Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1412580 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #2850 on: October 06, 2010, 11:01:42 am »
Now, I have less than zero interest in this game you call baseball, but I have always HATED with a passion the NY Wankees for some strange reason. With that in mind I was always a default Red Sox fan if ever pushed to pick a team. Now the fuckers are buying pikeypool so I have an awful dilema of who do I hate the most.

a, WANKEES?

b, DEAD SOX?

c, BOTH EQUALLY?

Why is life so complicated?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2851 on: October 06, 2010, 11:10:28 am »
if it makes you feel any better the red sox have pretty much turned into the diet yankees anyway

so liverpool has a new american owner that doesnt know anything about english football and only cares about making money. stop me if you've heard this one before...
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2852 on: October 06, 2010, 01:25:47 pm »
So I'm drinking at my local soccer bar last night and the scouser fans are all excited about their new bids and how some rich Asian is going to buy the team and dump billions into the team to restore glory.

So I tell them, "Hey, one of the bids is from another American - the owner of the Red Sox.  He doesn't know shit about football."

You could have dropped a feather in that place and you would have heard it hit the ground for the split second while they contemplated that.  Then all hell broke loose and I'm pretty sure if they had an American flag they would have burnt it.
27>34

Mobius

« Reply #2853 on: October 06, 2010, 01:46:00 pm »
Now can they find the football larry lucchinos and theo epsteins? Can they translate pseudo-moneyball to the premier league?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 07:03:46 pm by Mobius »

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2854 on: October 06, 2010, 01:53:52 pm »
Then all hell broke loose and I'm pretty sure if they had an American flag they would have burnt it.
i almost wish i watched baseball so i could call sawx fans flag burners. this is going to be high comedy
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2855 on: October 07, 2010, 09:01:23 am »
Other than Lerner at Villa, except the O'Neill walking out fiasco....what yank meddling with a premiership team has made a positiver impact on it?

It's not a challenge, simply a question.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2856 on: October 07, 2010, 10:06:39 am »
forget nationality for a second, ownership motivation is the one aspect that will sink a club faster than anything. if the ownership is trying to make a profit, they have no business being in the business. i could be wrong, but i dont believe that henry has any ties to merseyside or knows anything about the prem. at least hicks owned corinthians

o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2857 on: October 07, 2010, 04:44:42 pm »
if the ownership is trying to make a profit, they have no business being in the business.

what dictatorship/communist country do you hail from?
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #2858 on: October 07, 2010, 06:20:24 pm »
We can really make this assessment after two to three years?

I can assure you the list of bunk English owners is much longer than the list of American owners and I'd put the Chelski / Sheik City damage up against the American owned squads any time you'd like....
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2859 on: October 08, 2010, 08:11:04 am »
yeah portsmouth, west ham, leeds, and hell newcastle have not been owned by americans. i always thought it was interesting that the english media and fans seem to be focused on the transfer fees and totally ignore the wages. huge wages are what crippled the toon

if the ownership is trying to make a profit, they have no business being in the business.

one that has no room for millionaires. you need a billion or go home. i guess thats china?
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2860 on: October 08, 2010, 09:02:52 am »

AMERICA silly - where have you been for the last 21 months?

At least the Brits who are bringing their teams to their knees are actually AT THE F***ING GAMES! That's imcompetence, not meddling in something they have zero interest in.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2861 on: October 13, 2010, 09:58:37 am »
BUMMER! I was hoping for a 9 point deduction for pikeypool...

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2862 on: October 13, 2010, 10:32:55 am »
well administration might have got them ownership that has a clue, so look on the brightside
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2863 on: October 13, 2010, 12:41:24 pm »
BUMMER! I was hoping for a 9 point deduction for pikeypool...

It's not going to matter with that squad.  They won't be in Europe next season.

On to brighter news, Hargreaves is supposed to play this weekend!
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2864 on: October 13, 2010, 01:45:06 pm »
On to brighter news, Hargreaves is supposed to play this weekend!

My favorite joke I've heard so far about this:

"Great, he's playing this weekend.  But when will he play next?"
27>34