Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1413976 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #1170 on: April 04, 2008, 04:24:00 pm »
cl kind of takes the luster off of the best match this weekend. supposedly torres and gerrard are going to get rotated too
o/\o

Barcelona

« Reply #1171 on: April 04, 2008, 04:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  cl kind of takes the luster off of the best match this weekend. supposedly torres and gerrard are going to get rotated too
Still, it is great to have three games between Arsenal and Liverpool in six days. Great for football.

vansmack

« Reply #1172 on: April 04, 2008, 04:32:00 pm »
How 'bout Setanta getting Liverpool, Arsenal, United and Chelsea all in the same weekend?
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1173 on: April 04, 2008, 04:39:00 pm »
I'd like to see all three games between arse and scum end up as a draw...both drop a couple of points in the league and have to play o/t in the champs lge...tired legs being the result. Add to that tempers will be stretched by game three so we might see some supsensions. Then if shitty do their cross-town loveable neighbours a favour this weekend United could pretty much have it wrapped up by Monday. Having said all that Boro always give utd fits for some reason so I'm taking nothing for granted.

I see old Goofy at Barca is out for the season..more good news for UTD if we get past Roma.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1174 on: April 04, 2008, 08:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

How 'bout Setanta getting Liverpool, Arsenal, United and Chelsea all in the same weekend? [/b]
i didnt even notice that. i suppose that the shitty/chelski match could be mildly compelling as well
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1175 on: April 05, 2008, 09:17:00 am »
You couldn't write this stuff for a movie. Your cross town rivals who hate  you with a passion because of an inferiority complex go a long way to handing you the title by taking points off you closest challengers.

vansmack

« Reply #1176 on: April 05, 2008, 12:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by 47 YEAR OLD VIRGIN:
  You couldn't write this stuff for a movie. Your cross town rivals who hate  you with a passion because of an inferiority complex go a long way to handing you the title by taking points off you closest challengers.
If only shitty had helped us out as well...
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1177 on: April 05, 2008, 01:33:00 pm »

If only shitty had helped us out as well... [/b]
Yeah fuck em!! You know they threw the game just to spite United...shitty even scored the first goal themselves for crying out loud!!!   ;)

serpent boy

« Reply #1178 on: April 05, 2008, 02:08:00 pm »
:)

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1179 on: April 05, 2008, 03:12:00 pm »
Does the crazy lady still own the canaries?

serpent boy

« Reply #1180 on: April 05, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »
  Does the crazy lady still own the canaries?
Yep, Delia the drunkard is still around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-KizC6wEys

vansmack

« Reply #1181 on: April 06, 2008, 04:55:00 pm »

Vidic took a concerning knock (knee) in the first half and left on the cart.
Both goals were scored where Vidic would normally be.  And as if it couldn't get worse, Rio limped off.  Eesh.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1182 on: April 07, 2008, 04:24:00 pm »
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTERFINALS - 2nd LEG

Tuesday, April 8

2:30pm Liverpool vs. Arsenal (ESPN2)
 2:30pm Chelsea vs. Fenerbahce (Set, ESPN Classic @5)

Wednesday, April 9

2:30pm Manchester United vs. AS Roma (ESPN2)
 2:30pm Barcelona vs. FC Shalke (Set, ESPN Clasic @5)
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1183 on: April 07, 2008, 04:56:00 pm »
Not to worry, United have depth this season (for a change) I can't see them letting it slip away this late in the season, and rumour has it Cech was involved in a fight on the practice field with an unnamed player so Chelski are in a bit of a turmoil right now...I can honestly see them going out on Tuesday. Goals don't come easy for them and Fenerbache will just field 9 defenders and shut up shop.

Arse are just too far away to chase the premiership and seem to be losing their nerve so I can see Liverpool going through.

vansmack

« Reply #1184 on: April 07, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »
  rumour has it Cech was involved in a fight on the practice field with an unnamed player so Chelski are in a bit of a turmoil right now...I can honestly see them going out on Tuesday. Goals don't come easy for them and Fenerbache will just field 9 defenders and shut up shop.

His face was rebroken and he's out for at least two weeks.
27>34