Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1412627 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #2865 on: October 15, 2010, 08:50:40 am »
man fsc, delaying the toon match until 8:30 pm hurts my weekend sports watching plans
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2866 on: October 20, 2010, 08:47:47 am »
Ince-Stam-Beckham-RVN-Tevez-Rooney...how many more will it take before they realize NO single player is bigger than Manchester United, and if you start a pissing contest with SAF, you're only going to get pissed on.

The way he's played recently we'll be lucky to get a bag of fish n chips and 4 pack of Boddingtons for him.

Rumour has it he's already agreed a deal with City. Disney Corp. have financed the deal because they are looking forward to a reunion of Shrek and Donkey.

As long as United qualify for next years Champs League this season I'll be happy, we are going through yet another transition.

hutch

« Reply #2867 on: October 20, 2010, 10:34:44 am »
Ince-Stam-Beckham-RVN-Tevez-Rooney...how many more will it take before they realize NO single player is bigger than Manchester United, and if you start a pissing contest with SAF, you're only going to get pissed on.

The way he's played recently we'll be lucky to get a bag of fish n chips and 4 pack of Boddingtons for him.

Rumour has it he's already agreed a deal with City. Disney Corp. have financed the deal because they are looking forward to a reunion of Shrek and Donkey.

As long as United qualify for next years Champs League this season I'll be happy, we are going through yet another transition.

JUst plain silly.. the lengths ManU supporters will go to defend anything Ferguson even without knowing any of the details...

Also, the lack of respect for great Man U players is astounding..  I mean yes Rooney may be leaving but he gave you some pleasure over the years!

With Man U the minute they leave its like they are the enemy or something..its really classless..

Also, did you ever think that maybe the issue isn't Rooney or Tevez or whoever but Ferguson?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2868 on: October 20, 2010, 10:44:08 am »
really? i have one favorite club and everyone else is indeed the enemy

forget tevez, we've long established that the issue with him was his agent

why would anyone take a petulant frequenter of bad hookers over the best manager on earth? that defies logic. and like i said, man u is the enemy
o/\o

hutch

« Reply #2869 on: October 20, 2010, 11:07:29 am »
City is denying any contact.

But really.. where is the loyalty to Rooney? Man U treats its players worse than any team I've seen....

I'm not advocating the other extreme unfortunately exemplified by my team Boca Juniors...give an over the hill injured troublemaking player a five year contract (Riquelme) but

I have to say I don't even understand what the issue is... Rooney wanted Ferguson to defend him? Or Rooney feels Ferguson lied about his being injured?

One thing is for sure: Rooney's form has been really poor for months now...

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2870 on: October 20, 2010, 11:19:35 am »
Really lads? Were in my comments did I slag off any of the players in question? On the contrary, I'd say Old Trafford is probably THE MOST welcoming supporters of ex-players, with maybe Tevez being the exception, because he tried to hang out dirty laundry that never existed in the first place. Man Utd refused to be held to ransome by his agent.

If you have a bust up with your boss at work...who ends up out of a job if it gets that bad? Why would a sports team be any different?

I'm just saying go if you want to go Rooney. If you don't want to wear the red devil, along with the history and glory that goes with it, then give it back so we can put someone else's name on the back. Players of Rooney's talent are just like busses, there's always another one coming around the corner. Nobody is indespensible but some (Ronaldo) think they are. You may disagree but I'd say we haven't missed Ronaldo one iota since we cashed him in for $133m+. If Man U meet RM I can guarantee you he will get a standing ovation at OT. What about Alan Smith? He's still an OT hero.

Come on lads, hate UTD all you want but don't make shit up or put words in my mouth.

*edit* I don't think it's a done deal yet, and I want him to stay and become a United legend alongside Edwards, Charlton, Best, Cantona, Keane, Scholes, Giggs etc. etc. but if he does leave I hope he does it with class so we can give him a standing ovation when he visits as an opponent.

SOOOOOOOO - who should we spend the money on?  ;D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:25:46 am by Frank Gallagher »

vansmack

« Reply #2871 on: October 20, 2010, 11:31:25 am »
Ince-Stam-Beckham-RVN-Tevez-Rooney

SAF did admit that letting Stam go was a mistake, but the rest have proven to be the right move.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2872 on: October 20, 2010, 11:35:48 am »
Really lads? Were in my comments did I slag off any of the players in question? On the contrary, I'd say Old Trafford is probably THE MOST welcoming supporters of ex-players, with maybe Tevez being the exception, because he tried to hang out dirty laundry that never existed in the first place. Man Utd refused to be held to ransome by his agent.

If you have a bust up with your boss at work...who ends up out of a job if it gets that bad? Why would a sports team be any different?

I'm just saying go if you want to go Rooney. If you don't want to wear the red devil, along with the history and glory that goes with it, then give it back so we can put someone else's name on the back. Players of Rooney's talent are just like busses, there's always another one coming around the corner. Nobody is indespensible but some (Ronaldo) think they are. You may disagree but I'd say we haven't missed Ronaldo one iota since we cashed him in for $133m+. If Man U meet RM I can guarantee you he will get a standing ovation at OT. What about Alan Smith? He's still an OT hero.

Come on lads, hate UTD all you want but don't make shit up or put words in my mouth.

*edit* I don't think it's a done deal yet, and I want him to stay and become a United legend alongside Edwards, Charlton, Best, Cantona, Keane, Scholes, Giggs etc. etc. but if he does leave I hope he does it with class so we can give him a standing ovation when he visits as an opponent.

SOOOOOOOO - who should we spend the money on?  ;D
sorry if i phrased it poorly, but i was agreeing with you

i mean rooney wants out. how is saying go if you want to go anything but logical?
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2873 on: October 20, 2010, 12:03:51 pm »
Ince-Stam-Beckham-RVN-Tevez-Rooney

SAF did admit that letting Stam go was a mistake, but the rest have proven to be the right move.

I'd say the Beckham move was a bit premature too. RVN was never the same without Becks putting the ball on his toe week in week out.

hutch

« Reply #2874 on: October 20, 2010, 05:59:01 pm »
Rooney talked today and basically he's saying the team is a loser and he wants to win..

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2875 on: October 21, 2010, 08:19:26 am »
yeah because he hasnt won anything at man u  ::)
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2876 on: October 21, 2010, 05:23:43 pm »
27>34

hutch

« Reply #2877 on: October 22, 2010, 09:14:01 am »
well how about that? Rooney resigned with ManU...

Maybe it was simply about the benjamins

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2878 on: October 22, 2010, 10:48:12 am »
Didn't I say it's not over yet?

I think Colleen doesn't want to live in Spain...because seriously, were else do you go after United? Just ask Becks and Ronaldo? Seems MLS is the chosen league of choice for Europe's top stars...whodathunkit eh?

BTW - for those who accuse UTD of being a 'buying team' just check this out and tell me the future doesn't look bright at OT??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9117997.stm

Oh- shoeshine...it's nice to have Toon back in the top flight.

vansmack

« Reply #2879 on: October 22, 2010, 02:21:09 pm »
So last night I go to sleep after reading the Guardian about two fans in red hoodies making death threats outside Rooney's house.

And this morning I learn that he's signed a new contract allegedly under the assurances that United will spend money in January.

Win-win-win. 
27>34