Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1413984 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #1155 on: March 30, 2008, 01:38:00 pm »
NEWSFLASH@!!!!!

Newcastly United have reportedly scored FUOR goals in a single game, which has doubled their goal total for the current season!!!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1156 on: March 30, 2008, 08:02:00 pm »
fuor?   ;)
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1157 on: April 01, 2008, 11:30:00 am »
Mexico Hires Bruce Arena as National Team Coach

Just a day after firing Mexican legend Hugo Sanchez as head coach of the Mexican national team, the Mexican Football Federation has found his replacement and it is a familiar face to U.S. national team fans.

Former U.S. national team, D.C. United and Red Bulls coach Bruce Arena will be named the new head coach of the Mexican national team at a press conference in Mexico City on Tuesday. Arena will sign a contract that will run through the 2010 World Cup.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1158 on: April 01, 2008, 11:35:00 am »
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTERFINALS

Tuesday, April 1

2:30 Roma vs. Manchester United (ESPN2)
 2:30 Schalke vs. Barcelona (Set)
 5:00 Schalke vs. Barcelona (ESPN Classic Replay)

Wednesday, April 2

2:30 Arsenal vs. Liverpool (ESPN2)
 2:30 Fenerbache vs. Chelsea (Set)
 5:00 Fenerbache vs. Chelsea (ESPN Classic Replay)
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1159 on: April 01, 2008, 11:44:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Just a day after firing Mexican legend Hugo Sanchez as head coach of the Mexican national team, the Mexican Football Federation has found his replacement and it is a familiar face to U.S. national team fans.

Former U.S. national team, D.C. United and Red Bulls coach Bruce Arena will be named the new head coach of the Mexican national team at a press conference in Mexico City on Tuesday. Arena will sign a contract that will run through the 2010 World Cup.
That will piss the Mexicans off big time having a gringo as their head coach..an American gringo too!!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1160 on: April 01, 2008, 11:44:00 am »

april fools?
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1161 on: April 01, 2008, 11:59:00 am »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
 april fools?
Yes.  But at 7:30 this morning when I openend up Soccer by Ives I had no idea what day it was.  Totally fooled me.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1162 on: April 01, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »
this day makes the internet unbearable

anyhow, dont know if i'll get to watch the matches today, but no totti for roma = no prayer
o/\o

godsshoeshine

o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1164 on: April 01, 2008, 05:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  here's a couple of other ones:
  http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=385574

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=642487
I'm all messed up with the calender, I thought it was April 1st when they appointed Keegan as the new boss at St. James.

I see a stroll in the Roma park for the mighty red devils this evening.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1165 on: April 01, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »
Club strip teases faithful fans  

Plymouth Argyle FC decided to capitalise on its Scottish manager and half a dozen Scottish players by changing to a new tartan away kit.

It ordered and displayed a prototype outfit and announced the decision on its club website on Tuesday morning.

Fans and media began to show an interest when star signing Steve McLean posed with the new kit.

But it was an elaborate April Fool hoax - in fact, the team will be wearing a tangerine and green kit for 2008-09.

Steve Hill, from the club's media department, said:"It was just a bit of fun. Quite a few people, including at least one team member, were caught out by it."

The Championship club,with an average home attendance of more than 13,000 supporters, came clean on its website on Tuesday afternoon and confessed all.

vansmack

« Reply #1166 on: April 01, 2008, 05:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by 47 YEAR OLD VIRGIN:

They didn't look sas good as they did on Saturday (Ronaldo looked as good as I've ever seen him on Saturday), but they played extremely well in Italy.  Without Totti, Roma looked punchless.

Vidic took a concerning knock (knee) in the first half and left on the cart.
27>34

Barcelona

« Reply #1167 on: April 02, 2008, 09:02:00 am »

Originally posted by 47 YEAR OLD VIRGIN:

They didn't look sas good as they did on Saturday (Ronaldo looked as good as I've ever seen him on Saturday), but they played extremely well in Italy.  Without Totti, Roma looked punchless.

Vidic took a concerning knock (knee) in the first half and left on the cart. [/b]
The good thing for Manchester is thay they are almost in the final. Barcelona is going through its worst crisis of the last five years and no one believes the team will beat Manchester United. Ronaldinho might not play again for Barcelona, Deco seems not keen on playing football at all. Marquez the same thing, although yesterday he played a few minutes. And the rest either injured or with a lack of confidence that is astonishing.

vansmack

« Reply #1168 on: April 02, 2008, 09:23:00 pm »
Two very entertaining games today.

A wise man once told me you never want to have to go to Turkey.  It's nice a place to visit, but anytime you have to go to Turkey it can't be good.   Chelsea found that out tonight.  Fenerbahce were shit in the first half - coudn't have looked worse.  But Chelsea failed to capitalize and boy did they pay the price in the second half.  Deivid's game winner was exquisite.

Other than the last 15 minutes or so, I found the Arsenal/Liverpool match entertaining as well.  Liverpool has to be feeling good about the result, but it very easily could have gone either way.  A tie was probably a just result.  I was rooting for Arsenal injuries and I got one in Van Persie getting hurt again.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1169 on: April 04, 2008, 03:49:00 pm »
Saturday, April 5

7:30am Arsenal vs. Liverpool (set)
 10:00am Newcastle vs. Reading (FSC)
 10:00am Manchester City vs. Chelsea (Set)
 12:00pm Aston Villa  Bolton (FSC)
 6:00pm Fulham vs. Sunderland (SDC)
 7:45pm Blackburn vs. Tottenham (SDC)

Sunday, April 6

8:30am Middlesbrough vs. Manchester Utd (Set)
 4:30pm Everton vs. Derby (FSC)
27>34