bring in new talent who don't come from UTD or Celtic. He does seem to have an Irish/Scots agenda too, but that's not unprecedented..... Arsenal being the biggest culprit with their French agenda (French manager) and Liverscum with their Spanish agenda (Spanish manager)...do we see a pattern here?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1116 on: March 17, 2008, 12:36:00 pm »
supposedly they are going to go after alan smith in the summer. the joke between fans of both sides is who is going to pay who
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1117 on: March 17, 2008, 12:45:00 pm »
  supposedly they are going to go after alan smith in the summer. the joke between fans of both sides is who is going to pay who
I'd take Smith over Michael O'wenotherinjuryhappen

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1118 on: March 17, 2008, 12:52:00 pm »
shit vs poop
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1119 on: March 17, 2008, 12:54:00 pm »
  shit vs poop
What are we talking about now? A Tyneside derby???

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1120 on: March 17, 2008, 01:00:00 pm »
hahaha

if we stay up, it ought to be interesting who stays. i bet stupid ass mike owen somehow stays and starts ever game. and scores in single digits
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1121 on: March 17, 2008, 02:53:00 pm »
  hahaha

if we stay up, it ought to be interesting who stays. i bet stupid ass mike owen somehow stays and starts ever game. and scores in single digits
The whole team will probably finish in single digits, never mind Mikey..

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1122 on: March 17, 2008, 03:06:00 pm »
i meant next year. but whatever
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1123 on: March 17, 2008, 04:11:00 pm »
  i meant next year. but whatever
Yeah....me too..

godsshoeshine